RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

now seriously... can anyone tell me if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now seriously... can anyone tell me if...

a crime plan was presented by the gov't yet... really, i might have joking with lazie in an earlier post but now i am serious...

i recall a minister at a meeting saying that the prime minister was going to address the crime situation... can't remember which minister, if it was samuda or audley shaw...

can any of my jamaican forum friends tell me...
    'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

All me know is Mr.Smith could be well served on the Betting and Gambling commission since him have so much race horses and Froggy Mulling don't have any.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
      a crime plan was presented by the gov't yet... really, i might have joking with lazie in an earlier post but now i am serious...

i recall a minister at a meeting saying that the prime minister was going to address the crime situation... can't remember which minister, if it was samuda or audley shaw...

can any of my jamaican forum friends tell me...
      Mi realize none of yuh Jamaican friends want to answer.

You are correct, Samuda indicated that the PM would be making us aware of the crime plan.

I've knocked Derrick Smith for not doing more, however, in an interview I heard, there are things being done. He has admitted that he needs to do more to communicate what is being done. It was in that interview that I was aware that he had given Kingfish the order to go after the extortionists. It was there that I found out that one of the major players in the guns for drug trade was arrested. What else is being done? I don't know, that is if anything else is being done. Should note he did list a few more, but duty called at the time.

In the interview he indicated that they were waiting on the PSC to appoint a police commissioner. Suh, tell the PSC fi hurry up.

I for one thing that Derrick may have to be relieved of his duties as Minister of National Security cause that is the area that I am giving them a failing grade so far.
      Last edited by Lazie; November 29, 2007, 03:41 PM.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

ok.. so it was samuda... lazie a reason wi a reason... what was kingfish doing all this time... wasn't extortionists always a target of kingfish...

lazie, i am talking about a crime plan... a plan... one with a stated objective and a general methodology for achieving the objective... all due respect, whether pnp or jlp; this plan should have been implemented as the first order of business, the very least communicated to the people...

Comment

ok.. so it was samuda... lazie a reason wi a reason... what was kingfish doing all this time... wasn't extortionists always a target of kingfish...

lazie, i am talking about a crime plan... a plan... one with a stated objective and a general methodology for achieving the objective... all due respect, whether pnp or jlp; this plan should have been implemented as the first order of business, the very least communicated to the people...
          No sah, they were targeting narcotics. Sass posted the article.

You'll get no argument from me there. Why yuh think I've been knocking Derrick Smith?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

okaaaay... if that is a part of the crime plan, then can't knock it... however, i believe that was not a new directive since the last election... i believe kingfish had that as part of its strategic initiatives...

samuda set the expectation that the prime minister as 'driver' would have addressed the people with a real crime plan to break the back of criminality in jamaica, specifically gun murder... no outrage on the killings of young children in east kingston...

disappointed...

Comment

okaaaay... if that is a part of the crime plan, then can't knock it... however, i believe that was not a new directive since the last election... i believe kingfish had that as part of its strategic initiatives...

samuda set the expectation that the prime minister as 'driver' would have addressed the people with a real crime plan to break the back of criminality in jamaica, specifically gun murder... no outrage on the killings of young children in east kingston...

disappointed...
              I agree, what's up with the MacMillian plan we heard about a year or so ago.

Comment

The only thing I am hearing is that this govt. will have the will to do what the other one didn't. We all agreed on what it is the police need but nobody made it happen. Bruce dem will.

Don't expect any new crime plan. DCP Mark Shields reiterated that last night.

What I want to see is better protection of our coasts and improved security at our ports. It is widely believed that JLP thugs control the port. Well, let's fix that. We must exercise zero tolerance for the transhipment of guns and ammunition. I go as far as to say that the punishment for doing so must be lifetime imprisonment. No joke! I don't care whether we want to call it some new crime plan or to just do it without naming it, but this is what we have to do. Mek people go back to stabbing dem one anedda.

And of course, continue cleaning up the police force. When guns and ammo are hard to come by, there will be bigger bribes made to them to pass on those things. And policemen should face harsher sentences when found guilty of a crime. Nah tek back dah chat deh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

...but Baddaz ... I simply had to slap myself just now. Crime and Justice have a connection don't it? Police complain all the while that the citizens not coming forward with what they know don't it? Why? Because there is a trust issue as there is the corruption factor in the JCF.

There are some posts about moves being made by the Justice Ministry, check it out.

Comment

it is reasonable to think that with all the years the new govt was in the opposition critiquing the pnp govt crime initiatives, acknowledging the rampant crime as a barrier to prosperity, they would have offered a plan to rid the island of crime... willi, this is not a political argument... this is a reasonable expectation, in my opinion... the jlp, whom i am giving my support as the government of jamaica has fallen short in their attendance to the crime issue... like i said, its time for action... we are still waiting on the 'driver' to turn the corner...

Comment

While its still early days yet, people dont have much patience anymore and if its one thing they want for Xmas is hope that crime is being addressed as a matter of urgency!

I wish BG and company will give the people an earlyXmas gift of hope in a reduced crime scene.

Comment

Working...
                      X