View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2021, 04:14 AM
Reggae 5 Star General

I think they have some good players, and if managed effectively & efficiently could make a serious run for a 2022 WCQ spot. This will be the busiest year in CONCACAF men's soccer, so Jamaica will have to be very careful how they use their First Team/Squad players - there's Gold Cup, Nations League & WCQ, and when you factor in a full professional club season, you could see a lot of fatigue & injuries, so the better CONCACAF teams should be preparing their best players for WCQ.
Based on my limited knowledge of the ReggaeBoyz player pool, and using a 4-3-2-1 formation:
GK: Andre Blake (one of the best in CONCACAF, capable of starting for ANY team in the region)
LB: Kemar Lawrence (was one of the best in CONCACAF, but I notice that he hasn't been getting much starts, & I haven't seen reports of injury)
CB: Damion Lowe (has all the physical tools & has good performances when he plays with control)
CB: Adrian Mariappa (34 years-old, but brings a wealth of experience playing in PL and CONCACAF. Put him ahead of Hector, who is struggling for playing time, in a weak Fulham defense)
RB: Oniel Fisher (plays with more control than Powell. Presently unattached, but MLS & USL teams are interested)
LM: Daniel Johnson
DM: (still feel that the JFF should go after Isaac Hayden, and he'd be a BIG asset to the ReggaeBoyz)
RM: Bobby Decordova-Reid
LAM: Leon Bailey
RAM: Ravel Morrison
CF: Shamar Nicholson