RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I heard Vybes Cartel for the first time!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard Vybes Cartel for the first time!!

I was flicking through the music channels on DISH network. I went to the Reggae channel. They were playing a Vybes Cartel chune.

What a pieca crap masking as talent.

I hope that they continue to call this "artform" dancehall and NOT Reggae.

Additionally: someone placed a link to Beenieman(Ithink) with busta Rhymes doing a show at BB King in Manhattan.

What a pieca crap performance masking as talent.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

HL a critic of your own culture ... or is it a generation GAP?

Comment

Both i think Naminirt.

BTW: talking about 'culture'...have you ever listened to a group called Culture?

Check out CD's like: * Good Things * Culture in Culture * Wings of a Dove * Nuff Crisis.........

With time, you will notice your taste for good music will improve.

It's like junk food. After a while 'some' folks cutt-tit-out all together-- and eat mostly nutritionally sound foods. (It's the same wid music)

HL

Comment

And when you were a youngster what were your parents views on CULTURE's music?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          And when you were a youngster what were your parents views on CULTURE's music?
          Very good question bricky. Respect fi dat. we must learn to low each generation to find their way in time they will pick choose and refuse like we did. For every culture there were many more whom we don't wanna remember right now.

Comment

I mean Culture the group.

Comment

I think I mentioned that 'folks' taste in music changes with time.

BUT:
              I used to be an avid listener to DJ's like: Preacher Badoo, Ranking Joe, Nicodemous, Bad Bwoy Junior Demous, Briggy General, Lt Stichie, Mikie Jarratt.......
              Last edited by HL; March 25, 2009, 02:24 PM.

HL

Comment

From what i can remember they were tolerant of groups like Culture and so on.

HL

Comment

Listen tune by kartel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yudDRyL0GEQ

Comment

A dat yu call tune?!? kissteet! Boring! "Boody bie"? not even original...
                    Peter R

Comment

Closed minds Bricktop....mi older than plenty man yah.. a mi listen from Cartel to Movado to Bob to Culture to Shakespear...

Comment

Not one his best....yu should hear...nah..not for this forum...when yu link mi.

Comment

Kartel slack and really sing some things I don't rate , but he is one of the greatest lyricist in Jamaica's history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtTFKotGWew

Comment

Robbie Shakespear?
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

"greatest"?
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X