Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums

Go Back   Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > ReggaeboyzSC.com Forum.
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ReggaeboyzSC.com Forum. Forum for general discussions on Jamaica and world football. Non-football posts will either be moved to the correct forum or be deleted.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 5th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Reggae Junior

Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosiah View Post
I'm honoured to say I know Miguel Coley. I met him when he coached Barbican FC, he probably still does. And from there I watched his Norman Manley High School take on Excelsior one afternoon.

If you like a coach that doesn't throw tantrums on the sidelines, as many here have commented in the past, then you'll like Coley. He has a very calm demeanour, almost to the point of too calm for some people.

Coley's understanding of the game seems sound, if I may say di myself. He gives thoughtful answers about players when asked as I have had to in recent times. And, for the Historians among us, you won't cringe when he speaks. I happen to be one of those people who would rather hear straight patois than screwed-up English. I recall VCB's earlier days!

There have been some coaches, like Donovan Duckie, who have publicly expressed their disappointment in not being selected. I personally believe Duckie is at least among the top 3 coaches in the country but his personality - arrogance, nomadic habits - may have been factors why he's on the sidelines. He's too good to be on the sidelines, so hopefully he'll have an attitude adjustment.

In the meantime, let's all give Miguel Coley our support.
From what I hear he is a good man and is willing to move forward in the game where others think they are the only answer and are stuck in their knowledge (which is very little about modern football). Arrogance has no place in Jamaican football. The game is always changing and the coaches/leaders must want to change along with it. You must willing to recognize these changes and want to be passionate about doing it right. Meekness is not weakness........it's actually assured strength. Sound like Coley has this. This is problem we have at the school and senior levels. A change in football education is desperately needed to teach and 'change' our coaches how we are perceived by the public and players. This is called football with integrity and badly needed. Lets hope this can happen in the days ahead led by the German in the land we love.