Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums
        

Go Back   Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums > The Everything Jamaica Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Everything Jamaica Forum This forum is for topics Jamaican or international/world issues which members may have an interest in discussing.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old October 25th, 2019, 06:19 AM
Jangle Jangle is online now
Reggae Prime Minister
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17,983
Default ‘Coronation Market’ concept for Lakes Pen venture

Gassan Azan, the businessman behind the planned $11-billion Lakes Pen agricultural project, wants to integrate a farmer’s market in the venture as a retail hub that would replicate Coronation Market in downtown Kingston.

Azan has already earmarked 75 per cent of the 100 acres he has acquired from the Government to greenhouses, orchards and open fields for the farming operation. The remaining 25 per cent of the land could be utilised for a processing facility and, possibly, a farmers’ market for the buying and selling of fruits and vegetables produced on the lands.

“Right now, a lot of people in Kingston go to the Coronation Market every week to shop. It’s filthy, it’s unhygienic, it’s unsafe, etc, etc … so if we could create a market out in Lakes Pen, where we have the best available agro-produce in Jamaica, I think that we could get a lot of people to come and shop there,” the businessman said.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...es-pen-venture
__________________
Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Reply With Quote
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©1999-2012 Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club, Inc.