USA...USA...USAaaaaaaaa!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA...USA...USAaaaaaaaa!!!

Hope Maudib didden bet his mortgage on this game.

Argentina was as expected...a great team. But USA....USA...USAAaaaa

Thats all I have to say about that

--Forrest Gump
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

As I get older, I have come to be more accommodating and have learnt to accept certain inevitability in life. Having lived three quarters of my life in Jamaica, I am slowly coming to grips that the USA is now my home and not Jamaica. As such, I've had to drop certain ways of thinking...."all b*ttybwoy fi dead and the USA can't play football".

Tonight, I saw Argentina, for a want of a better word, rape the US team in the first half with some exceptionally slick passing. It was complete domination and I expected them to pump six goals past Howard. However, with a few "TACTICAL" changes by coach Bradley, along with a never-say-die attitude (which Jamaica is oblivious to), the USA fought their way back into the game and scored a well-worked equalizer. For those of you here who continually dismiss the USA, I say to you all, WAKE UP.

We want to play like the Brazilians, but we are so far away from achieving that. We want to be givien the freedom to play our football with the flair that comes naturally to us, but that will get us nowhere on the international scene. We continue to fail because of the simple reason - we lack discipline. This is the maggot that eats away at our soceity. We lack the discipline we need to succeed in our daily lives and it manifests itself in our game.

Yes the Brazilians are our friends, but the help that we are receiving is only being done on a friendship basis and not government to government. Therefore, whatever the Gamas are doing for the U20 and U17 along with Tappa's sojourn to Brazil are just bandaids on a gaping wound. I believe that it is easier, cheaper and will be more effective to our national programs if we reach out to the USA and ask for their help. What the USA has over many teams is their discipline which allows them to rise above their adversities. Before our ballers seek to entertain us, they need to learn how to win or manage their games.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

"...don't get profound Jangle..."

In the mean time I'll wait patiently to read the rebuke you will surely receive from (well i won't call their names).

Hoping to take the 3 hour drive to Tennessee to see them against Paraguay (who lost to MexTico 3-1).

I love that new Jersey!!!

HL

Comment

Can I get an Amen!!

Thank you Jangle, you have hit the nail on the head with this post.

I have to give the USA ccredit and yes, we could learn something from them. Yuh waan si mi punching air when they equalized.
        I think a US coach could do wonders for our game.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Jangle you are getting too "profound" bredrin. Good post but please brace yourself for a brow-whipping!

"...we reach out to the USA and ask for their help." Wait til X
          reads this, yuh gwine fart!

Oh btw, I agree with you wholeheartedly!
          "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Agudelo's goal gives U.S. surprising 1-1 draw against Argentina

Juan Agudelo scored in the 59th minute, and the United States rallied for a surprising 1-1 tie against Argentina and Lionel Messi in a high-profile exhibition game on Saturday night.

Esteban Cambiasso put fourth-ranked Argentina ahead in the 42nd minute after a thrilling run to the endline by Messi, who passed through the legs of U.S. captain Carlos Bocanegra. Angel Di Maria's initial shot was stopped by goalkeeper Tim Howard, and Cambiasso scored on the rebound.

After the U.S. switched to a more offensive approach, energizing the crowd of 78,936 at the New Meadowlands Stadium, the 18-year-old Agudelo scored his second goal in three international appearances. It followed Landon Donovan's corner kick and an initial header by Bocanegra that was saved by goalkeeper Mariano Andujar.

(continue)
            "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
            - Xavi

Comment

"sight is of the eyes , vision is of the mind" I can recall posting here saying if Ja cannot beat either the US or Mexico then competing in a WC (at any level) is just wasting time. Oh the nay sayers came out and said I'm a "frighten" yada yada. The truth is this: The USA over all can play soccer better than JA. Why? They are exposed the game much earlier than Jakans (at five and up)and play competitively too at an earlier age. I once coached in the youth league, hence I speak from experience. In NY the youth players play for high school (which is seen as just rec. and bragging rights) and travel club teams (this is where they play hard and compete fiercely).The coaches are given opportunity to attend seminars and learn the game. In short they have a better system for youth than Ja.

Granted I still think Brsail has a lot to offer Ja in terms of football. Right now I'm off to go help a Jakan coach (former national) teach the game (by playing and getting me Jawge back in shape)

Comment

Is a good ting seh unuh nevah win...

But... a good result for "you guys" (said with a twang)...
                Peter R

Comment

Well Said

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                  Can I get an Amen!!

Thank you Jangle, you have hit the nail on the head with this post.

I have to give the USA ccredit and yes, we could learn something from them. Yuh waan si mi punching air when they equalized.
                  I think a US coach could do wonders for our game.
                  Well said and not because I am American. I do not know you Jangle, but the truth is the truth and the nail (truth) is in the wood (football). I was reading this AM about the blind leading the blind. The result is they fall into a pit. Now what is to be done about telling the truth with actions to get out of the pit. Faith without works is dead.

Paul Banta

Comment

We will get the win tomorrow 'gainst Paraguay PR

(please read the above with a deep soudern twang. Y'all know i'm a naturalized soudderner living near Adlanda )

HL

Comment

I often get cuss out for it but I said the USA is not the USA of 20 years ago that some people on here talking about. We hear they are not reaching out to inner city youths etc. Take a look at Adu, the two youths from Red Bulls, Cummings, Ryan Johnson, Dane Richards and others who play in the MLS. These are players who came through college or the USA ranks. The MLS have a lot of them.

We hear USA nuh know nothing about coaching. Lie they are constantly upgrading their coaching ranks. We hear MLS is bush league but the league is going from strenght to strenght and viewership is growing.

Nuff of us live in the past. Youth soccer is growing leaps and bound in this country. I just heard this morning that Atlanta is building a major youth soccer complex. This is in additional to all the ones around the city. Within the past 3 years you can't count the amount of soccer only youth complex that has been build.

We give thanks for what the Brazillians are doing. I have spoken on here and said we need to adopt the Olympic Development Program that America has were some of the best coaches regionally coach the best kids regionally.

One major problem we have in Jamaica coaching rank is badmind. In America College Soccer the coaches cuss each other at time but they are civil enough to work together, pick the best players for regional honors and they realise that when one coach succeed they all do as doors are open.

Not so in Ja, the first thing is "a idiot coach, him nuh know what him a do".

We have a long way to go but hopefully with coaches like Color and the younger generation we will change.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I thought about you on Saturday when i drove by Gwinnett County Soccer, Inc.

It's a soccer facility that was packed with youth of all ages...going through the paces with their coaches. (The parents sat on the side-lines on their folding chairs observing...).

The system was highly organized. I said to myself, this country will rank in the top 5 football country in a short time.

(and i say this in a PROFOUND way)

HL

Comment

Actually I must have been coaching my team at YMCA Kennesaw field. A few years ago they started with 400 kids, now they have 8000. Will talk a little more
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

My nephew is 5 and plays Soccer with a team in the Atlanta area. I told him @ Christmas that I heard he scored a goal at one of his games. His reply was "how do you know that, did you see me on TV?"
                            Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                            - Langston Hughes

Comment

They start them as soon as that take their first step MdmeX.

The parents too must be commended for making the system work.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X