RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What rule did my post about interviewing Simoes violate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What rule did my post about interviewing Simoes violate?

Because I can't find the thread and I want to know if the man dem take it down and if so why?

respect

RE: What rule did my post about interviewing Simoes violate?

damn ... simply amazing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Lazie you see it bout the place? I can't find it and if I find out say a so the man dem a run dem things I might as well leave dem things alone.

However don't want to jump to conclusions. I want to hear what rule I broke and if I was given a warning etc. etc.

You do remember my post from this morning right Lazie?

respect

Comment

of course mi memba it. i did a search for all the posts you've made and it not showing. I guess the ones wid the powah have dem reason. then again, sure a nuh you delete it?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

<DIV>Settle down! That post was perfectly in order in my book. If anyone should want to delete it, it would be me, what with Shatta taking those broad swipes at my head. </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>There must be good explanation for this.</DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>Webmasters, any ideas? I guess someone may have deleted it by mistake?!?! </DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am just coming on and have not seen the post. I am not sure if any other moderator had reason to delete.

Anyway, moderators have been given the latitude to remove any post they feel is not appropriate.

Shatta, questions about deletion of posts too are fair game for moderators to remove from the football forum. In future contact a moderator to ask about the reason a post was deleted.
            "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

okay Tilla fair enough but can I add this

How do I know which moderator to contact in regards to post being deleted? Is there a moderator contact on the forum(haven't gone over the entire forum yet) and how can a post asking what happened to my post be fair game?

I mean I know its a private forum so why don't we just come out and say look if you post get deleted suck it up and move on.

If my post was "mistakenly" deleted(don't know how the deletion process goes so can't argue with that) then shouldn't it be able to "mistakenly" put back up?

Brethrin I hardly post here anymore and I recalled Assassin, Me, Lazie and OJ on the thread.

The man dem have to remember that this thing is a two way street and to remember that even though as mods the man dem have power and exists to maintain some form of order at the same time the posters need to feel like they are welcomed.

You know what forget about it. No worry bout it everything cool.

respect to all the moderators and forumites

bye

Comment

Shatta: Email can be sent to any moderator by clicking the email iconinside one of their posts, or look for the members' list and click the email icon beside their name. You can also use personal messaging (PM) if you see them online. PM tends to get attention faster as they do not have to leave the forum to check it and it pops up a message saying they have message almost instantly that it is sent.

Anyway boss, nuh get vex as not everyone is here to answer your question. We are not all sitting in the same location and can call to the next person to get an answer as to why etc. Any finding out of this would take some time. Moreover, mistakes can be made as the system is still new and we are all just getting used to it.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Jah know I am disappointed, I can see no reason your post disappear.

I think there is too much control on this forum. I hope it is not a matter of only some people views are valid or we will end up losing more posters.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Assassin (8/25/2006)Jah know I am disappointed, I can see no reason your post disappear.

I think there is too much control on this forum. I hope it is not a matter of only some people views are valid or we will end up losing more posters.
                    Assassin: Let us not beat a dead horse over this. I have had discussions with Shatta on my way from work and all is well. I did not see the post and I am not sure why it was deleted. We are both dissapointed that it was deleted, but Shatta has decided to rise above this and come again.

Yes, we make decisions for various reasons. The previous board and the free for-for-all-anything-goes was turning away many people. Apart from the handful of faithfuls who would still come no matter what, we were not having a chance to really grow.

The board is about promoting Jamaica's football and a place for fans to meet. If we have no rules then we basically open ourselves to turning away not only forumites but our advertisers as well. We have had to make a decision as to do we set rules and regulations at the expense of turning away some of the die-hard faithfuls who have come to know and love the free-for-all from our inception? Well, if it means growing the RBSC product and attracting the advertisers who keep this site going, then by all means make the change.

The true Jamaica football fan will adjust to the new requirements and return. We cannot cater to everybody, but we have to do what we think will keep this site going.

Comment

Shatta Cleve (8/25/2006)Because I can't find the thread and I want to know if the man dem take it down and if so why?

respect
                      Shatta:

You have to remember...and, all of us have to remember that these things 'discussion forums'/computer related things...are designed by man. Where am I going? - Mosiah, Tilla say they did not delete the post &amp; I sure as hell did not. I cannot say with absolute certainty that gammadid not...but, put it this way, if my life was on the line and I had to make a selection where gamma did or did not to continue living, I would stake my life on he did not remove the post.

...could it therefore be the post disappeared jus suh?

RESPEK to one and all!

PEACE OUT!
                      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Karl: I have had time to rethink and I am almost certain that I am the one who inadvertently deleted Shatta's post. I was at work and went in and saw a post I thought should be deleted, which I did. I left my computer and came back later to see that the same post I thought I had deleted was still there. My first thought was that the poster reposted although I had deleted the first. I went in a second time and did the delete again. Later I heard Shatta's question about the missing thread. It would seem as if when I did my first delete, I checked the box beside the wrong post. Once you delete a post you cannot bring it back.

We will need to be extra cautious in performing these tasks, as the setup makes it easy for you to select the wrong post at times.

Anyway, I have talked this over with both Shatta and Assassin and both understand and have moved on. This is why this post was closed. If you noticed Mr. Moderator, the post had a padlock beside it. Only you as moderator can respond to a closed post. The intention was that now we got a grasp on the situation, we should no longer beat the dead horse.

Anyway, thanks for your input and this post will be closed once more.

Comment

Working...
                        X