Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums

Go Back   Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Schools Sports Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Schools Sports Forum Forum for the discussion of sports among schools.

Old January 20th, 2016, 10:02 AM

Joss Stone retire?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Old January 22nd, 2016, 09:35 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Joss Stone can DJ?
Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Old January 22nd, 2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangle View Post
Joss Stone can DJ?
Why not?

Yuh did know she a di baddest reggae artiste inna di werl?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Old January 23rd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

PM commissions new Calabar track with race of her own

BY SHERDON COWAN Observer staff reporter cowans@jamaicaobserver.com

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Print this page Email A Friend!

Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller (second left) participates in a race against former Prime Minister PJ Patterson (centre); Minister with responsibility for sport in the Office of the Prime Minister, Natalie Neita-Headley (second right); Karl Johnson (left), chairman of Calabar High School and Vincent Lawrence, chair of Complex Implementation team to mark the official opening of the new synthetic track at Calabar High yesterday. (Photo: Bryan Cummings)

The new 400m synthetic track of Calabar High, which has won the ISSA Boys’ Athletic Championships for the last four years, was officially opened at the Red Hills Road-based campus yesterday.

The track, which is the pet project of minister with responsibility for sport, Natalie Neita-Headley, is the first to be laid in a high school in Jamaica, and by extension, the English-speaking Caribbean.
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...at-C-Bar_49522
Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Old January 23rd, 2016, 10:28 AM

If I didn't see it on the news myself I would think this must be a joke. Two prime ministers, the sports minister, the JAAA president, Lindy Delapenha, and I believe I saw Elvis in the background - all were in attendance for what clearly is a big deal. "The only synthetic track at the high school level in the English-speaking Caribbean".

So, Minister Headley admits that the name of the sponsor is the High School Sports Infrastructure Improvement Project, not to be mistaken with the Science Laboratories Improvement Project.

I am expecting the next big investment in our high schools will be in the form of an "entertainment system", something that would allow our youngsters to train for Dancing Dynamite and Magnum Kings & Queens.

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Old January 23rd, 2016, 11:22 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosiah View Post
If I didn't see it on the news myself I would think this must be a joke. Two prime ministers, the sports minister, the JAAA president, Lindy Delapenha, and I believe I saw Elvis in the background - all were in attendance for what clearly is a big deal. "The only synthetic track at the high school level in the English-speaking Caribbean".

So, Minister Headley admits that the name of the sponsor is the High School Sports Infrastructure Improvement Project, not to be mistaken with the Science Laboratories Improvement Project.

I am expecting the next big investment in our high schools will be in the form of an "entertainment system", something that would allow our youngsters to train for Dancing Dynamite and Magnum Kings & Queens.
Wi nuh need nuh more proof seh Portia & di Termites dem ah eediat....

BTW...My guesstimate that the track cost about US$600K was absolutely correct....

Yet anedda D1 prognostication come to pass

Caribbean National Robotics Champs - Not a useless Schools Quiz - A School Technology Challenge
Project TEAM Works - Creating Jamaica's 21st Century Workforce
Old January 23rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:

Hey that's a pretty good idea.....build some recording studios in schools.
Old January 30th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Meanwhile Eastern Champs is cancelled due to inadequate sponsorship.

https://carolebeckford.wordpress.com...-the-calendar/

Athletes from about 25 high schools in the east now will have no major track event this season.

As Kabaka Pyramid says,

Last edited by Islandman : January 30th, 2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old January 30th, 2016, 06:03 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
Meanwhile Eastern Champs is cancelled due to inadequate sponsorship.

https://carolebeckford.wordpress.com...-the-calendar/

Athletes from about 25 high schools in the east now will have no major track event this season.

As Kabaka Pyramid says,
dat sucks...

Caribbean National Robotics Champs - Not a useless Schools Quiz - A School Technology Challenge
Old January 31st, 2016, 07:37 PM

Has this ever happened?

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Old January 31st, 2016, 08:42 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Probably not, and certainly not since the early 70s.

Disgraceful really, that between the schools and ISSA they could not find a way to stage even an abbreviated version of the meet.
Old February 1st, 2016, 08:45 AM

Yes, that's not good.

I tell you what would have made more sense - for the highly touted High Schools Sports Infrastructure Improvement Program (HSSIIP from hereon) to have given Morant Bay High a synthetic track so that the eastern schools could have something to familiarise themselves with.

The first time I ran on a "Chevron" was when I went to Boys Champs. There is clearly a certain style of running on the surface. The rubberised surface is less forgiving. Grass does not knick your spikes as the rubber surface tends to do.

Mind you, that did not stop me from winning silver medal in the hurdles event.

(I always find a way to get that in, don't? )

BLACK LIVES MATTER
Old February 1st, 2016, 02:54 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Mind you, that did not stop me from winning silver medal in the hurdles event.

(I always find a way to get that in, don't? )
We are subjected to your words (without proof) day een, day out.
Old June 16th, 2019, 07:00 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Calabar High Has Made The News Again- Find Out Why?

Clouded in recent bad press, one would be led to believe that things are dire at Calabar High School.

The Red Hills Road based school, despite its recent bad press is on the path of significant growth. Based on the 2018 CSEC results, 73.3% of students (7.33 out of every 10) are leaving the school having achieved 5 or more CSEC subject including Mathematics and/or English. The school’s academic growth performance has been phenomenal, suggesting that the school’s administration has been more focused on academics despite what may be portrayed by the recent press or social media.

2016 saw 53% of boys leaving with 5 or more subjects (including Mathematics and/or English) and 2017 saw 64% of the boys leaving with 5 or more subjects (including Mathematics and/or English). Today they are at 73.3%.

The rate of annual improvement is in excess of 10% and if Calabar High was on the stock market, it would be the best performing stock. The 2019 sitting, is expected to break the 80% barrier (based on current trajectory) putting it ahead of Jamaica College, St George’s College and Kingston College.

The turn around the school is experiencing is no surprise to the school’s administration. The Chairman, Mr. Johnson and Principal Mr. Corcho, along with other members of the senior leadership team designed a comprehensive strategic development plan aimed at achieving what we are currently seeing.

The school is very disappointed at the recent events that marred its name, however, the school’s administration maintains its focus and declares the utmost for the highest.

http://educatejamaica.org/news-detai...ne+15+2019-542
Old June 25th, 2019, 05:09 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Really?

looking at latest 2018 "rankings" I see Wolmers at 10 with 94.8%
Munro at 20 with 89.7%, StGC at 85% (24), KC at 82.6% (27), JC at 69.7% (33) and CBar at 62.4% (39).

To make future forecasts with such precision as the article above tries to do is foolhardy.
Old June 25th, 2019, 06:40 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

https://apps.newmediastudios.net/med...88164fff63.pdf
Old June 25th, 2019, 10:55 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

The article was posted to highlight the improvements in a follow up to the earlier posts in 2016 about Calabar's priorities. That said, I believe this school ranking list is a was of time and counter productive. Contrary to what Don1 may think, I agree with him about our need to change our educational system and curriculum and gear our children towards today's modern day technological demands.
Old June 25th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jangle View Post
Contrary to what Don1 may think, I agree with him about our need to change our educational system and curriculum and gear our children towards today's modern day technological demands.
While it’s possible that you may see some value in a reorientation towards science and technology I doubt that we’re in agreement on that matter. One merely has to observe the overwhelming majority of your posts to realize that.

To say nothing of your bizarre proposal to devote an entire parish to a pu$$y bazaar. Nope we’re not on the same page mi yute

Old June 26th, 2019, 08:45 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Yuh caan gi di man a bly,even Trevor Munroe flipped.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Old June 26th, 2019, 10:40 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir X View Post
Yuh caan gi di man a bly,even Trevor Munroe flipped.
As the Bible says - A bly followeth repentance not vice versa

Old June 28th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Reggae Prime Minister

Former PM breaks ground for new gateway to be built at alma mater

The project is part of a wider initiative to improve and modernise the infrastructure of the 67-year-old compound.

Initiatives already undertaken include an upgrade of the school’s physics, chemistry and robotics laboratories; installation of a modern sports complex; and implementation of full Internet connectivity across the compound. He noted that, in addition to improving the aesthetics of the compound, the new gateway would also provide increased security.

Fundraising for the project was spearheaded by Patterson with support from old boys in Jamaica and the diaspora.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...ting-former-pm