Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to Tilla - Review of the Goalkeepers

Tiila's post - http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...246#post296246

1. I have not kept full records of all Ricketts' or Howard's touch as promised. I left out many saves that went for corners. Reason being they did not have to put the ball back in touch our play same from those corners.

2. Please note how many of the long passes were made when our defenders were playing high i.e. up to the US forwards. My checks show those were made by Ricketts 99+% of the time when we were playing high. That is those long kicks were his only option.

3. I ran the clock i.e. not as per ref's as ref's always shows 45 min. half during 90 minute game.

4. I invite corrections and feedback from the Massive on each of the kicks.

Ricketts

3 min: Long kick to Shelton - Shelton to Johnson (good effective kick - It worked)

4th min: Long one bounce to US 'keeper - Wasteful

4th min: Left foot clear under pressure - Goes to US

7th min: Passed to (Taylor or Reid - number not clear)

8th min: Ricketts passed (appears to Reid)

11th min: Ricketts passed to Reggae Boyz wing back (not sure whom)

15th min: Passed to Reid

16th min: Long to Shelton - US defender climbs on Shelton's back - Dangerous position for US. Austin takes kick it flies wide of the US goal. (good effective kick - It worked)

19th min: Passed to wide left at the back

21th min: ...to defender wide left

28th min: ...to Philips

29th min: Long to Shelton...Shelton to Philips (good effective kick - It worked)

30th min: ...to teammate wide right

40th min: ...Long to Johnson - (good accurate kick - It worked)

42nd min: Long to Johnson - (good accurate kick - It worked)

43 min: Long to Johnson - Johnson heads on to US - (good accurate kick - It worked)

46th min: Long to Shelton - Shelton heads on to Johnson - (good effective kick - It worked)

End of 1st half.
    Total count -
    17 passes out.
    8 long passes, which I contend were his only options.
    9 short passes.

2nd half

64th min: Long to winger (Winger fouled - Kick to Jamaica)

69 min: Long to midfielder - Jamaica

73 min: Roll to Philips (left)

74 min: Long to Johnson - Foul by Johnson - US kick

79 min: Pass to left

87th min: Pass to Philips wide left

87min: Pass wide to Reid

89th min: Wide to Philips

89th min: Cleared long to US put under pressure by Philips

End of 2nd half.
    Total count -
    10 passes out.
    5 long passes, which I contend were his only options.
    5 short passes

That is how I saw it!
    Last edited by Karl; June 20, 2011, 04:04 PM. Reason: Correction
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Howard of the US

Tilla's post - http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/s...246#post296246

1. I have not kept full records of all Ricketts' or Howard's touch as promised. I left out many saves that went for corners. Reason being they did not have to put the ball back in touch our play same from those corners.

2. Please note how many of the long passes were made when our defenders were playing high i.e. up to the US forwards. My checks show those were made by Ricketts 99+% of the time when we were playing high. That is those long kicks were his only option.

3. I ran the clock i.e. not as per ref's as ref's always shows 45 min. half during 90 minute game.

4. I invite corrections and feedback from the Massive on each of the kicks.

Howard

Pass to defender

6th min: Long kick - Straight to Jamaica (Vernon?)

7th min: Passed to Bradley

10th min: Passed to defender

17th min: Passed to defender

24th min: Passed to midfielder

25th min: Passed to defender

32nd min: Passed to Bradley

38th min: Passed to midfielder

End of 1st half.
    Total count -
    9 passes out.
    1 long pass
    8 short passes.

2nd half

53rd min: Rolls to defender

55th min: Long to US player - Outjumped by JA defender -headed out for US throw.

62nd min: Long - cleared under pressure into touch - Jamaica's throw-in.

70th min: Long to Jamaica - Jamaica makes miss pass into touch.

74 min: Long to Jamaica on right

75 min: Pass to right at the back

75 min: Short pass

89th min: Long to Philips - Philips heads into touch

End of 2nd half.
    Total count -
    8 passes out.
    5 long passes
    3 short passes

That is how I saw it!
    Last edited by Karl; June 20, 2011, 04:03 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

good work karl... i read tilla's post and did not respond because i thought his post might have been influenced by his well known dislike for ricketts' keeping... i could not find one fault with ricketts keeping yesterday and felt tilla was reaching... but a tilla and ricketts long time ting dat... dem wi WERK it out... LOL
      'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Aaaah Baddaz... Tilla wi fren...but damn man.
        ...perhaps, like me he was depressed after the loss. ...but he shall get over it!

FORWARD mi seh!

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
          good work karl... i read tilla's post and did not respond because i thought his post might have been influenced by his well known dislike for ricketts' keeping... i could not find one fault with ricketts keeping yesterday and felt tilla was reaching... but a tilla and ricketts long time ting dat... dem wi WERK it out... LOL
          OK Baddaz. Mi done.

Were you satisfied with all those long kicks which were not working?

I have to watch the match myself and record my own stats. I do not trust what Karl has put forward. I know those Shady Pines folks doez off at the least little opportunity. I do not see Karl watching, recording and presenting trustworthy stats.

Unuh terrible though to think I have a dislike for Ricketts. While I think Ricketts is a good shot stopper as evidenced by his actions yesterday, his overall goalkeeping needs to improve when he plays for the Boyz. He does not play the way he does when he is in a LA Galaxy uniform. Why is that? Is it that he has better personnel in front of him?

I will watch the match myself and provide my own stats.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
            OK Baddaz. Mi done.

Were you satisfied with all those long kicks which were not working?
            Were you pleased with those that worked?

I have to watch the match myself and record my own stats. I do not trust what Karl has put forward. I know those Shady Pines folks doez off at the least little opportunity. I do not see Karl watching, recording and presenting trustworthy stats.

Unuh terrible though to think I have a dislike for Ricketts. While I think Ricketts is a good shot stopper as evidenced by his actions yesterday, his overall goalkeeping needs to improve when he plays for the Boyz. He does not play the way he does when he is in a LA Galaxy uniform. Why is that? Is it that he has better personnel in front of him?

I will watch the match myself and provide my own stats.
            I did not say you did not like Ricketts...rather I said that you should not let his past actions cloud your judgement. You should judge him on this match.

Comment

lol... tilla, notice i said 'your dislike for ricketts' keeping', not a dislike of ricketts the person... tilla, it is no secret on this forum that you are not a fan of ricketts goal keeping... anyway, if you must, feel free to watch the game again and provide your stats...
              'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

OK Missa Karl. I had a chance to look at the first half of the match while I am copying it to disc. I have not yet gotten to the 2nd half because I had to leave to take care of some business.

I did not write down the exact times they occurredd, but tried to make note of the types of pass/kicks and who ended up with the ball.

Punts : There were 9 of which the 1 went to Jamaica, 8 went to the USA. Of the 8 going to the USA, they were unable to hold on to the ball on two occasions and Jamaica eventually ended up with it. So say we won 3 of those passes via the punt route, it means we in those situations are only winning 33% of the balls resulting from those big kicks. This is a woeful percentage if you are going to try to play the possession game and take it to the US.

Passes: I counted 6 passes to teammates, none of which were lost to the opposition on the first go. 6 out of 6 is 100% and shows that this method allows us to maintain possession of the ball to start the attack.

Hurried kick/clearance: - I counted one and it went to the US. Cannot fault him for that as in that situation he just needs to get the ball out of danger.

Throws: I did not count any throws in this half to any player.

That is how I saw it and it reinforces my point. Ricketts would be a better goalkeeper and help his team more if he were to learn to use the ball better while playing for the Reggae Boyz. Using the punt is a low percentage means of getting the ball to your players. I also think it helps to keep the pressure on your team as each time you get the ball, you turn it over to the opposition for them to start their attack again and again.

Ricketts needs to vary his means of distribution and help his team maintain possession so they can change the dynamics of the game. As long as we continue to approach it the way he is doing, it will be like sucking salt through a wooden spoon.
                "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                  OK Missa Karl. I had a chance to look at the first half of the match while I am copying it to disc. I have not yet gotten to the 2nd half because I had to leave to take care of some business.

I did not write down the exact times they occurredd, but tried to make note of the types of pass/kicks and who ended up with the ball.

Punts : There were 9 of which the 1 went to Jamaica, 8 went to the USA. Of the 8 going to the USA, they were unable to hold on to the ball on two occasions and Jamaica eventually ended up with it. So say we won 3 of those passes via the punt route, it means we in those situations are only winning 33% of the balls resulting from those big kicks. This is a woeful percentage if you are going to try to play the possession game and take it to the US.

Passes: I counted 6 passes to teammates, none of which were lost to the opposition on the first go. 6 out of 6 is 100% and shows that this method allows us to maintain possession of the ball to start the attack.

Hurried kick/clearance: - I counted one and it went to the US. Cannot fault him for that as in that situation he just needs to get the ball out of danger.

Throws: I did not count any throws in this half to any player.

That is how I saw it and it reinforces my point. Ricketts would be a better goalkeeper and help his team more if he were to learn to use the ball better while playing for the Reggae Boyz. Using the punt is a low percentage means of getting the ball to your players. I also think it helps to keep the pressure on your team as each time you get the ball, you turn it over to the opposition for them to start their attack again and again.

Ricketts needs to vary his means of distribution and help his team maintain possession so they can change the dynamics of the game. As long as we continue to approach it the way he is doing, it will be like sucking salt through a wooden spoon.
                  You watched a different match.

You missed Shelton being fouled and REGGAE BOYZ getting a Free-Kick in a dangerous area - That goes to Ricketts.

I can remember 1 Ryan Johnson chesting down. That goes to Ricketts. (Aim accomplished.

I can remember Shelton headine one on...all in the 1st half.

That is already 3 that Ricketts accomplished what he set out to do...
                  (I am talking off the top of my head as I have not returned to check. You need to record the time of the game when you though you saw those long kicks 8 out of 9 going astray.) ...

Seeing our 'Long Kick counts' are just about the same - I think you need your eyes tested. ...plus you obviously did not see the defenders playing a high line and leaving Ricketts no option but to 'kick long'.

...yup, definitely need eyes tested.
                  Last edited by Karl; June 22, 2011, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Yuh seit!

Comment

What are you talking about here Karl?I thought we were talking about how Ricketts used the ball when he got it.

What does Shelton being fouled and the free kick (dont know why you have to capitalize) goes to Ricketts have to do with anything?

Ryan Johnson chesting down and goes to Ricketts again, what is that about?

If you missed the gist of the argument, it is that Ricketts' use of the ball out of the back does not do the most for our team.

My eyes were tested in December and currently wearing fresh prescriptions. When was the last time yours were tested?

BTW, I recorded a throw Ricketts made in the first half which I had in my notes, but I wrote that there were no throws. He rolled the ball to his defender on the right.

If you cannot see what I am saying that if you make 9 punts, you handed 6 of those to the opposition, then you are not helping your side, then I cannot help you. His other methods of distribution shows a much higher efficiency, which is what he should be aiming for.
                      Last edited by Karl; June 22, 2011, 08:48 PM.

Comment

What are you talking about here Karl?I thought we were talking about how Ricketts used the ball when he got it.
                        We were on his use of the ball. He passed that ball to Shelton. It brought a foul.

Good use by Ricketts!

What does Shelton being fouled and the free kick (dont know why you have to capitalize) goes to Ricketts have to do with anything?
                        I hope you understand that the ball is to be shared among TEAMmates to the benefit of the TEAM. That was what Ricketts did. He shared the ball with Shelton. ...and the TEAM benefited.

Ryan Johnson chesting down and goes to Ricketts again, what is that about?

If you missed the gist of the argument, it is that Ricketts' use of the ball out of the back does not do the most for our team.
                        Ricketts gave the ball to Johnson! That is good play!

My eyes were tested in December and currently wearing fresh prescriptions. When was the last time yours were tested?
                        Loaaang time, past! ...but I can assure you they are in good shape.

BTW, I recorded a throw Ricketts made in the first half which I had in my notes, but I wrote that there were no throws. He rolled the ball to his defender on the right.
                        Glad you re-checked. See the eyes played a trick on you the first time!

If you cannot see what I am saying that if you make 9 punts, you handed 6 of those to the opposition, then you are not helping your side, then I cannot help you. His other methods of distribution shows a much higher efficiency, which is what he should be aiming for.
                        Oooh, I hear what you said...but your eyes need checking as you would
                        have -
                        a) seen the number of times our defensive line played far up and Ricketts had no alternate pass option....

...and...

b) the number of times the long PASS when straight to Ricketts' TEAMmate, in other word it was a long kick but a successful completion of a pass.

Comment

Karl, you are hopeless. I cannot bother with you. Call the nurses to take you outside to get some fresh air. I think the confines of the Shady Pines room is messing with your head.

Comment

Working...
                          X