Us$12.5-b Limestone Potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Us$12.5-b Limestone Potential

As the country seeks to expand its investment opportunities, stronger calls are being made for investors and exporters to take advantage of the emerging benefits in the value-added limestone industry.

According to Fiona Hyman, partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), the current global market for limestone is estimated at about US$1 billion in raw aggregate and some US$12.5 billion in value-added products.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...5?profile=1606
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

They have been talking about the potential of Limestone for a long time now. Hope there will be some action.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle
      As the country seeks to expand its investment opportunities, stronger calls are being made for investors and exporters to take advantage of the emerging benefits in the value-added limestone industry.

According to Fiona Hyman, partner at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC), the current global market for limestone is estimated at about US$1 billion in raw aggregate and some US$12.5 billion in value-added products.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...5?profile=1606
      There we go again. Another "GREAT INVESTMENT" idea.

Comment

But how do we get it going?
        We keep on blaming our wishy washy businessman.

How about the right policy and forming the right company so we as Jamaican (yard and abroad) can invest our 10 dollars and 50 dollars.

One good example is the policy to form the tourism retirement fund where workers put in their money, there is going be billions in bank and what it need is the right portfolio mangers to invest.

The solar farm that the government divest on the stock market is a wonderful idea, and this is why. Normally government just sell it to a foreign big man but instead it was sold to small investors first and after larger investment so any Jamaica could actually invest.

I will say again any company that is investing in Jamaica should have to list some of the shares on the stock market or give some to workers. I would say 25 percent have to be listed but at the very least 15 percent. It help them to get capital and Jamaicans feel like a part of the company and inspire them to buy Jamaica.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

bobby stewart is taking advantage...he outfitted a metals exploration & mining company...when the money starts flowing yuh going hear bout white man & slavery & sellout jamaica...typical dummy mindset

Comment

Can you imagine if the former government had taken same percent they took from the US company they sold FINSAC. work something out with some local investors and sell some of the properties, instead of selling it to foreign entity and let them put addition interest and value on the properties and sell it back to Jamaicans?

Comment

Working...
            X