No What If Analysis was done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No What If Analysis was done?

Amazing!! A gov't with all the experience in the world had no contingency plans in place for the $ reaching $71 nor the spike in oil prices? Yet there are some clowns talking as if its the end of the world when the course was changed in Sept?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Amazing!! A gov't with all the experience in the world had no contingency plans in place for the $ reaching $71 nor the spike in oil prices? Yet there are some clowns talking as if its the end of the world when the course was changed in Sept?
    So who's budget was prepared with a J$70+ = U$1.00?
    Who had taken that position of preparing for such an eventuality?

...as to oil attaining a $100 a barrel price?
    Was it Omar Davis and the JLP who was villified by the JLP for emphasising NIR extraordinary efforts at increases to protect the country from foreign exchange shortages? ...a move to protect angainst any possible contingency needs - natural disasters, movement in 'world prices', etc?

Let me ask you two direct question:
    1. Did you on this site call Omar a fool and or worst Finance Minister ever?

2. If you answer "YES!" ...to the above, did you also think Omar and the PNP were fools to do both mentioned above - i.e. create largest NIR ever...and, worked at doing that as buffer against natural disasters and external world price movements?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

What was the $$$ at when the PNP left office? what was it at the begining of the year?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

What was the NIR when Davis left office and what was it in January?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          So who's budget was prepared with a J$70+ = U$1.00?
          Who had taken that position of preparing for such an eventuality?

...as to oil attaining a $100 a barrel price?
          Was it Omar Davis and the JLP who was villified by the JLP for emphasising NIR extraordinary efforts at increases to protect the country from foreign exchange shortages? ...a move to protect angainst any possible contingency needs - natural disasters, movement in 'world prices', etc?

Let me ask you two direct question:
          1. Did you on this site call Omar a fool and or worst Finance Minister ever?

2. If you answer "YES!" ...to the above, did you also think Omar and the PNP were fools to do both mentioned above - i.e. create largest NIR ever...and, worked at doing that as buffer against natural disasters and external world price movements?
          Omar is a damn fool, and you're an even bigger one to try and portray him in a different manner.

You think thats what the NIR was for? As I said, bigger fool.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            What was the $$$ at when the PNP left office? what was it at the begining of the year?
            You tell me?
            ...and, while you are at it do not forget to mention -
            -- when Omar and his assistants prepared his forecast of the dollar that Bruce poured scorn on;
            -- and the exact exchange rate Bruce said Omar had used?
            Thank you!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              You tell me?
              ...and, while you are at it do not forget to mention -
              -- when Omar and his assistants prepared his forecast of the dollar that Bruce poured scorn on;
              -- and the exact exchange rate Bruce said Omar had used?
              Thank you!
              ... and that is your defense for no contingency plan? Bruce didn't pour scorn on anything, stop telling lies. After Omar, Portia and other idiots from within the PNP top brass were going around blaming the JLP for the move in the $, Bruce had to make it known that it was what they had projected for.

Comment

Exchange Rates 2000-2006 Year</B> J$:US$1Change ($)Change (%)Dec 200045.53-3.879.3%Dec 200147.40-1.874.1%Dec 200250.97-3.577.5%Dec 200360.62-9.6518.9%Dec 200461.63-1.011.7%Dec 200564.58-2.954.8%Dec 20 200667.02-2.44

Now tell me where have you been?

Jamaican dollar slide contained... Depreciates 4% to $67 against the US dollar
                published: Friday | December 22, 2006

Taken from the Jamaican Gleaner.

The $$$$ move by $1 in one 3 month and you a talk? where were you Karl?

Comment

Exchange Rates 2000-2006 Year</B> J$:US$1Change ($)Change (%)Dec 200045.53-3.879.3%, Dec 200147.40-1.874.1%, Dec 200250.97-3.577.5%, Dec 200360.62-9.6518.9%,Dec 200461.63-1.011.7%, Dec 200564.58-2.954.8%, Dec 20 200667.02-2.443.8%,

Comment

Exchange Rates 2000-2006 Year</B> J$:US$1Change ($)Change (%)Dec 200045.53-3.879.3%Dec 200147.40-1.874.1%Dec 200250.97-3.577.5%Dec 200360.62-9.6518.9%Dec 200461.63-1.011.7%Dec 200564.58-2.954.8%Dec 20 200667.02-2.44

Now tell me where have you been?

Jamaican dollar slide contained... Depreciates 4% to $67 against the US dollar
                    published: Friday | December 22, 2006

Taken from the Jamaican Gleaner.

The $$$$ move by $1 in one 3 month and you a talk? where were you Karl?

What am I talking about?
                    Do you ever listen to what i am saying?

You can disagree...but, deal with truth...i.e. what I have said and what I am saying? Is that too much to ask?

I have spoken about our situation where foreign exchange earning s is concerned. - Namely...in a snapshot...we are not earning enough!

I have spoken about our needs - infrastructure, needed improvements, maintenance costs...and, need to increase numbers of people we put to work!

I have spoken on why Omar and The PNP had no choice and did what they did could as far as spending was concerned in the light of giving the private sector time to "come up to speed" and "keeping a lid on pressures building within society"...

I spoke of why spending must be increased. I spoke of one of the natural results of that would be inflation...implicit in that is the value of our dollar shall decrease.

After Bruce noised abroad the exchange rate the previous PNP government had used in their budget forecast I suggested...put my head on the block that next year April or thereabout our dollar could slump as far as U$1.00 to J$85.00!

Where is the inconsistency in all that? Where is the changing of opinion on that?

Comment

" have spoken on why Omar and The PNP had no choice and did what they did could as far as spending was concerned in the light of giving the private sector time to "come up to speed" and "keeping a lid on pressures building within society"...

Not true there is alway choices. If we are poise to take off how comes there is no choices?

"After Bruce noised abroad the exchange rate the previous PNP government had used in their budget forecast I suggested...put my head on the block that next year April or thereabout our dollar could slump as far as U$1.00 to J$85.00!"

You are just speculating, let us wait and see.
                      What is fact is the $$$ has been a diaster under the PNP, no doubt about that. You can try as much as you want but the $$$ only move by one 1 after moving by 3 or 4 this year under the PNP.

Comment

" have spoken on why Omar and The PNP had no choice and did what they did could as far as spending was concerned in the light of giving the private sector time to "come up to speed" and "keeping a lid on pressures building within society"...

Not true there is alway choices. If we are poise to take off how comes there is no choices?

"After Bruce noised abroad the exchange rate the previous PNP government had used in their budget forecast I suggested...put my head on the block that next year April or thereabout our dollar could slump as far as U$1.00 to J$85.00!"

You are just speculating, let us wait and see.

What is fact is the $$$ has been a diaster under the PNP, no doubt about that. You can try as much as you want but the $$$ only move by one 1 after moving by 3 or 4 this year under the PNP.
                        You are the greatest!

Imagine you were responding to this -

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...6689#post66689

...and, even if I responded to your follow-up with this -

http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...6696#post66696

...how do you get to -

You can try as much as you want but the $$$ only move by one 1 after moving by 3 or 4 this year under the PNP

When have you ever seen me try to state anything about the dollar not moving as it has under the PNP? When have you seen me "try as much..." as I want to...?

Someone who had not read what I wrote would think I said and or was trying to deny the movement of the dollar under the PNP...

...bwoy ...yuh good!

Comment

well clearly state your position then.

Do we have choices? In economics it is called oppurtunity cost.

Comment

well clearly state your position then.

Do we have choices? In economics it is called oppurtunity cost.
                            I have stated my position over and over...there has to be 'deficit spending'...in a real sense - printing money not backed by any type of security except government assurances.

Why? - see previous posts.

Consequencies if not done? - see previous posts.

As to other choices?

See what the JLP did in the 80s! ...which to my mind is the same thing they have started to do...TODAY!

Comment

Karl you simple say there is no choice which is nothing but a cop out. There is always choices, always. I don't care what who did in the past, there is always choices that can result in better, this a big world that you can analyse things that work and use them.

Why am I going to dig your previous post? Your statement on this 1 dollar slide on the JLP is lacking relality and more sensational.

Comment

Working...
                              X