Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A coach needs to have his bags packed at all times

.......so says a wise man.

Since we are a country that constantly builds our houses from the roofs down, I say we fire Tappa after the USA vs Jamaica game regardless of the result. After watching the Boyz under Tappa's guidance for the past 2 years, he has not shown me any signs that he is tactically up to the job. Failing to make it to the WC is going to set us and the program back several years, since corporate Jamaica refuses to part with their money without seeing positive results. We don't have the right infrastructure in place to move our football forward at a faster pace, and given how we as a people and fan crave instant gratifications, we may never get there. Our only hope of moving forward constantly rest on us doing well in these qualifications every 4 years, hence my call for Tappa's head. Getting a new coach in place after the USA match, will give him time to start getting familiar with the players before the next round starts. I fully expect us to squeeze through to the next round, even with Tappa at the helm, but I don't think we can risk our football progress as a country waiting on Tappa to learn his trade. I believe that the little resources that the JFF has should be funnelled into getting a qualified coach.

We don't need to go back down the same road of trying to get a brand-name coach. I believe we can get a qualified coach from the USA or Mexico. The Brazilian project has failed because we did not build on its successes. Now I know that I am going get my azz chewed up about style of play and all sort of crap, but style of play can only be implimented once the players have mastered the basic techniques and understand tactics. At no time in our history have we had at our disposal so many professional players who ply their trade in top leagues across the world. This talent pool is going to waste under Tappa's tactical defficiencies. I see several posters here putting up all sort of crappy excuses for our failure against a poor Antiguan side. Prior to and even after the '98 WC, we were in the same position as Antigua where we would play good and with a lot of heart but still got our azzes kicked by better teams. The fact is, better, more tactically sound and disciplined teams know how to beat plucky sides....under any conditions. We are not in the USA or Mexico class as yet, but we are certainly at least two classes better than Antigua based upon the players that we have at our disposal. So we just need to cut the crap and face the reality.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle View Post

Since we are a country that constantly builds our houses from the roofs down, I say we fire Tappa after the USA vs Jamaica game regardless of the result. After watching the Boyz under Tappa's guidance for the past 2 years, he has not shown me any signs that he is tactically up to the job. Failing to make it to the WC is going to set us and the program back several years, since corporate Jamaica refuses to part with their money without seeing positive results. We don't have the right infrastructure in place to move our football forward at a faster pace, and given how we as a people and fan crave instant gratifications, we may never get there. Our only hope of moving forward constantly rest on us doing well in these qualifications every 4 years, hence my call for Tappa's head. Getting a new coach in place after the USA match, will give him time to start getting familiar with the players before the next round starts. I fully expect us to squeeze through to the next round, even with Tappa at the helm, but I don't think we can risk our football progress as a country waiting on Tappa to learn his trade. I believe that the little resources that the JFF has should be funnelled into getting a qualified coach.

We don't need to go back down the same road of trying to get a brand-name coach. I believe we can get a qualified coach from the USA or Mexico. The Brazilian project has failed because we did not build on its successes. Now I know that I am going get my azz chewed up about style of play and all sort of crap, but style of play can only be implimented once players have mastered the basic teniques and understand tactics. At no time in our history have we had at our disposal so many professional players who ply their trade in top leagues across the world. This talent pool is going to waste under Tappa's tactical defficiencies. I see several posters here putting up all sort of crappy excuses for our failure against a poor Antiguan side. Prior to and even after the '98 WC, we were in the same position as Antigua where we would play good and with a lot of heart but still got our azzes kicked by better teams. The fact is, better, more tactically sound and disciplined teams know how to beat plucky sides....under any conditions. We are not in the USA or Mexico class as yet, but we are certainly at least two classes better than Antigua based upon the players that we have at our disposal. So we just need to cut the crap and face the reality.
    mmmmm?
    Last edited by Karl; June 13, 2012, 11:14 AM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Disagree about firing Tappa , though.... I have come to the realisation that Tappa must be allowed to fail in order for us to implement a realistic program.

We need to invest in upgrading our coaches , we need to invest in them , no coach should be allowed to coach the senior team unless they have a Liscene of the highest standard.

Tappa has around him brazilains who are of high standard , they must be allowed to grow together even if it means failing.

I know, I know , I know , I have called for his head , but we are broke and we must be prudent, hey they might surprise us.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post

We don't need to go back down the same road of trying to get a brand-name coach. I believe we can get a qualified coach from the USA or Mexico. The Brazilian project has failed because we did not build on its successes. Now I know that I am going get my azz chewed up about style of play and all sort of crap, but style of play can only be implimented once the players have mastered the basic techniques and understand tactics. At no time in our history have we had at our disposal so many professional players who ply their trade in top leagues across the world. This talent pool is going to waste under Tappa's tactical defficiencies. I see several posters here putting up all sort of crappy excuses for our failure against a poor Antiguan side. Prior to and even after the '98 WC, we were in the same position as Antigua where we would play good and with a lot of heart but still got our azzes kicked by better teams. The fact is, better, more tactically sound and disciplined teams know how to beat plucky sides....under any conditions. We are not in the USA or Mexico class as yet, but we are certainly at least two classes better than Antigua based upon the players that we have at our disposal. So we just need to cut the crap and face the reality.
        So that's what Jamaica is doing now: going the way of foreigners whose plan don't work out at the first planning stage. Where exactly does Jamaica have the funds like those billion dollar federations to do that?

Comment

We have to be honest with ourselves , Tappa has shown me ,more of our cultural style of play than all other coaches before him only Lazaroni out did him.

The speed shown in our team isnt incidental, and it isnt only from Shelton every player it seems is aloud to express that speed and the freedom to shoot from any angle with our natural physical ability is refreshing to see , where he has failed is in developing that Jamaican midfield game, we love one touch passers of the ball in the middle ...where is it in Tappas team ? and of course the tactical discipline to excecute plays is lacking or better yet struggling which tells me he is learning.I think he is mature enough to learn that sticking with players who flatter to decieve or whom he has an affinity to, will cost him his head, he will grow , he will figure it out ,but at what cost?

I believe we should look long term , even if it means we miss Brazil.

Fix the middle and we are on our way!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So that's what Jamaica is doing now: going the way of foreigners whose plan don't work out at the first planning stage.

Did the Brazilians that are currently with Tappa have a plan? If so, is it working? What is preventing it from working?

Where exactly does Jamaica have the funds like those billion dollar federations to do that?

Where are they getting the money to pay the Brazilians that are there?
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

We have been looking long term for the past 14 years now.............if you look back ways. The fact is, Jamaica DOES NOT have any local coach who is qualified enough to lead us to the WC. Are we to wait around for another 14 years while we sputter along trying to develop our local coaches in this present environment?

Comment

Tappa has been there 2 years , we cant put 12 years of waste on his head.

Comment

ok, so I guess it's ok to allot him 4 years of waste WHEN we fail to make it to the WC. Ask yourself this question, if we make it to the Hex, do you see Jamaica, with Tappa at the helm, beating Costa Rica, Panama, Honduras or maybe Canada over two legs? Have you seen any improvements to the team since the Gold Cup? Utilising our speed on the wings is not a tactical improvement. How many acurate crosses do you see coming from our wing play?? How incisive are our free kicks and corners?? How many goals have we scored from open play when we attack and not from our opponents errors?

Comment

Boss it is highly unlikely we beat any of the above at home or on the road, draws or as sass would say , a point at home looks more realistic , but I wouldnt rule it out that Tappa surprises me, why ?

He has sown me he has the ability to grow , he must be allowed to make mistakes thats the only way you grow, I hope it happens now, a beating at home to Antigua would be nice or a beating in guatemala .

If it happens in the next round, i hope it is our 1st game at home.How he reacts will be intriguing.

Comment

You wouldnt give Jeffrey Max a try? The Brazil FA wrote the JFF saying Maxwell is special and should be a part of the Jff setup.
                      Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                      Mitty

Comment

hehehe....you gats jokes.

Comment

Yuh see why me can't follow yuh...yuh talk out a the two sides of yuh mouth. Nuh you start this whole questioning of Tappa's ability? If you are willing to sacrifice two more years of our progression while Tappa makes his mistakes, well that's your purogative.

Comment

Agree wid most of what yu seh, but lets not panic.

There is still a couple of month b4 the next round of games.

lets hope he realizes the team standard of play has regressed since the gold cup and start ova wid the players who played in that tournament, particularly against Honduras.

We had high hopes going into this round of qualification based on the GC performance and the team could be improved (at least on paper), with the addition of Fuller and the two english defenders ect.
                            Six days I work for my children, on the seventh day they work for me.
                            Mitty

Comment

Yes but i am allowed to flip like Bricky..lol

Comment

Working...
                              X