No announcement yet.

Taxi Lawrence Is Finally Emancipated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I presented facts that refuted your claim that Lawrence was making between $80,000 & $120,000.......He was making $250,000 before his contract renewal.
    2. The 3 top NYRB defenders were making "peanuts", before their contract renewals, with Lawrence making considerably more than the other 2.
    3. Lawrence agent got him about a 52% increase; Parker's agent got him about a 547% increase; and Long's agent got him about a 996% increase. And all 3 deals were made in a couple months.
    4. It is up to your agent to know your value to the team. It is up to your agent to know what the going salaries are, in the league, and get you the best salary.

Comment

That was on his first contract when he transferred from HV. This was his 2017 wages, not even the 85,000 I spoke of.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/2...salaries-2017/
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Half the things that MLS teams do, don't make much sense to anyone outside:
        NYRB transferred their young right-back to the same team, RSC Anderlecht, for only $775,000, January 1st 2020, when earlier last season they turned down more than twice that.......PSG offered $8M, last year, for Luciano Acosta, plus incentives that could push the transfer fee to $10M, which DCU wanted. DC stood firm on the $10M, PSG walked away, and Acosta went to Atlas (Liga MX), for free.......Juventus offered SKC $1M and then $2M for Erik Palmer-Brown, as a teenager, and both offers were rejected. At 20/21, Porto offered $4M for him, and that was rejected, but that same year they allowed his contract to expire, and he signed with Manchester City, for free. And there are many more like these.
        Last edited by USAF; February 1, 2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

And what does that have to do with his agent not getting him a good contract in 2018???
          Aaron Long earned $36,500, when he entered the league (2014).......In 2017, when Long signed with NYRB, he made $65,000 that year, and Kemar Lawrence made $205,600 that year.......When both had their contracts renewed, Long's agent got him about a 996% increase, over his 2018 salary ($73,000 to $800,000), while Lawrence's agent only got him about a 52% increase, over his 2018 salary ($250,000 to $380,000).

Comment

That sounds like NYRB people dem go the same negotiation school as Ed Woodward.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Did you read what I said initially. I said he was been paid 80-120 grand before he signed his second contract with Red Bull. He took a hometown discount with the Red Bull as they gave him a chance when nobody else would. Everybody was getting paid and Kemar saw himself as the best defender on Red Bull and one of the best in the league and went back for a raise a pay and they didn't accommodate him so he ask for a transfer. I don't care about what they signed Long for. The way Kemar has played for the Red Bulls over the last two years they could have given him a raise if they care so much about him because you know currently 250,000 is small for a valued player in the MLS.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The amount of money these MLS teams have lost, because of pi$$ poor business decisions & nonsensical league policies is unbelievable.

Comment

If he took a "hometown discount with the Red Bulls", he & his management are a bunch of jokers & business dunces, and they were a bunch of dummies for not demanding what he was worth.......There was no secret that Lawrence was one of the best players in the league, and the best LB. He made the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Best XI, 2017 MLS Best XI, and 2018 MLS All-Star Team, so why sign that new BS contract near the end of the 2018 MLS season & about 6-7 months later, start complaining that you're not getting paid what you deserve???
                  This is Kemar Lawrence contract history/salary with NYRB:
                  Signed in early 2015 on a 1 year/trial contract, for $60,000
                  Signed a new contract at the end of 2015, and earned $198,000 in 2016
                  Earned $205,600 in 2017
                  Earned $255,600 in 2018
                  Signed a new contract near the end of the 2018, and earned $382,750 in 2019

Comment

His basic pay in 2017 was 75000. That is what the Denver post show which I posted above. A no me said that. When he signed in 2018 he signed against the advice of his then agent who he fired.

Sometimes when you come from certain background that is what happen. However it happen to Julio Jones for the Falcons where got paid at the time but two years later he wasn't one of the top paying receiver in the league. The Falcons valued him and gave him a new contract. Yes whoever negotiate are to be blamed but if the Red Bulls valued him they would have deal with it better.

Comment

WTH is wrong with you??? Stop making up stuff - Kemar Lawrence's Base Salary for 2017 was $100,000, and that's in every publication, including the Denver Post. He, like most other MLS players, received an added Compensation, which is Guaranteed, so his salary for 2017 was $205,600.......He ignored the advice of his agent & signed a multi-year contract??? LOL . I thought he was smarter than that.......Did he do the same with his RSC Anderlecht contract, because based on reports, he will still be making less than Long???

Comment

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/04/2...salaries-2017/

Here is what the Denver post said. I have to make up nothing. If you read the article I post you will see they said he ignored his agent. I don't have to make up anything. What I know is he was upset that his salary is too low and asked for a more and then he became upset and asked for a transfer. That is widely reported.

Everything I said is reported so stop acting like I am making up anything. You think Kemar was interested in making more than Long??? No his interest was to make a fair salary for his talent so why keep on mentioning Long?
                        Last edited by Assasin; February 2, 2020, 10:09 AM.

Comment

and either way in 2017 MIL reported his basic salary was 100,000 within the range I said.

Do you call add on and bonus salary??? Do you know his add on package for his new club?

Comment

The post, that Kemar Lawrence base salary for 2017 was $75,000, is wrong/false/incorrect. The link you posted above, for NYRB 2017 player salaries, is showing that Kemar Lawrence base salary is $100,000, NOT $75,000 that you stated.

Kemar Lawrence voiced his displeasure with his salary, after the MLS team salaries were released. He was upset that after making more than Long & Parker, the 2 NYRB center-backs , for the prior 2 years & who signed with NYRB after him, and got new deals that had Long making more than twice he was making & Parker making close to twice his salary.......Before Long & Parker got their new deals, Lawrence was happy with his deal, because he was the highest paid NYRB defender. From he signed his new deal, late 2018, to when MLS team salaries were released, he had no problem with NYRB & made no demands for a new deal, and then he went public with his demand, to a new deal, late 2019.
                            Last edited by USAF; February 2, 2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

BUT HE DIDN'T MAKE/EARN/GOT PAID $100,000, IN 2017. HE MADE/EARNED/GOT PAID $205,600.......If in 2019 your job paid you a base salary of $100,000 PLUS a guaranteed bonus of $50,000, your earnings for 2019 is $150,000.......I already posted the reported information.

Comment

380 is good money for mls if you are not a designated player

Comment

Working...
                                X