X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clinton: The Post Mortem

1)
    Hillary Clinton just couldn't
    hold onto the Obama coalition. And that proved to be a large part of her undoing.

African-American, Latino and younger voters failed to show up at the polls in sufficient numbers Tuesday to propel Clinton into the White House.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politi...-white-voters/

2)
    The fact that Trump
    outperformed Mitt Romney’s performance with Hispanics and (slightly) African-Americans, in exit polls at least.

The fact that she didn’t excite millennials as Barack Obama had (Trump’s percentage with them matched Romney’s in exit polls, so maybe they were still Feeling the Bern and went third party).

3)
    In the end,
    Hillary Clinton became the face of a corrupt, arrogant and out-of-touch Establishment, while Donald Trump emerged as an almost perfectly imperfect vessel for a populist fury that had bubbled beneath the surface of America.

There is clearly much to fear from a Trump presidency, especially coupled with continued Republican control of Congress. Trump and many Republicans have denied the reality of climate change; they favor more tax cuts for the rich; they want to deregulate Wall Street and other powerful industries – all policies that helped create the current mess that the United States and much of the world are now in.

https://consortiumnews.com/2016/11/0...-clinton-lost/

4)
    both states showed this same pattern
    for Clinton: big losses in rural areas, compared to 2008, with little or no gain in cities to offset it. Of the approximately 5,500 precincts between the two states, over 1,000 saw the Republican vote share increase by more than 10 points from 2008. Mere dozens saw a similar shift in favor of Democrats. This, and all other results we include here, are preliminary, and in the case of precinct-level data, only reflect in-person Election Day votes.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...cinct-results/

Murder she wrote,glad its over.Mi done wid politricks.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

The other story is why pollsters got the black and latino polls so wrong ,as I always believed - they estimate our support.Its the hardest polling block to poll,not to stereo type any group but as a healthcare worker who have to run hospital survey @ times.They live by cell phones that change constantly (not landlines ),dont like to be polled( dont trust em) ,dont answer written survey ( for trust and housing issues ).

What I am getting at is they estimated that we would turn out in droves for HRC, we turned out for Bernie - via the hip hop vote.HRC had to beg for that vote.

Can you feel the burn.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      [B]

Murder she wrote,glad its over.Mi done wid politricks.
      Yup. A few years ago I put down Jamaican politrix. After tonight I will ween myself off The Rachel Maddows Show and MSNBC.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Heard one of the Wall Street Journal pollsters today saying that it has become more and more difficult to get responses to polls, partly because of all the things you say (cell phones, caller id, etc) but he also thinks there are so many people polling now people are poll fatigued.

The blue collar rural white voter that supports Trump is probably just as untrusting as minorities about things like polls, especially from the media.Perhaps they were represented inaccurately for that reason as well.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I havent turned on the TV from mawning,it dutty bad ,mi juss hurt over Obama legacy,Jah Know.....aaaah sah.

Giuliani time.

Comment

The only post mortem that makes sense to me is that [white folks] came out is droves...specially those who would not normally participate in elections.
            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Good it suits your paradigm,lets see it happen 4 years from now with a different candidate.

The demographics dont add up to this theory that unknown whites are going to pop out of the woods and grave to vote.More like lack of minority / white liberal enthusiasm.( Obama coalition),will lead to a Victory with a candidate with high negatives.

Comment

But Obama coalition is based on a certain split in the white vote.

Clinton lost non college educated whites much worse than Obama did (who would have thought), and she didn't make it up with college educated whites. That really was her problem and its why she lost in the formerly blue states where those voters are a larger percentage.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

She also lost Latinos and blacks much worse than Obama,Put it like this if 2 states with a heavy minority population met the Obama coalition levels,she would have won,pick any 2.

I pick Florida and PA.

Comment

Well I mean she got 88% black vote, she really wanted more?. Yes Obama got 92-95% but Obama is Obama.

Comment

Given the stakes,she should have gotten equal or more , of both black,esp Latino votes,maybe I am expecting too much.

Comment

The Latino I agree with, looks like she did much better with them in the Border States.

As Gamma pointed out, Puerto Ricans and Cubans don't identify with the immigration issue as much and that is who dominates Florida Latinos.

It is tempting at times to oversimplify groups when they are more complex than it appears. For example lots of black people work in Detroit and Ohio manufacturing and have watched it die a slow death, why wouldn't Trump pick off some of them with his trade and anti-Mexico message. People always look out for their self-interest when pressure reach them.

Comment

The legacy ( I thought people would buy into protecting it) ,I guess it couldn't overcome Clinton establishment persona,her campaign was dull,flat uninspiring.If it wasn't for Bernie asking her questions in the primaries it could have been worse.

I believe the Bern's made it closer than it really is,the post mortem is still ongoing probably in another 2 months we will really see how much apathy the electorate had for her.I personally didn't feel her vibes,i clashed with mum and pops about her.

I truly felt the Bern.

Comment

The Legacy: Let the destruction begin

Obama faces sharp repudiation and a legacy nightmare

http://flip.it/MMSKNz

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                              Heard one of the Wall Street Journal pollsters today saying that it has become more and more difficult to get responses to polls, partly because of all the things you say (cell phones, caller id, etc) but he also thinks there are so many people polling now people are poll fatigued.

The blue collar rural white voter that supports Trump is probably just as untrusting as minorities about things like polls, especially from the media.Perhaps they were represented inaccurately for that reason as well.
                              These poll and academic geniuses convince themselves that they already corrected for variables and uncertainty . Just look at how dismissive Wang was of Silver a couple days ago when Silver himself realize that they weren't accounting for all the uncertainty.

If you followed the people, it wouldn't be such a shock.

Comment

Working...
                              X