1.7 million visitors in four months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.7 million visitors in four months

KINGSTON, Jamaica β€” Minister of Tourism, Edmund Bartlett, says Jamaica experienced the best winter season in its history, welcoming, in the first four months of the year, 1.7 million visitors, who spent US$1.25 billion.

β€œIn the first four months of the year, we have had double-digit growth every single month from January to April 30,” he said.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...s?profile=1228
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Outstanding!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Trying to book for the summer family vacation and can't find enough rooms right now. Everything is booked up from Negril to Ochi.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Hmmm.

Was hoping to to visit in August. Have not looked, but will do so later today.

Btw, tourism in Jamaica is overrated.

HL

Comment

yup....I'm going down to spend my likkle money on some trinkets and to be served by butlers and to chauffeur-driven by lowly taxi drivers

Comment

Wait till the new park build a Mobay a dump up beach an performance center and good clean free beaches inna every parish. Wait till Port Royal come on stream. Mi nuh see nuh movement a Portland yet but hope it a come. We just want more training and more goods bought a yard. Anybody who work inna tourism now even the trinket sellers them soon qualified fi pension by the end of this year, even if they retire then. Houses a build for hotel workers now, money from the TEF fund and NHT.

Gwaaan Bartlett.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
              Hmmm.

Curious how you reach that conclusion. Not debating your conclusion .... just askin'.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Curious how you reach that conclusion. Not debating your conclusion .... just askin'.
                Sarcasm Mr. President

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  Sarcasm Mr. President
                  Oh ... really ... dah one deh went right over my head.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Oh ... really ... dah one deh went right over my head.
                    C'mon now Mr. President. You should know me better dan dat by dis.

Jangle complimented my sarcasm wonderfully.

Shocked that you did not get it.

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                      Hmmm.

Was hoping to to visit in August. Have not looked, but will do so later today.

Yep. Totally

Comment

So all these years tourism never do that for the nation,its going to do it now, a wha dis bredda deh pan, a) ganja b) coke or c) heroin ?

Heroin mi say.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Bird can't fly pon one wing. God forbid if ye never have tourism.

Our nation has been sufferring from the lack of leadership, not the tourism. We have bauxite, music and a lot more, what has it gotten us? yet you willing to blame tourism. Simply ask more of our leaders in all department. tourism is holding its own right now.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Not blaming tourism, I asked you a question, all these years we have been depending on tourism (Not NOW AS YOU CLAIM TO BE HOLDING US UP),it hasnt moved the needle,why do you expect it to move it NOW ?

The same worthless leaders or system i.e proce$$ that you love still is in place.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

our current tourism leadership is way above anything else we have had in the pass. Tourism linkage get local business to sell to the industry including farmers, Air B&B allow more local people to get direct dollars, pension for tourism worker take people of the poor list after they retire, loan from TEF for small business who deal with tourism at 4 percent, the numbers doesn't lie. Money from TEF going towards building houses for tourism workers. Promoting local industries like the "pudding man" (Go and read about him if you don't know). All need to be done is get Port Royal, Kingston and Portland online.

Comment

Working...
                              X