Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums

Go Back   Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > The Everything Jamaica Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Everything Jamaica Forum This forum is for topics Jamaican or international/world issues which members may have an interest in discussing.

Old September 13th, 2020, 01:14 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Default Vaz as cabinet minister

The fact that Darryl Vaz is appointed and in fact offer himself to stand in as a minister of government exposes the personnel crisis that exists in the country generally and the shamelessness of Vaz particularly. Smh. No wonder a certain person take liberty and called some countries S#!thole$. We do an excellent job in proving his point.
Old September 13th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

On the road to perdition, Jamaica deserves it, its the natural course.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Old September 13th, 2020, 04:08 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggaedoc View Post
The fact that Darryl Vaz is appointed and in fact offer himself to stand in as a minister of government exposes the personnel crisis that exists in the country generally and the shamelessness of Vaz particularly. Smh. No wonder a certain person take liberty and called some countries S#!thole$. We do an excellent job in proving his point.
I guess you have an issue with Vaz being a cabinet minister. May I ask why?
Old September 13th, 2020, 04:42 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie View Post
I guess you have an issue with Vaz being a cabinet minister. May I ask why?
Yes I have an issue. Dont you?. Would you place a person of questionable judgement if not outright corrupt, who is barred from entering the borders of a close ally and trading partner, in your cabinet?. If you would, then it would be your judgement that should be questioned. Bad decision. Get him out of parliament already. He is not very smart anyway.
Old September 13th, 2020, 04:49 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Yes I have an issue. Dont you?. Would you place a person of questionable judgement if not outright corrupt, who is barred from entering the borders of a close ally and trading partner, in your cabinet?. If you would, then it would be your judgement that should be questioned. Bad decision. Get him out of parliament already. He is not very smart anyway.
I have not met him to determine how smart he is. but I wasn't aware of any corrupt act he was involved. MAybe I missed that one.
Old September 13th, 2020, 07:02 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Quote:
I have not met him to determine how smart he is. but I wasn't aware of any corrupt act he was involved. MAybe I missed that one.
You missed a lot of things.
Old September 13th, 2020, 09:06 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
You missed a lot of things.
Apparently ...... I do know that many round here believe anancy stories, e.g. one about Shorty that was eventually debunked. I will continue dealing with facts.
Old September 13th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Quote:
Apparently ...... I do know that many round here believe anancy stories, e.g. one about Shorty that was eventually debunked. I will continue dealing with facts.
Many round where? Debunked what?. That he is persona non grata in the USA, a country to which he once had permanent residency/citizenship?. I am talking about Vaz, so Shorty or Longy is irrelevant.
Old September 14th, 2020, 09:25 AM
Reggae 5 Star General

The habit of defending the indefensible is a hard one to break around here. James Robertson was stripped of his ministerial post by Bruce Golding when he was stripped of his US visa. Someone should have told Golding to ignore Anancy stories. Vaz said he would resign from cabinet if he didn't get his visa back. Probably another Anancy story. Money talks and accountability walks.
Old September 14th, 2020, 01:10 PM
Reggae Ambassador

What does having a visa has to do with being a competent minister. Not saying its the right pick but I dont think thats the litmus test.
Old September 14th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Well as none other than the Most Honourable Bruce Golding accepted the 'resignation' of James Robertson as his continuance as cabinet minister became untenable after the revocation of his USA visa. :

"Moreover, Mr Robertson's ability to manage a critical portfolio, where he has to interact with international players, would have been severely compromised if he was unable to travel to the United States, either as a final destination or in transit." Gleaner editorial May 27, 2011.

Robertson was Minister of Energy, what's Vaz' new portfolio? Can any of the usual suspects enlighten us.
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Reggae Ambassador

So you are saying the US should dictate who is a MP in our country... I get it if they are illegalities but visa are revoked for any reason. I am hearing it was because Paulwell and Vaz were seen to be the ones pushing pro China ties.. Idont know the story but we should be careful.
Old September 15th, 2020, 10:32 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ View Post
So you are saying the US should dictate who is a MP in our country... I get it if they are illegalities but visa are revoked for any reason. I am hearing it was because Paulwell and Vaz were seen to be the ones pushing pro China ties.. Idont know the story but we should be careful.
Paulwell and Vaz were seen to be the ones pushing pro China ties......lol. Another one that drank the Kool Aid. One man especially fryers caan run nuh Party or push no party.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Old September 15th, 2020, 11:04 AM
Reggae Ambassador

I dont know what the truth is really, but I am going on what people who are closer are saying. The fact is we dont know why the visa were revoked. But we cant pick Cabinet minister based on what the US thinks.. so why have people vote , we should just ask the embassy who should be MPs... you see the slippery slope..
Old September 15th, 2020, 11:31 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ View Post
I dont know what the truth is really, but I am going on what people who are closer are saying. The fact is we dont know why the visa were revoked. But we cant pick Cabinet minister based on what the US thinks.. so why have people vote , we should just ask the embassy who should be MPs... you see the slippery slope..
How you know the US embassy didnt push for Vaz ,he fits this administration profile of someone they would like to work with at a price, namely a visa.

Yuh think politricks simple.

Old September 15th, 2020, 11:36 AM
Reggae 5 Star General

Guys guys step back for a minute please. It's not about the US picking cabinet ministers.The PM has the right to pick who he wants to be in his cabinet. If a member of his cabinet has his US visa taken and said member said he would resign from cabinet if visa is not returned then an explanation is warranted.
If Vaz' visa has been returned then that has to be communicated to the Jamaican people. If the visa has not been returned and the PM puts him in cabinet (as is his right) then the reasons for this must also be communicated to the Jamaican people at the time of the appointment not after you calibrate the effect of the fallout. The handing of this is grossly disrespectful and this is what fuels rumours .
For those in green who don't get this I suggest they give Bruce Golding a call. Nuff people don't get the obvious unless it come from their tribe. Very Trumpianesque.
Old September 15th, 2020, 12:08 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

These guys don't want logical reasoning, they want conspiracies. I will give it to them.

Old September 15th, 2020, 12:21 PM
Reggae Ambassador

So when you vote for your MP are you not voting for him or her to be able to be nominated to a cabinet role or is it up to him having a visa. If so we should tell people only vote for people who has a visa.... See the point is bigger than green or orange. I think when it comes down to it really the PM may feel you need some abrasiveness in that portfolio.. Can Vaz do that.. yes does he need a visa to do that maybe.... I dont know but I believe in giving people a chance before dismissing them....
Old September 14th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Many round where? Debunked what?. That he is persona non grata in the USA, a country to which he once had permanent residency/citizenship?. I am talking about Vaz, so Shorty or Longy is irrelevant.
So you are another one of them who is hung up on the visa thing? It is time you all stop making the possession of a US visa the holy grail. We are in an age where meetings can be done online and if there is a need to meet in person there are over 200 countries in which the meeting can take place. None of us knows why his visa was cancelled, so please.
Old September 14th, 2020, 10:10 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

So you can start a sham company overseas e.g Mexico to wire 400k to Jamaica online and avoid international money laundering scrutiny laws.

I am not saying Vaz did this ,just asking a rhetorical question ?

Old September 14th, 2020, 10:40 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir X View Post
So you can start a sham company overseas e.g Mexico to wire 400k to Jamaica online and avoid international money laundering scrutiny laws.

I am not saying Vaz did this ,just asking a rhetorical question ?
"just asking a rhetorical question "

okay!
Old September 14th, 2020, 10:51 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Thanks to Vaz and Holness,we are left wondering, they know exactly why his visa was revoked but chose not to disclose it.
Old September 14th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
Thanks to Vaz and Holness,we are left wondering, they know exactly why his visa was revoked but chose not to disclose it.
Oh gosh ... another conspiracy theorist.
Old September 14th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

So you are saying Vaz was not given an explanation, and Holness was derelict in not demanding answers from Vaz???
Old September 14th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Hehe and Holness knows what must be done for it to be resolved, I would think.