Seeing as how historian is history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing as how historian is history

And there is no Bolt at this WC, is Jamaica a track and field powerhouse?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

In my opinion, and I said it before( predicted)our strength will grow post bejing 08. We have more medals in the non traditional events and this include fields and in the tracks, hurdles ,discuss,shot put and long jump.Idiots are fixated on the men as the sign of dominance, well the men dropped off in the traditional medal events and it's been picked up in other disciplines.This is a true reflection of our power, if the men step up we would be overachieving because to have all disciplines kicking at the same time every 2 to 4 years is impossible, every 8 to 10 years is more realistic.
    Last edited by Sir X; October 5, 2019, 05:04 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Sensible
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The women will lead and keep that flag flying for at least another 10 years,given what we see coming through the pipelines,I am edgy to say 20,given that it started from VCB and peaked in 08 ,when Shelly burst on the scences,It hasn't let up,even in Shelly's off season others stepped up and branched out,we dominate the 100m hurdles women and that looks like it won't stop anytime soon.

The women have a contender for a medal in every sprint discipline over 400 and that include hurdles. The men have never reached those heights.

One word,Champs.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The men's problem is that as soon as dem get some shine from high school, it fly up into them head. Gyal, Cars and likkle money a jingle in a dem pocets and dem think they've made it. That's why I'm so happy that Christopher Taylor took up the overseas scholarship, Look out for him to burst on the professional circuit next year.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

It is also burn out. The top schools run these boys into ground sometimes. I remember a few years ago Taylor was run for both junior and senior seasons and I think that set him back then.

We have to be careful how we treat these youngster and they have to want it themselves. A high school track star doesn't automatically transcend into Bolt or Powell.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I thought the local coaches have all these basic issues covered. That nuff countries look to Jamaica for quality coaching that include taking care of athletes.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

The big man speaks, boys who think they are rich and men who want to get rich,a recipe for disaster. Too much distraction at home

https://youtu.be/AIju9Ct7_DM

Comment

All that is factual. I know many athletes who come to Jamaica from as far away as Namibia.

However despite having the coaches the mind set of the the athlete is just as important ... Melaine Walker and Warren Weir represent a case in point

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Batman- Cbar, Tank- Cbar , etc etc . Once dem tun Champs star dem stop run.

Comment

Working...
                    X