Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL!!!.......Saw this today. Have you heard

anything???
    "Atlanta United has agreed to trade Darlington Nagbe to Columbus Crew. Return package is expected to be among the largest amounts of Allocation Money exchanged in MLS history."
    ***If true, you can't say I didn't warn you.......Hope you can get Julian Gressel signed.

I understand the business concept.

Us fans are suckers. Yet we continue to support.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by USAF
      anything???
      "Atlanta United has agreed to trade Darlington Nagbe to Columbus Crew. Return package is expected to be among the largest amounts of Allocation Money exchanged in MLS history."
      ***If true, you can't say I didn't warn you.......Hope you can get Julian Gressel signed.
      Oh, you did not state your source.

HL

Comment

From someone who writes for The Athletic. Just saw that MLS is reporting it: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-columbus-crew

Comment

Nagbe wanted the move, before the season started. It was reported that he asked to be traded, to Columbus, in January. Remember he was late joining AUFC training camp.......The story back then, was that his wife wanted to return to Ohio, and his family also lives in Ohio.......He will "team up" with Caleb Porter, again.

Comment

yes it is been reported on the radio. Remember at the start of the season Nagbe and De Boor had a little fall out and he wanted to leave. They patch it up but I think Nagbe still wanted to leave and also he is from Ohio so it is a perfect match for him.

Again this year is Frank's year so let us see what he will do and who is the replacement.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When did Nagbe & de Boer have a "a fall out at the start of the season"???.......It was reported, by numerous news outlets, and stated by Nagbe himself, that he was "dealing with some personal issues". This is after he arrived a day late to the training camp, in California, and de Boer gave him permission to leave camp, 6 days early, to take care of his personal issues, and he told reporters that de Boer allowed him to return home to take care of those issues & to inform him when he was ready to re-join camp.
              There have been reports & speculations that his wife wanted him to return to Ohio, where both have family & went to school, and that was the personal issues. Some believe that she also pushed him to seek a move from Portland, because it was too far from Ohio.

Comment

I heard it on the Atlanta United sports radio here in the Atl. This morning the morning show with John Friky and Hue Douglas even went as far as saying "Atlanta United did a good job of keeping it in house then, bu obviously it wasn't enough to keep Nagbe".
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Watch them f-up the squad...………………….

HL

Comment

The AUFC front office has a lot of work to do:
                    1. All 3 DP slots are filled (Pity, Josef & Barco).

2. They need to resign Gressel. It's reported that he's not happy that AUFC management hasn't spoken with him or his management.......He might be looking for a DP contract.

3. They still need to sign a true #10. Position been vacant since Almiron's departure & it affected your attack, this season.

4. They still need to find a solid & dependable LB. Can't continue with the "LB by committee" strategy.

5. Jeff Larentowicz is 36, so there should be concerns at DM. Need a younger, quicker & more dynamic DM.

***AUFC paid Portland over $1M, in TAM & GAM, for Nagbe, so hopefully you can recoup that money, or come close. Nagbe's departure also frees up over $660,000/year.......Also, if the Players' Union are able to get a salary cap increase & additional DP slots, in the CBA negotiations, that would give you a big boost.

Comment

They way they are talking down here is like we stand a chance of losing Pity.
                      Gressel maybe playing hard ball because he can more than one position and would be a solid squad player for a bottom Bundesliga team. He has options.

For the LB you have two that were injured Bello and Brek Shea, so I don't see them buying another.

Frank have some work to do.

Comment

Pleeeeze do not mention Brek Shea's name again. What a pieca shyte!!

Also, that big Mexican eejit so-called stricker... Brandon Vasquez . He gats to go!!

HL

Comment

Brek Shea did a horrible job at the start but his best two games were right before the injury. He is still under a decent contract next year so I don't see him going anywhere.

Vazquez is a different story.

Comment

Just remember that AUFC could loose players in the Expansion Draft, later this month, to Miami & Nashville.

Comment

Which team is interested in signing Pity Martinez, and paying at least $14M for him (so AUFC can at least recoup the transfer fee)???
                              Julian Gressel: https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...trated-impasse
                              AUFC needs a reliable LB.......I wouldn't pick Brek Shea to play LB on a pub-league team.......All reports I've seen, state that Bello's play at the U17 WC was weak & disappointing.
                              Darren Eales & Carlos Bocanegra have a lot of work to do - They are the ones that know how to get players for a "salary-cap" team.
                              Last edited by USAF; November 8, 2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X