Kingfish to tackle extortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingfish to tackle extortion

Operation Kingfish to tackle extortion Friday, 19 October 2007 Operation Kingfish, the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]counter[/COLOR][/COLOR] narcotics task force, established in 2004 will now be setting its sights on a new target...extortion.

This was announced by National [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Security[/COLOR][/COLOR] Minister Derrick Smith who says this is in addition to the organization's usual [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]focus[/COLOR][/COLOR] on drug trafficking and dismantling gangs.

"We have a police force that we will be looking to to provide protection to all our citizens. Citizens must resist these approaches from these extortionists. Kingfish will be moving now to break the back of extortion. Obviously we are going to need the cooperation of the big business operators, the medium-sized business people and the small vendors who are suffering in [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]silence[/COLOR][/COLOR]," said Mr. Smith.

He added with over 600 operations that have been successful, Operation Kingfish is one of the best national security projects ever introduced in [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]Jamaica[/COLOR][/COLOR].

Meanwhile, Head of Operation Kingfish, Assistant Commissioner Glenmore Hinds says although the organisation has been successful much more needs to be done.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

if them serious this is a good move as this is the first stage of Donship and gangship. this is the one major source of funding fi them activities.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X