Teacher Beaten For Waking Student

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teacher Beaten For Waking Student

A teacher at a prominent all-boy school in Kingston was reportedly ganged and assaulted after he woke a sleeping student on Tuesday, THE WEEKEND STAR understands.
    School officials could not be reached for comment, but the Constabulary Communication Network said the teacher was arranging a classroom when he reportedly pulled a desk which hit another on which a student was resting his head.
    The student, it is reported, began behaving boisterously and the teacher insisted that they both visit the principal's office.
    A SCUFFLE
    Further reports are that a scuffle ensued as other students got involved and held on to the teacher. He was allegedly hit in the face and on the neck. The matter was reported to the police and is to be brought before the court next week. THE WEEKEND STAR learnt that school was disrupted the following day as teachers refused to attend classes.
    Alton Davis, public relations manager at the Ministry of Education, said yesterday that the ministry is aware of the incident. Davis said steps are being taken to ensure that the situation is resolved.
    "We cannot go into the school and part fights, the ministry cannot do everything, there are principals who deal with that sort of thing ... .The ministry is aware and will be working towards sorting it out," Davis said.
    Efforts to get a comment from the Jamaica Teachers' Association were unsuccessful.
    When THE WEEKEND STAR visited the school yesterday, students made a mockery of the incident, saying the assaulted teacher has lost their respect and should find a next job. "Di teacha a big man and him mek some likkle third-former beat him up... . Him too soft man, him cyaa gimmi nuh chat again," one third-form student said.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...ews/news1.html
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Those 2 fools need to be expelled!! Matter of fact they should be sent to a juvenile center.

Teachers and referees in a position of damn if dem do. The teacher was at a disadvantage cause if him duh the students any damage we'd be hearing bout zero tolerance and the man would most likely lose his job.

As fi the likkle punk dem dat cyaan even pi.ss straight ... the principal need fi lay down the law.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Unfortunately, Lazie, is not di principal. Ever since they had some change in some education code some years ago, students rule!

Unruly students need to be removed from school (since we can't expel them anymore) and put in a place where trained personnel can deal wid dem case. If that place is a correctional facility, then so be it!!!

Yuh know how much time me see teachers mek students bad dem up just because dem know dem career woulda dun if dem retaliate? But the students know that they will be given chance upon chance to box dung anedda teacher.

It haffi stop! The ministry needs to act, and decisively too!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

"since we can't expel them anymore"

Yuh serious or yuh being sarcastic?

Comment

Den when di Munro 5 wenna draw dem big spliff and Munro try expel dem, what yuh tink happen? It was the board that resigned en bloc because dem breach some code dat force the principal to do dis dat and di odda instead a just kick di bwoy dem inna dem ass!

It is extremely difficult to expel a student these days. People talk bout what going to happen when dem expel? Dem just gwine pick up gun and become a menace to society. Aks the Education Minister. The safest place to be a serial killer right now is to be a student in a Jamaican high school. Nubody cyaan touch yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

when we done we say we want better education?

Have we gotten too liberal? We have taken the power from the teachers
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Den when di Munro 5 wenna draw dem big spliff and Munro try expel dem, what yuh tink happen? It was the board that resigned en bloc because dem breach some code dat force the principal to do dis dat and di odda instead a just kick di bwoy dem inna dem ass!

It is extremely difficult to expel a student these days. People talk bout what going to happen when dem expel? Dem just gwine pick up gun and become a menace to society. Aks the Education Minister. The safest place to be a serial killer right now is to be a student in a Jamaican high school. Nubody cyaan touch yuh!
              Rahtid! Wasn't aware. No wonder the indiscipline in the society has gotten so terrible.

Comment

I remember in second form having a heated argument with the then math teacher, Mr.Wright. Seems he was allowed to act childish and when I condescended it quickly got physical, damn teacher beat mi up, and I still had to face Father Quinland's(sp)cane.Went on to end the year as his best math student.
                There was an amiable conductor in Portmore that was sleeping at a terminus. A friend of his placed a firecracker next to his ear and lit it.The otherwise "easy to get along with" conductor was unnerved and startled by the explosion insomuch that he uncharacteristically attacked his friend, the conductor was subsequently stabbed and died.
                Chair hit the desk by accident my neckback.It wasn't the fact he woke the student up.. but the manner in which he did, and of course the ensuing scuffle...
                Also, the reporter spoke to students that had nothing to do with the incident, I am disappointed we did not hear from the students involved.
                I want to hear the full story, and remain disgusted with reporters opting for sensationalism over objective reporting.No reason to make things worse than they are considering their reports are bruited abroad.
                My guess is the teacher wasn't ganged.

Blessed

Comment

Whatever way he woke up the student, it could even have been with a cricket bat, he had no bizniz beating up the teacher.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Look, the reference to the amiable conductor goes to state of mind(backfoot mi sound like a lawyer)at that crucial moment, if anything that should be expected to be tailored would be his friend's reaction, in the matter at hand, the teacher's reaction. Some of few times I attempted to end scuffles amongst my friends, I have been accused of holding one so the other could have their way....
                    What I am upset about is the shabby reporting, we can't have an informed opinion as a result.

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post

When THE WEEKEND STAR visited the school yesterday, students made a mockery of the incident, saying the assaulted teacher has lost their respect and should find a next job. "Di teacha a big man and him mek some likkle third-former beat him up... . Him too soft man, him cyaa gimmi nuh chat again," one third-form student said.

http://www.jamaica-star.com/thestar/...ews/news1.html
                      Ass of a third-former!
                      ...what the hell has happened to students?
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Rahtid! Wasn't aware. No wonder the indiscipline in the society has gotten so terrible.
                        Yuh neva deh yah wen haal-mos di ole board nearly nyam mi wen mi seh , "aff wid dere eads"?!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

mi nuh like when people wake me up neither.

Comment

a who you beat now?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

this is indicative of the breakdown in society. a student should not be beating up a teacher and unnuh read what the other 3rd formers have to say?

it also wasn't clear whether he was sleeping in or during class not that that would be all that important. this is SHOCKING! which school was it? anyone knows.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X