No announcement yet.

The Big Four turn their backs on 4-4-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its not overraed. because coaches pick people to fit system. Actually your fomation is your basis of your plan you may play multiple formations or start in one and move to others. So its not uncommon to go from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 or defend in a 4-5-1 but attack in a 4-4-2 If you think its overated then you dont understand the challenge of going from a 4-3-3 without having the right midfield personnel or playin a 3 back system without the right central defenders. Definetly not overated but you dont win or loose becuse of formation you do so because of talent and the application of the principles of the formation or playin the game in general.

Comment

OJ, you and Lazie got the point I am trying to make.

Being overrated is an exaggeration. (It's like my other saying: reading is overrated).

You and Lazie are perfectly correct. The actual formation takes place on the field. Most times the folks are left with the impression that teams play strict classical formation. They don't.
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
        OJ, you and Lazie got the point I am trying to make.

Being overrated is an exaggeration. (It's like my other saying: reading is overrated).

You and lazie are perfectly correct. the actual formation takes place on thefield. Most times the folks are left with the impression that teams play strict classical formation. They don't.
        Sorry boss.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Jawge, you talk about your team, people would be surprised to know that you are referring to an under-10 girls team which the players are still struggling with the basic fundamentals of the game. But then, it it makes you live out your fantasy of being a big time coach, go wid it sah.

Anyway Jawge, I just had to take a shot at you.
          "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

see there you go so
            yuh know wha mi ah talk bout. Now low mi wid Lazie an HL

Comment

under 10? Boss di
              whole dem inna college, but is wha do yuh? coaching is coaching. The boys only play a faster game (as not all the boys technically sound all round).

Comment

lazie please tell me what
                formation Brasil used on the pitch (seeing that this is theonly team I watch of late; Madrid at times) whilst playing USA and mexico last month. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                  its not overraed. because coaches pick people to fit system. Actually your fomation is your basis of your plan you may play multiple formations or start in one and move to others. So its not uncommon to go from a 4-5-1 to a 4-4-2 or defend in a 4-5-1 but attack in a 4-4-2 If you think its overated then you dont understand the challenge of going from a 4-3-3 without having the right midfield personnel or playin a 3 back system without the right central defenders. Definetly not overated but you dont win or loose becuse of formation you do so because of talent and the application of the principles of the formation or playin the game in general.
                  What you have said: It is the personel and not the formation that counts...and, you are sooooooooooo right!

You could place technically inefficient players and or tactically dumb players in whatever configuration you can imagine and you would reap FAILURE!

Now if you have technically and tactically excellent players you will reap SUCCESS!

A look at our GUNNERS is prime example - They all can defend...all over the field (Theo Walcott the exception) - Matters not whether on the right or the left, at the back or in the middle or at the front...

...and, they all attack right across the field - again, matters not if it is passing it around at the back as a break is being engineered...a ball won in the middle or upfront! They are technically excellent and tactically superb! They are just about the nearest TEAM to 'PERFECT'!
                  Last edited by Karl; October 31, 2007, 06:51 PM.
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Nicely said!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

All now nuhbaddy nuh tell mi
                      wha kind a formation Brasil used on the pitch whilst playing Mexico and the US. I would like to be educated here. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                      X