Assasin!!!.......I've been seeing some interviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assasin!!!.......I've been seeing some interviews

with MLS Academy Directors and MLS Technical Directors, and they're pretty much saying that U.S. youth development, especially MLS academies, had outgrown the USSDA. The main complaints were - 1. unnecessary micro-managing from USSDA, 2. too much traveling for young academy players, and 3. not enough being done to help offset the cost at independent academies. They also want every MLS team to have their own reserve/USL team, for a smooth transition to the 1st team.......Peter Vermes thinks that players 14 & under (12 - 14) should play only locally & some regional. For players 15 - 19, more regional, as well as national & international competition should be "phased in incrementally".
    It will be interesting to see what this MLS Elite Academy League will look like, because I'm hearing some want it to be bigger than the USSDA. Also want to see if more USL teams will start academies, and if non MLS academy coaches can take the Elite Formation Coaching License.

Based on my observation a lot of this is right. What is been done to youth players now is not working. For one the MLS Acadmy may not have more than 120 players in Atlanta. While they have some good ones but there are many other youths who can play who maybe left out. I find that there are DA clubs in my area who can't beat a Classic team of the same age group. The teams travel all over costing parents and then the next year the kids are cut. Plus not to mention other kids not in the "elte" program improve in a year or two. More time have to be spend on wider development. I see it with my kids and because I have some knowledge of the game and they have develop this they can excel. and it is up to them as teens now. Atlanta United now playing in the DA league, the SCCL regional league and Georgia Classic league. DA is very limited as the games they play is not a lot and it includes travelling. Last year my boys play the Disney Classic and it cost at least 2 grand for a long weekend. Now they are not in high school and I wouldn't do that again until they can be recruited for college. Also kids from Savanah and South Carolina on ATL United have to live with team mates or parents have to move here with no guarantee they will be there next year.

The politics in the big clubs are stink. The emphasis is placed too much on wining, the big strong kids and dribbling. Not enough emphasis on development and understanding the game. Part of the reason is wining gets your club recognized and parents flock you. The US believe more in developing the Athlete than developing the "balla" as far as I am concern. An example is kids get the ball and turn into pressure and try beat player while the "balla" know the pass to make before the ball is even at his foot. You need a mix and it is maybe why the US fail to produce top class midfielder since London Donovan, Ramos and Reyna and are more likely to produce wings and wingbacks. I hope they see some these but that is just my two cents.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X