Lovely time to RESET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely time to RESET

Now that we understand the strengths and weaknesses of the English I hope McIntosh and Burrell will allow sanity to prevail.

Clearly one must mix the best of the 'yard ballahs' with the best of the 'english ballahs'

They got it right with the defense.. till Nuggsy collapsed.. now lets see if they can get it right with the midfield and forwards and recover in the defense.

The Boyz are competitive but lack that extra skill to break deadlocks.. this Hex is not a Joke.. there is no CLEAR dominant force.. Honduras can beat USA one day then lose to Panama the next.. Mexico can fail to win a game after 2 IN AZTECA.. this is going to be a War till the end..

JFF CANNOT afford to be playing hero with clearly talented forwards.. yapping about who does not have good attitude..

JFF CANNOT afford to be experimenting with favored players trying to turn them into what they are NOT while less favored but appropriately equipped ones languish on the Bench..

If you do not find an import to replace Hue.. you MUST use him..

There is now enough data on this experiment.. the changes should be obvious now and they have the time to hone the proper selection.. if they plan to improve the import quality.. is now or never.. Central Defensive Mid, Central Defense, LB, Attack Mid.. dem is the need areas..

As it stands now they will probably need the following to finish in the top 4:

3 points from Costa Rica (Weakest of the home games)
    3 points from the USA (Doable)
    1 point from Mexico (3 is possible but 1 is more likely)
    3 points from Panama (Tough but doable)
    4 points from Honduras (Tough.. neccessary if we don't get 3 from Mexico)

That Mexico home game is going to either makes things easier or very hard...

Nosworthy get well soon..

We will need ALL hands on deck !

Good post sah Start with a 3 week camp in Brazil and 3 practice games
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I suspect the Camp will be in Hingland...

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
        Now that we understand the strengths and weaknesses of the English I hope McIntosh and Burrell will allow sanity to prevail.

Clearly one must mix the best of the 'yard ballahs' with the best of the 'english ballahs'

They got it right with the defense.. till Nuggsy collapsed.. now lets see if they can get it right with the midfield and forwards and recover in the defense.

The Boyz are competitive but lack that extra skill to break deadlocks.. this Hex is not a Joke.. there is no CLEAR dominant force.. Honduras can beat USA one day then lose to Panama the next.. Mexico can fail to win a game after 2 IN AZTECA.. this is going to be a War till the end..

JFF CANNOT afford to be playing hero with clearly talented forwards.. yapping about who does not have good attitude..

JFF CANNOT afford to be experimenting with favored players trying to turn them into what they are NOT while less favored but appropriately equipped ones languish on the Bench..

If you do not find an import to replace Hue.. you MUST use him..

There is now enough data on this experiment.. the changes should be obvious now and they have the time to hone the proper selection.. if they plan to improve the import quality.. is now or never.. Central Defensive Mid, Central Defense, LB, Attack Mid.. dem is the need areas..

As it stands now they will probably need the following to finish in the top 4:

3 points from Costa Rica (Weakest of the home games)
        3 points from the USA (Doable)
        1 point from Mexico (3 is possible but 1 is more likely)
        3 points from Panama (Tough but doable)
        4 points from Honduras (Tough.. neccessary if we don't get 3 from Mexico)

That Mexico home game is going to either makes things easier or very hard...

Nosworthy get well soon..

We will need ALL hands on deck !

So call the changes you see...and put forward reasons on each! What you have said above sounds 'nice' ...but do not hide, 'ring in the changes' you see necessary and give rationale for each?
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

anywhere as long as they can get a few teams to practise against and get a good Academy coach or two to work with.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I call my base 11 and formation long time.. yuh want me to repeat it again ???

4-2-3-1

Only change from who I have already listed in the 11 is to find somebody more mobile and comfortable on the ball than Elliot..

I even gave the rational and the tactics required to be effective..

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
              Mexico can fail to win a game after 2 IN AZTECA..
              Somebody check the stats. Tilla?

Has Mexico drawn two consecutive matches in the Azteca before? And not managed to score even one goal?!?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maudib, no dat yuh have been doing for the past month or so?!? A whe di...?!?!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

The last time Mexico did not score a goal in a qualifying match in Azteca was 1997...

Not sure the last time they went 2 GAMES without scoring in Azteca..

Mexico bun down yet ?

Comment

I thought so.. dem have post blocking on this site ??

Comment

Well said sir. While they are at it, there should be no recall for the following players:

McCleary
                      Doyley
                      Beckford
                      The other forward (I can't remember his name right now)
                      Elliott (is 50/50 at this point)

There should be an immediate recall for :

Mattocks
                      Deon Burton
                      Chris Humphries
                      Tuffy (according to Mosiah whose opinions I highly respect)

and if these players are getting games at their respective clubs:

Jamal Campbell-Ryce
                      Khari Stephenson
                      Christopher Harvey
                      Bibi (regardless of club ball)
                      Fuller
                      Kemear Daley (regardless of club ball)

We need a 2 weeks camp and at least two friendly games against quality teams prior to the next round. Dane Richards is not adding anything to the right side and has not improved in two years. Most of our attacks come from the left side through Phillips and McAnuff. Jobi was trying to do too much because him realise seh a pure eediats a play ahead of him. I would not discard Shelton, but no way under hell should he start. His speed will cause problems on tired defenders in the 75th minute of a game, and as such, he can capitalize on defensive mistakes. The Beckford experiment is a failure. He may be a good striker, but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired and since he has not displayed anything special, we can do without him. Matttocks has the instincts of a predator which cannot be coached. If he has Hue supplying him with quality passes, then he can carry the burden of scoring goals for us. I would bring back Fuller into the fold because pulls defenders to him. His scoring record for Jamaica may not be stellar, but his value is great, especially if he's working up front with a player like Mattocks who can put away his chances. I would use Fuller as a sub for Ryan Johnson. Jerrmaine Hue MUST play. Jobi can and will provide the crosses from the left if he is instructed accordingly. He is a very good player. The right hand side can be filled with any of these players - JJ, Humphries, JC-R or Omar Daley. Again, they need to be given specific instructions as to what type of game to play, whether it be to provide crosses into the box or dribble and work in tandem with a specific player. We are struggleng with Tappa's tactical shortcomings, but a broke JFF doesn't gives us much choice. If he were to be fired, i would go back for Wendell Downswell. He is still involved in the program.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Leave Dane Richards out of this. The man get 10 minutes, the commentator never even know when him come on. What happen to who was playing for the othe 80. Last time Dane get a full 90, him score two rhatid goals.

Mi have fi fight fi Dane because he is not the prettiest player and he has his weakness but like Shorty Malcomn he can be used effectively.

Comment

Let me check. I may have done something to Karl's account!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know the good Cap'n Burrell does not ascribe to management by consensus. I am sure he has inculcated this in Tappa.
                            Last edited by HL; March 27, 2013, 12:24 PM.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              Mattocks
                              Deon Burton
                              Chris Humphries
                              Tuffy (according to Mosiah whose opinions I highly respect)
                              Aww! Come here! (Lionpaw, just chill! )

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                              and if these players are getting games at their respective clubs:

Jamal Campbell-Ryce
                              Khari Stephenson
                              Christopher Harvey
                              Bibi (regardless of club ball)
                              Fuller
                              Kemear Daley (regardless of club ball)
                              I think Harvey may be a better defender than Montrose Phinn, just maybe! Not sure about Bibi and Keammar. Didn't they both fail at the Caribbean Cup?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X