No announcement yet.

Can someone please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saying "camed" is not speaking patois, it's bad grammar...

Comment

Agree with you 100% Pete.

Comment

reminds me of this prominent lady who was being rebuked by her equally prominent friend for not acknowledging her when she entered the establishment, the first lady retorted " didn't you see when I wove to you"
        but nobody was the wiser as to her improper use of english

Comment

is 'thunk' a word... as in, 'who would have thunk it'...
          'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

How about Tambrick, is that bad grammar?

Comment

No but when used in that phrase which is known as a colloquialism it is acceptable in most informal situations.Its all about context.

Portia obviously knows camed is not a word. She probably just had a slip of tongue and her reputation has caused people to make a bigger issue out of it than it is.

Kind of like how Obama can say US has 54 states and it is largely ignored because we know the man have sense. If Palin say it then you haffe wonder if she really think is 54 states.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                ... she was suppose to be speaking proper english.
                A Freudian Slip Mr Lazie... were you suppose (LOL) to be writing proper English?
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  The headmaster who says "aften" may not be an idiot but when his students write "aften" and they lose marks for poor spelling what does that make him?
                  A student leader perhaps?

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    Saying "camed" is not speaking patois, it's bad grammar...
                    Wrong again...It's bad pronunciation

...aah bwoy what a task

Comment

Originally posted by 1of1 View Post
                      reminds me of this prominent lady who was being rebuked by her equally prominent friend for not acknowledging her when she entered the establishment, the first lady retorted " didn't you see when I wove to you"
                      but nobody was the wiser as to her improper use of english
                      Not necessarily improper....the past tense of weave ah nuh wove??

mebbe she did ah shake her fake locks ah di nex lady

Comment

lol

Comment

debt relief

this is a really interesting website. glad to be a part of it! can you check out my website when you get a chance? Debt relief company

Comment

noh sah dem one yah woulda neva dare innna weave

Comment

Asinine post by Lazie. Surprise!

I have heard the PM and Minister of Education much up the English language too. Did I see Lazie comment on that?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But he accuses me of majoring in the minor when I made the post about the relative ages of the candidates in both the PNP and JLP
                                Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
                                Che Guevara.

Comment

Working...
                                X