RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

persons born outside of the island - acquiring JA...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• persons born outside of the island - acquiring JA...

...citizenship.

Special case: Those born to Jamaican parents.

Does such a person have to apply for JA citizenship...or it is automatically conferred at birth?
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    ...citizenship.

Special case: Those born to Jamaican parents.

Does such a person have to apply for JA citizenship...or it is automatically conferred at birth?
    What if dem born a Merika?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

The document which proves your citizenship by birth is your birth certificate.

You require several documents to prove citizenship through your parents.

There is naturalization process.. I suspect you receive a certificate which has no expiration (unlike a passport)

Comment

seaga was prime minister

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

you nah fi swear two bc and rc too?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Seeing as how is Jamaican Immigration office.. dat is almost a given.

Comment

No need to apply. It's automatic.

P.S. Sorry a lie me a tell yuh haffi apply for it but it's not a big deal. I prefer to call it verification rather than application.

Comment

Should UB 40 be allowed to represent the island if they don't renounce the UK citizenship. Question has probably already been posed. Please someone direct me to the appropriate thread.

What a ting if we meet England? own goal risk?

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                  Should UB 40 be allowed to represent the island if they don't renounce the UK citizenship. Question has probably already been posed. Please someone direct me to the appropriate thread.

pr
                  PR, dem nuh have no problem wid dat ... the issue is who have American Citizenship.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

England ah nuh wi moddah.. ebryting criss.. how much a VISA cost fi guh Hingland again ?

Comment

playing football is equivalent to being a minister of govt.

ah see.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mek wi reach World Cup wid a chance to move to second round and si nuh...

Mi si man bawl tears of joy when goal score gainst Croatia... Bruce good, but him nuh dat good..

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                          No need to apply. It's automatic.

P.S. Sorry a lie me a tell yuh haffi apply for it but it's not a big deal. I prefer to call it verification rather than application.
                          Thanks, Bricktop!
                          ...wonda why di nedda man dem nuh hans-sa?
                          A kno mi nuh kno mek mi hask...yuh kno?
                          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Its sports not politics

Originally posted by Peter R View Post

pr

Yup, always the possibility that the UB40 would feel pressured not to offend the English fans. I remember the white fellow who played for Trinidad in Germany stating the England is 'his team' and he will not celebrate if he scored or id Trinidad won.
                            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuh cyaan read ? Or you only read certain man post ?

Comment

Working...
                              X