What a letter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
    oh.. but mi nevah hear yuh talking bout Democracy threatened then..

All wi coulda hear from yuh was how nutting nah come of it.. dem juss lucky suh far.... mi si Hingland about to lock up some man fi di same ting...

LOL !!
    I said then fellow.... sumting inna di Trafigura sintin.... but nutting nah guh gwaan...

......because I could not see how the Jamaican legal system could put the pieces together to be in a position to prosecute.... too many disparate jurisdictions and uncooperative actors... one would need an insider/snitch to make a breakthrough in the Trafigura case.... an dat naah happen inna Jamaica... yuh done kno wha happen to informa...

As I put it at the time... I did not see a viable path to prosecution... even if there was criminality involved.
    As it turned out I was 100% correct (as usual)....
    CHECK.

Also I predicted that Bulbgate was far more serious... and that Kern was in deep doo doo..
    CHECK.

... that OLINT was a straight up Ponzi..... the naive (you included) were demanding that I supply proof.... whey unnu a say now.... or unnu a wait fi ah conviction? LOL!!

CHECKMATE.

my God these so called commentators are so limited in their overstanding.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

The fault is yours.

You called for investigation and hence I correctly assumed you meant by the competent authorities!!

Now you clarify that you mean the media!!! Of course the media is free to pursue anything they find relevant and promising and I have no problem with that. If they discover concrete stuff, then yes action must be supported. This however, is totally different than the APPARENT position you took before.

Officialdom cannot and will not act on hearsay, they require hard evidence showing probable cause.

As for the media, we have many outlets, so its a cop out to say that they are all at the behest of politics. The Herald is no fan of Golding, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
        Trafigura had bank statement. Without that it would have been wild speculation. That brought reason for investigation

Even there, what happened later when more proof was not forthcoming?

What we have is a letter from a man who would advocate the economic destruction of Jamaica so that he can recover the money HE foolishly, consciously and blood-mindedly "invested" in a scheme paying 10% a month??? This is NOT a basis for any action whatsoever. As a lawyer (and a good one) you KNOW that.

I am not saying that he is even right or wrong in his allegations, just saying that it not enuff to act on.
        The allegation by the gentleman is only one case of tens of thousands.... an interesting case yes... but merely one.

The problem is a toothless, ineffectual.... big business & thereby politically controlled media which ill serves the country.

Unnu used to di fooliniss tuh much.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

yuhseeit!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The fault is yours.

You called for investigation and hence I correctly assumed you meant by the competent authorities!!

Now you clarify that you mean the media!!! Of course the media is free to pursue anything they find relevant and promising and I have no problem with that. If they discover concrete stuff, then yes action must be supported. This however, is totally different than the APPARENT position you took before.

Officialdom cannot and will not act on hearsay, they require hard evidence showing probable cause.

As for the media, we have many outlets, so its a cop out to say that they are all at the behest of politics. The Herald is no fan of Golding, for example.
            If you misunderstand or jump to an erroneous conclusion.. the fault is mine? Interesting concept.. but I can accept that... my back broad. LOL!! In my defence... I did mention the media in my FIRST post on this thread I believe.

There is a big difference between saying the theoretical "the media is free to do anything" and DEMANDING that the media investigate the possible corruption of our politics (both parties) by money possibly EMBEZZLED from the unsuspecting... money which is now the subject of international criminal investigation in several jurisdictions.

For some reason you seem very passive on the matter. Why?

I ask again... if it's true that Golding met with Smith a few weeks ago in secret.... what's your opinion?

Maybe he wanted his advice on the upcoming IMF talks?
            Last edited by Don1; July 10, 2009, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              yuhseeit!
              yes mi seet!

Comment

wait deh, how yuh know him neva diversify?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

True...just because he lost his money (and maybe others as well) he want the US to cut ties to jamaica over personal things.

Wonder what he would say about Madoff's crimes...
                  Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                  Che Guevara.

Comment

If true, then the fault would be mine...My back broader! LoL

I am not passive, but I cant take the claim of this psycho seriously.

The man demands the destruction of Jamaica to get back his life savings he freely and foolishly "invested", so him dead to me from that.

There was no embezzlement. Ponzi scheme yes, very likely, but there was no coersion in his investing. He was just damn greedy, and everyone knows it.

Comment

Trafigura had bank statement. Without that it would have been wild speculation. That brought reason for investigation

Even there, what happened later when more proof was not forthcoming?

What we have is a letter from a man who would advocate the economic destruction of Jamaica so that he can recover the money HE foolishly, consciously and blood-mindedly "invested" in a scheme paying 10% a month??? This is NOT a basis for any action whatsoever. As a lawyer (and a good one) you KNOW that.

I am not saying that he is even right or wrong in his allegations, just saying that it not enuff to act on.
                      In this case both the PNP and JLP publicly admit receiving di tiefin money. Individual candidates have not yet made the declaration publicly.

The parties and candidates should be forced to DECLARE and RETURN all these donations... especially if it is established to be proceeds from a criminal enterprise.

Nothing less should suffice.
                      Last edited by Don1; July 10, 2009, 10:05 AM. Reason: What more proof do you need?

Comment

Yeah,

Some in Olint fund 1, some in fun 2, some in cash plus, some in Madoff, some in Stanford investing and he rolled over BCCI hi-yield investments.

Comment

Dat I can agree with.

Comment

yuh cya'an tell mi seh dem nuh diversify!!!

btw a yuh ban sickko?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you gwaan think the misunderstanding is your LOL.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

If true, then the fault would be mine...My back broader! LoL

I am not passive, but I cant take the claim of this psycho seriously.

The man demands the destruction of Jamaica to get back his life savings he freely and foolishly "invested", so him dead to me from that.

There was no embezzlement. Ponzi scheme yes, very likely, but there was no coersion in his investing. He was just damn greedy, and everyone knows it.
                                agreed.... mi nuh kno di docta an mi nuh bizniz wid im.

Sanctions he is advocating are ridiculous.... mi nih support dat. Mi jus waan kno wich tician tek money an ow much.

As to embezzlement.. I don't think coercion is a factor.... but deception... but I am not an attorney.

Lord Gamma... can embezzlement on the part of a fund manager be established by deceit regarding how deposits are invested? Or is it regarded as "just" fraud?

Not to be confused with unjust fraud.

Comment

Working...
                                X