RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garbage Team!! What a waste of resources!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Team!! What a waste of resources!

I still cannot believe that I just watched Jamaica's U-20 team trying to qualify for the World Cup! It made me sad and reminded me how far we have regressed. The whole team seemed clueless, and just a bunch of dunces with a ball!! After that performance I don't know if we really want them to qualify for the tournament and risk further embarassment. Honestly, I would keep Marvin Morgan and send home the rest of players...not too late to start from scratch. I also wonder if this is a waste of money seeing that even the Brazillians have no effect on the team!! Big kick, no passing, no creativity or thinking...just nothing at all. Sergio Campbell? Wow! our future seem very bleak if he's one of the bright ones! Of the over 100 schools in D'Cup and Manning Cup that's our best!? Something is terribly wrong with our football and it needs to be addressed! When I watched Schoolboy football in the 80's, there were school teams that could beat this national team and I'm not exaggerating. Just to name a few...KC 81, C-Down 82 & 87, STGC 83 & 84, Ruseas 83-85, C-Bar 84, Herber Morrison 86!

Now people be honest, with all the time and money spent, advancement made, U-17 and senior WC reached, Brazillian coaches added and players exported across the world and still our football is worse off than it was 25 to 30 years ago! Something is very wrong!!!!

don't make your fanciful schoolboy eyes of 30 years ago deceive you... we were very inadequate then and are inadequate now

calling the team garbage is not the way to go...they had a poor game... yes... but improved in the 2nd half with numerous & clear chances esp #7 Foster?

who failed the yutes? Is a 3 week pit stop in Brazil sufficient to develop a national team??
    Last edited by Don1; March 30, 2011, 01:33 AM.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Truth is its a garbage shitstem ,with all that said , the youths showed a clueless fight , it was like fighting in the dark for the youths , clueless and painful.

Something must be done about the enviroment that produces that crap.Well the miracle wasnt achieved this time around .

Sensi to keep it in perspective , 2 weeks in Brazil should iron out 20 years of ingrained bad habits.

It hurts , buth the truth sometimes hurts.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It's time we face up to reality. Unfortunately, like with other things, the USA is our immediate answer to help solve our problems. The quicker we start to look north, the quicker we will grow. The one amazing character trait that Jamaicans possess is that we are very quick learners. With 2 years of meaningful effort, we should be able to start holding our own and dominating our CONCACAF neighbours.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Our "great" high school players have been getting thrashed at the CONCACAF level for decades. High school football obviously looked better then because the top players were on the same teams, now you have a million teams.

Comment

If the boyz spent 2 weeks in the usa expect,6 love,the brazilian camp identified our problems,expecting it to be rectified in two weeks is asking for a mi.............!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

School boy football ..... thats whats keeping us back. But HEY!!!!!
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

it looked better then because we viewed it thru naive eyes
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                  It's time we face up to reality. Unfortunately, like with other things, the USA is our immediate answer to help solve our problems. The quicker we start to look north, the quicker we will grow. The one amazing character trait that Jamaicans possess is that we are very quick learners. With 2 years of meaningful effort, we should be able to start holding our own and dominating our CONCACAF neighbours.
                  This paragraph went off the rails with the final sentence.
                  "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                  - Xavi

Comment

and I'm sure you heard the talk that skill cole is better than Pele. Man do some wickid tings wid ball playing for Vere tech.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                      and I'm sure you heard the talk that skill cole is better than Pele. Man do some wickid tings wid ball playing for Vere tech.

Yuh nuh ... I recall a dominant Charlie Smith Manning Cup team, yet how many of those players went on to star at the int'l level? Andy Williams' Manning Cup team ... how many of them went on to make the national team?

No ... we nuh waan mess wid tradition.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You must truly be naive to think school boy football is the problem? I would think its the administration of school boy footbal..yah think?

Comment

I agree with X on this one. As I have said before, we should not pin our national development on schoolboy football. ISSA is not responsible to develop our NATIONAL footballing program. For those of you who keep blaming our stagnation on schoolboy football, you are all identifying the symptoms and not the root of the disease.
                          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                            You must truly be naive to think school boy football is the problem? I would think its the administration of school boy footbal..yah think?

If I'm naive so be it .... based on the trends, school boy football is getting us no where. We need to move our focus from School boy football to Youth Development.

Comment

Have to put things into context. First wehave to see that Ja's high school league is just a rec league and it's very inadequate for int'l football.

Now looking at the facts below (terms of scoring chances) Ja has to seriously address the issue of sports psychology. Ja also need to address the fundamentals of the game. Right now any US team can hold the ball and pass it aropound for longer period than that of Ja's team. This says something about our game.

U-20 Boyz suffer bitter defeat to Guatemala
                              Miss chances; finish game with 10 men
                              Sean Williams @ the CONCACAF U-20 Championship in Guatemala
                              Wednesday, March 30, 2011

GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala – Jamaica's junior Reggae Boyz's dream for a place in their age-group World Cup was thrown in a tailspin when they went crashing to hosts Guatemala in their Group A CONCACAF Under-20 Championship match at the Mateo Flores Stadium here last night.

The visitors went behind in the ninth minute when defender Jhamie Hyde, in an effort to clear the ball, steered it into his own goal.
                              GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala --- Jamaica defender Jhamie Hyde (background) prepares to launch a tackle on Guatemala goalscorer Gerson Lima during their CONCACAF Under-20 Championship Group A match at the Mateo Flores National Stadium here Tuesday night. Guatemala won 2-0. (Photo: Mexsport)

GUATEMALA CITY, Guatemala --- Jamaica defender Jhamie Hyde (background) prepares to launch a tackle on Guatemala goalscorer Gerson Lima during their CONCACAF Under-20 Championship Group A match at the Mateo Flores National Stadium here Tuesday night. Guatemala won 2-0. (Photo: Mexsport)

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
                              1/1

Guatemala's account was doubled when Gerson Lima took advantage in the 35th of a terrible give-away in the danger area by Jamaica skipper, Sergio Campbell, who was substituted at half-time.
                              The bitter result now forces Jamaica into a must-win against Honduras in their final preliminary match at the same venue tomorrow.
                              Though they lacked overall conviction and purpose for the most part, the Jamaicans came alive in the second half and were forced to play with a man short after Hyde picked up his second yellow card and was consequently given his marching orders in the 73rd.
                              Were it not for their profligacy in front of goal, which has haunted them throughout their three-week training camp in Brazil, the scores could have easily favoured the Jamaican cause. The main culprit for the young Boyz was the man billed as the team's 'top striker', Craig Foster.
                              He had clearcut chances in the 63rd, 72nd, 77th and 84th minute, but his finishing in the most promising of situations left much to be desired.
                              He was not alone.
                              Also missing a decent opportunity in the 26th minute was Neco Brett, who could not beat Guatemala's goalkeeper Jose Morales from 16 yards and who had to watch his shot crash onto the crossbar from that distance.
                              Substitute Allan Ottey also favoured the woodwork with a powerful blast in the 59th minute and, like the other missed chances, all the situations required were a little finesse.
                              In the opening match of last night's double header, the United States kickstarted their campaign with a polished 4-0 win over Suriname to take an early lead in Group B, a result which was of great interest for Jamaica, because should they advance to the knockout stage, they will engage opponents from that zone.
                              The four top finishers of the 12-nation tournament will earn places to the FIFA Under-20 World Cup set for Colombia from July 29 to August 20.
                              Buy your copy of tomorrow's Observer to read the full report...

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1I5hrOTGW

Comment

Working...
                              X