Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums

Go Back   Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > The Everything Jamaica Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Everything Jamaica Forum This forum is for topics Jamaican or international/world issues which members may have an interest in discussing.

Old August 1st, 2020, 07:42 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Default ‘I won’t cut her hair!’

Parents of dreadlocked girl incensed at ‘systemic racism’ after court ruling

Sherine Virgo said she will not cut her seven-year-old daughter’s hair despite yesterday’s court ruling that Kensington Primary School did not breach her child’s constitutional rights when it denied her access in 2018 for having dreadlocks.

“I will not be cutting her hair! That was never an option on the table. As it is right now, it seems that everything is going the homeschool direction anyways,” Virgo told The Gleaner after the Supreme Court ruling.

The mother was told that her then five-year-old daughter would need to cut her hair before she could attend the school, which is one of the top-performing institutions in Portmore, St Catherine. The school stated that the wearing of dreadlocks was against its policy.

The Supreme Court had granted an injunction for the child to attend school after Jamaicans for Justice filed a motion on behalf of the child and her parents in August 2019. Her mother said that her daughter has performed exceptionally in the two years she has been at the institution, despite the controversy surrounding her hairstyle. Virgo said that her daughter topped her class for both the first and second year and was looking forward to going into grade three this September.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...ystemic-racism
Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Old August 1st, 2020, 11:03 AM
Reggae 5 Star General

2020 the plantation/colony continues. Happy Emancipation Day Jamaica. Nice move from the local judges in the English whigs. Now go home and rub on the bleaching cream. Surreal . It's worse than I thought

Old August 1st, 2020, 11:59 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

typical dummy response...have you read the judgement?
Old August 1st, 2020, 12:44 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Okay, what was the judgement?
Old August 1st, 2020, 12:55 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

the written judgement hasn't been released yet genius...but that won't stop you dummies from going full Talcum X on the forum...guess that's what dummies do...chat foolishness with no facts to back up what they're saying
Old August 1st, 2020, 02:00 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

So if you are waiting on the written judgement, how can you say the responses are without merits, wouldn't you need to be privy to the written judgement to make that determination?
Old August 1st, 2020, 02:17 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

the responses are uninformed...how can you take a position on something without the facts? i know that is normal dummy protocol but i mean...and for clarity the claim brought to the supreme court was that the child's right to freedom of expression was violated...no ruling was made on the banning of hairstyles....but you dummies can continue in your ignorance
Old August 1st, 2020, 05:14 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

That was my point Genius. That's why I asked you to post the judgement. You commented without seeing the judgement. You are playing semantics. Wearing a hairstyle is a form of personal expression. Nobody is fooled by what is happening here.like I said, this is bigger than your capability to grasp. You should leave it alone and stick to green propaganda. No need for a comment from you we know where you stand.
Old August 1st, 2020, 06:28 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

this is what you sad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRudi
Nice move from the local judges in the English whigs. Now go home and rub on the bleaching cream. Surreal . It's worse than I thought
yes i commented without seeing the judgement...i said that the written judgement hasn't been handed down yet so we should wait to read it...you're the dummy who went off half cocked on a stupid racist victim rant as usual...dummy 101...
Old August 1st, 2020, 07:02 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

I keep telling you Brickbrain stick to what you are comfortable with. This is way above your analytical ability and you have less than zero credibility on subjects like this.. Wait until you are given the next propaganda talking point until then stay away from issues you and your ilk shouldn't deal with.
Old August 1st, 2020, 08:08 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

more dummy talk...he lambasts supreme court justices as racist based on a judgement that hasn't even been written yet then tries to deflect by questioning my analytical capabilities...you're a special kind of dummy i see...new prototype

Last edited by Bricktop : August 1st, 2020 at 08:47 PM.
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:08 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

A question Bricktop,are decisions from the Supreme Court unanimous,or is it arrived from a majority of the Justices based on ratio being the decider?
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:52 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

i believe constitutional reviews are done by a three person panel...the chief justice & two puisne judges...not sure on how they decide but i'm sure the chief justice has the final say...i can fathom a fairly accurate guess as to why the ruling went the way it did...MOE has grooming guidelines...the guidelines do not specifically ban dreadlocks but each school administrator has a little leeway in not allowing certain hairstyles...Kensington Primary doesn't allow locked hair...the parents lied and said they were rastafarian so the Courts granted a temporary order against removing her from school...it appears (from the washington post article) that the family admitted in Supreme Court that they aren't rastafarian & the hairstyle was a fashion choice...the actions of the school wouldn't be unconstitutional in that instance...we'll have to wait & see the written judgement though...
Old August 1st, 2020, 10:02 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

You know Rudi, we really should not be surprised by Bricktop's stance on the issue,after all he subscribes to the doctrines of anti-Rasta Busta as opposed to Manley's whose legacy entails creating a level playing field.
He may as well be a door knob,imagine accepting a decision that reinforces the prejudices(dirty Rasta cut your hair)of yesterday,and diminishing even further the inherent rights of a living person.
This doorknob has to wait on the written decision to have an opinion even though that was not crucial to the lawyer representing the family making known his intent to file an appeal.
It is not as if decisions made the Supreme Court have never been overturned.
Which brings me to a parallel issue, did Bricktop wait on the written decision denying Kartel's appeal before coming to the decision that the murderer must now seek 'justice 'from the nice nice Queen of England?
Old August 1st, 2020, 11:12 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

i knew it woudn't be long before the dummy brigade arrived with their victim mentality...instead of constantly playing the victim why don't you dummies educate yourselves...rastafarians have a constitutional protection to attend school with their locks...obviously that isn't the case here now is it...or you think the learned Supreme Court justices are not familiar with t he law? dummydom seems to be contagious
Old August 2nd, 2020, 12:08 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

The school stated that the wearing of dreadlocks was against its policy.

So is there an exception to the policy, do you know that as fact or do you have to await a written....?
Also, isn't the stigma of dreadlocks an extension to that of Rasta?
Is there any Rasta at that school, and is it your opinion the Supreme Court would have ruled in favour of the brilliant little girl if she was a practicing Rasta?

Maybe the mother is of the opinion her child would not have been accepted to begin with....
Old August 2nd, 2020, 12:40 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

you seem a bit confused...go apprise yourself of the particulars leading up to the supreme court case & stop asking stupid questions...i'm not spoonfeeding you dummies anymore...free education done...
Old August 2nd, 2020, 08:08 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Spoonfeeding??
You stated rastafarians have a constitutional protection to attend school with their locks.. , and I am trying to reconcile it with the school's policy forbidding dreadlocks, again is there an exception, and do know as a fact that Rasta is among the student population at that school?
We will get back to the Supreme Court decision afterwards, I am calling you out on YOUR assertion.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 08:19 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

i know you're not too bright...but try and follow along please...the child attended the school as a 5 year old...the next school term she came with locs which is prohibited in school handbook...the parents did not indicate to the school that the locs were for religious purposes...the school told her she couldn't attend with the locs...the family went to the Courts & claimed they were rastafarian and the Court filed an injuction allowing her to attend the school...it came out in the Constitutional Court that they were not rastafarian...you get it now dummy?
Old August 3rd, 2020, 09:16 PM
Reggae 5 Star General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
The school stated that the wearing of dreadlocks was against its policy.

So is there an exception to the policy, do you know that as fact or do you have to await a written....?
Also, isn't the stigma of dreadlocks an extension to that of Rasta?
Is there any Rasta at that school, and is it your opinion the Supreme Court would have ruled in favour of the brilliant little girl if she was a practicing Rasta?

Maybe the mother is of the opinion her child would not have been accepted to begin with....
What is the stated reason for the school's no-dreadlocks policy?
Old August 5th, 2020, 03:24 AM
Reggae 5 Star General

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggaedoc View Post
What is the stated reason for the school's no-dreadlocks policy?
Lice & Junjo LOL. Welcome to 2020 Jamaica. I wonder which party is apprehensive that this judgement sticks to them ? Could be why the leader........ Nah couldnt be, being a bit too cynical there Rudi.
Old August 5th, 2020, 08:33 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
Lice & Junjo LOL. Welcome to 2020 Jamaica. I wonder which party is apprehensive that this judgement sticks to them ? Could be why the leader........ Nah couldnt be, being a bit too cynical there Rudi.
It is noticeable how you eagerly jumped over this .... but now that the written ruling is out you been hiding.
Old August 2nd, 2020, 01:00 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Default This one is easy...

Quote:
Which brings me to a parallel issue, did Bricktop wait on the written decision denying Kartel's appeal before coming to the decision that the murderer must now seek 'justice 'from the nice nice Queen of England?
Diptop supports murderers and assorted criminals. That's well established

So why should the Dummy Deportee make and exception for his fellow Dummy Criminal called Kartel???

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Old August 5th, 2020, 12:38 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Your explanation logically sound.
Old August 5th, 2020, 08:23 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Your explanation logically sound.
D1 is always logical...Well mostly

Some Dummies are merely dumb. But on top of being dumb, Diptop is a potentially dangerous little Dummy.

He's obviously very at ease around murderers.....From Dudus to Kartel....and likely many more killers

As a Shower Posse operative, for Diptop to hang with and support murderers is merely a basic part of the job description. That leads to business "opportunities"

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007