Reggae Boyz Pull Out 1-0 Win on Jorginho James Late Goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggae Boyz Pull Out 1-0 Win on Jorginho James Late Goal

Jorginho James scored on a spectacular volley (according to the announcers) in the 85th minute for a 1-0 win.

Jamaica stepped up its play significantly in the second half.

Published: Wednesday February 22, 2012 | 8:02 pm 0 Comments

Debutant, Jamaica's Jorginho James of Kingston College scores the winning goal. - Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer.

this pic says it all...

Jamaica beat Cuba 1-0

Melton Williams, Gleaner Writer

The Reggae Boyz
    got their preparation for their upcoming 2014 World Cup Qualifying campaign off to a good start by defeating Cuba 1-nil in the first-match of their two-game friendly internationals at the National Stadium tonight.

Debutant Jorginho James of Kingston College scored the lone goal five minutes from the end.

He scored just three minutes after he was introduced into the game.

It was Jamaica’s first victory in their last five international friendly games.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/latest/article.php?id=35442
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      Ricardo Makyn/Staff Photographer.
      Ricardo, ask fi a raise now! Mi dun talk!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

A wikkid picture. Mosiah, did you see the game? I respect only your analysis of our games.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Yes, I was one of those who had to suffer through a most pedestrian game. If you thought we used to pass ball round in defence before, you ain't seen nothin' yet!

A decent crowd showed up to get a glimpse of what our 2014 campaign would look like, and most left rather disappointed. I thought there might be boos when the last whistle sounded, but maybe we didn't even have the strength for that. Independence Park ground crew may have had to wake some up when they were cleaning up!

For long minutes, no one could attempt, much less complete a forward pass, apart from You-Know-Who. And not even his passes were on point as they normally are. The other players looked scared to make mistakes and played with a caution that bored us all to death.

When we did come forward, we either tripped over the ball (or the grass root, hard to to tell from where I sat) or our crosses were well challenged by the Cuban defenders or the goalkeeper.

Some of us sprang to life when, yes, you guessed it, Maestro, from deep in his own half, landed a perfect pass to Navion Boyd, who did ok with his shot but the rebound fell harmlessly to the opposition.

Richard Edwards has little use as a right back. He would have been more effective in his familiar central midfield position, Bigga Thompson was just too deep, played too defensive and did mighty little to try and spring forward.

Senior was his usual busy self, but I am not sure what his overall effectiveness was. Yes, some persons I went with did say he was Jamaica's best player. Actually, only one of them said that!

What was clear was that Maestro passed this test. The game was not played at pace, but that was not his fault. And when he was being substituted you could hear the crowd's displeasure. Simple fact - few of our places have the skill, confidence and creativity to come forward, not to mention create scoring chances out of nothing! But the naysayers will not be quieted easily.

Ryan Johnson...well, he was Ryan Johnson. Navion Boyd...just not sure in what direction his development is going at the moment.

Thank goodness Cuba looks like a really weak team!

i could say more but that's my report for now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thank you. Having a creative playmaker and our speed of play has always been our downfall, especially with our local players. To also compound our problem, the right mix of players in the starting eleven has always been questionable. Case in point is Ricardo Fuller and Jermaine Hue. Fuller has always been berated for not performing when he puts on the Jamaican jersey. The problem that I see is that when he played for us in the past, he never had any creative midfielders to supply him with the good balls so he always had to play too deep or go out on the wings, to collect his balls. In addition, he would be the creative spark up front and supply the final ball to the less talented Luton Shelton. Jermaine Hue's problem is the reverse. He can only make that telling pass to players who move into space behind the defense. Jamaican players, especially the local ones, are very static and wait on the ball to come to their feet before they start running. Hue is an exceptional midfielder who is head and shoulders above his local counterparts, so if you have him playing in the middle with a local forward line who is used to waiting on the ball before they start running, then he will look very ordinary. Vice-versa Fuller.
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jermaine Hue's problem is the reverse. He can only make that telling pass to players who move into space behind the defense

one issue, the creative midfielder also finds the SPACE in which to play the ball so that his player can run on to it and that is just as important.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you nuh hear that we want ugly wins? LOL.

That is what happen when we give the locals a run once in while and them afraid of losing. More game build more confidence or at least that is what I hope.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

and squeeze one and two goal himself.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

true, but that player has to be on the same wave-length. If this is not practised in the training sessions, then you will not see it in a game. That's why we need more of these games against lesser teams. Simoes' formula is still relevant today.

Comment

Thanks.
                      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

sometimes you can "lead" them ....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

yuh mean this .... "A confident player is a good player and a good player is a confident player"

Comment

you see it. First you have to believe.

Comment

It's nice that they won, but this is not the team for the 2012 WC qualifiers.

I am still waiting for Tappa to give all those Euro-based players a look.

Comment

Working...
                              X