No announcement yet.

Obama: Worst Modern President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was not naive, Obama is no fool. He was selling a lot of things that he could not reasonably deliver on. Politicians do it all the time in campaigns.

Obama has not done a horrible job in my view. What happened is that the expectations were ridiculously high and now 6 years in they have not been met. He rode that wave to help himself get elected and now it is causing him backlash. It is that simple.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I don't think Obama himself will have a major negative impact He just won't help much either.

ObamaCARE is looking like much more of a drag. It is very sad.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...s-like-at-all/
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well you know i have an issue with polls, i see this poll as hype to sell a story, dont believe it,he will go down as one of the greatest presidents after retirement,history will be kind to him.
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Well if that is to happen he would have to turn it around in the next 2 years. Presidents don't leave office with rockbottom approval ratings and then later on become considered great presidents. I agree that history will be kinder to him though.

The unpopularity of Obamacare is the biggest disappointment for me. I thought it would have been hugely successful AND popular. Turns out it is neither, at least up to this point.

Comment

Ahhh sah Island mi brethren ,me and you go through diss last election,hint dont believe the hype,no way those polls are correct, pretty sure its going to come out ...manipulated...but why are they so easily manipulated and sold as fact.

Obamacare is a hit,even in the long island.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

x... quinnipiac polls are usually right leaning just a tad left of rasmussen which is a conservative poll... they usually have an agenda... i wouldn't put much stock in this poll...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

But hold on... the polls were correct last election, you forget? The polls is what Nate Silver used and he got every state right! Some individual polls like Gallup were off but as an aggregate they were pretty accurate.

Obamacare is in no way a hit. It might be, should be one day but for now it is a political burden. No Democrat in a competitive race campaigns on Obamacare, that in itself tells you a story.

Comment

The poll I quoted about Obamacare is Washington Post/ABC poll, doesn't get more left leaning than that.

Comment

Surprised Island leans so much on it ,Obama care a dissapointment based on what , a poll ?.....these pollsters played a big part in the disinformation/hype war against Obama last election, why would anyone believe they found redemption.

They had Romney winning Florida by 7 points a week before the election.

Comment

Wha yuh a try spin brethren....now yuh a reference Nate , when it was ramssauen and quinnapic, and lord knows what else....yuh figet mi gi yuh Wang.

Comment

I don't care much for Quinnepac specifically. I do look at the overall trend.

What is significant is that EVERY poll has Obama with poor approval ratings rivalling GW Bush. NONE have him with an approval rating that is anything near satisfactory.

You can choose to ignore them all of course. What your professor bredren saying bout Obamas approval ratings these days.

Comment

Ah yes that is the guy. What Wang saying bout Obama approval rating these days?

Comment

Honestly havent checked Wang in awhile and i dont see the hostility in the island like i use to,more grudging acceptance by the older heads and split enthuthiastic acceptance by the young heads...split.

Comment

Well Obama already has his 2 terms locked in, they might as well accept that.
                              Plus its not like the Republicans have much to offer anyway.

Last I remember Wang was saying the Senate will be a hard fought battle, but too early to say which way it will go. Nate was about the same, though giving GOP the edge. If the economy continues to improve that could shift slowly towards the Dems as we get to November.

My main point though is that if Obamacare was really a hit, EVERY Democrat who voted for it would be bigging it up in their campaign ads. That is just not happening so far.

Comment

Watch President Obama’s approval ratings. The president is currently at about 5 percent net disapproval (approval minus disapproval) in the HuffPollster average. This is an improvement from November, during the early rollout of HealthCare.gov. If Obama’s numbers continue to improve, the chances for Democrats to keep control of the Senate improve as well. If his numbers get worse, a GOP takeover will become more likely.
                                So after all that, what have we learned? In the end, it is near certain that the Senate will be more closely divided in 2015 than it is now. Assuming neither party has a massive meltdown, I would not be surprised to see a 49-51 split in one direction or the other. Vice President Joseph Biden might end up with plenty of tie-breaking work to do.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...#ixzz36Mg0zLyh

Sam Wang

Comment

Working...
                                X