Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't agree with Tuftons position here although

legally he is not required to resign.

You lose you seat in the election, so the Leader of the Opposition give you a Opposition Senate position. Then you go campaign and say the leader nuh want nuh intelligent people like you round him. And you lose again. Pack you grip man! Mek the man appoint those who him have confidence in.

You will live to fight again on another day when the time is right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Tufton: I will not resign as senator
    BY SHAMILLE SCOTT Observer staff reporter scotts@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, November 14, 2013
    Print this page Email A Friend!

DR Christopher Tufton says he will not resign as an Opposition senator, saying he finds the request from Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) Leader Andrew Holness most unusual.
    “He (Mr Holness) stated that he would prefer to see an en bloc resignation, but it’s not a constitutional requirement. It is an unusual request related to an internal election,” Tufton told the Jamaica Observer. “A shadow cabinet resignation doesn’t equate to a resignation from the Senate,” he added.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2kdTjA9lw
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

whether or not he is required to do so ... the request for him to resign was not an attempt to heal and according to dr lloyd barnett, it is unprecedented .... and tufton's response even worserer ... so the jlp bangarang continues lonmg after election done.

jlp is really a party of banagrang fi true

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Unfortunately it looks so. They just do not handle internal challenges well.

It is clear that Tufton has leadership ambitions, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is a need for a leader to have a level of trust in those in his inner circle though and I think Holness just does not have that in Tufton any longer.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
        Unfortunately it looks so. They just do not handle internal challenges well.

It is clear that Tufton has leadership ambitions, and there is nothing wrong with that. There is a need for a leader to have a level of trust in those in his inner circle though and I think Holness just does not have that in Tufton any longer.
        .... but can they trust Holness? He said when Portia and Peter went after Shaw about the economy, he stepped back, BECAUSE HIM SMART. WTF. Trying to drive out a thinking person is a stupid move. Look at the make up of the shadow cabinet? Half a dem gonna fall asleep mid sentence.. I guess Holness has shown us exactly how smart he is.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Well, if they can't trust him either, then even more reason for them to resign.

Looking like another JLP split-off (Seagas words) is possible. This is not over.

Poor Jamaica.

Comment

Perhaps he feels threatened? When takes over so young he is not thinking succession they say when a new alpha male lion takes over he either kills or drives out the young males....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
              Well, if they can't trust him either, then even more reason for them to resign.

Looking like another JLP split-off (Seagas words) is possible. This is not over.

Poor Jamaica.
              I noticed that most of the mps that supported Shaw were those that were seen as the better performers whenever the media graded the former gov't. Now just look at the shadow ... sorry the sleepy cabinet.

Why poor Jamaica? They currently have a gov't they want. They should be good for the next 2 decades.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                Perhaps he feels threatened? When takes over so young he is not thinking succession they say when a new alpha male lion takes over he either kills or drives out the young males....
                "Perhaps he feels threatened? "

I think that is exactly it. It first came to my attention when Shaw presented the 5 Es for moving the country forward. Holness got upset that he made such a presentation before ... only for it to come out that it was the idea of .... Tufton.

It is clear that Tufton is a thinking person.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  .... but can they trust Holness? He said when Portia and Peter went after Shaw about the economy, he stepped back, BECAUSE HIM SMART. WTF. Trying to drive out a thinking person is a stupid move. Look at the make up of the shadow cabinet? Half a dem gonna fall asleep mid sentence.. I guess Holness has shown us exactly how smart he is.
                  LOL... Too bad Tufton & One Turd inna di Layba Toilet

Looks like a bad case of Political Constipation...

ExLax fi Layba mi seh!!!! Time fi flush out di Gang of Turds!!!

wooooiiiee mi duodenum!!!
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Tuff Luck

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Yes with a superPAC (thanks X) like the JLP clearing the path, the PNP should be sitting pretty in govt for a while.

Welcome PM Paulwell (sigh)

Comment

I love it!

Say it wid mi, Lazie - Gwaan 'Sta P!

Wooiiee! Mi clenched fist!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I love it!

Say it wid mi, Lazie - Gwaan 'Sta P!

Wooiiee! Mi clenched fist!
                          woooiiiee mi Head..Side!!!!

Comment

MDYADWL fi real!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I'm always a bit leery of those who proclaim themselves smart. I mean, I have never had to go around blowing my own horn regarding my brains. Indeed, the very thought of such a thing sickens my stomach! .

Anyway, if Tufton considers himself among the brains in the party, he should at least do the smart thing and resign.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X