Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums

Reggae Boyz Supporterz Club Forums (http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/index.php)
-   The Everything Jamaica Forum (http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Westman, Your thouhts on the constant Road issues in JA (http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?t=81965)

OJ November 18th, 2020 10:39 AM

Westman, Your thouhts on the constant Road issues in JA

Is Marl the right aggregate for Roads in Jamaica? It seems to me I am seeing Marl and then an inch of asphalt on top. What is the better method. In my layman opinion it seems short sighted your thoughts?

Westman November 18th, 2020 09:05 PM

totally agree with you. I am frustrated

Sir X November 20th, 2020 05:54 PM

Don't they have construction codes/ laws that penalize builders that don't comply with them ,if you build ,rehab or do any construction work that's doesnt meet the standard, you can be sued or money can be with held.

Its a racket in jamaica,or maybe the codes.and laws are weak which enables this theft..

OJ November 20th, 2020 08:40 PM

all of what you said is true. They dont seem to have a process on how roads are built. What materials, how much compacting ect... its a horror show.. I a surprise more roads dont collapse.

Assasin November 20th, 2020 09:24 PM

about a year ago Ann Marie Vaz had a contractor repair a road, only to see month after it was coming apart. She went back to him and he stated that he got a bad tar mix. She had him do it over again.

So it seems like the mix could also be a problem in these case and how many parliamentarians hold these contractors responsible? What is the standard for the mix? What is the standard for Marl, stones, concrete mix and asphault mix???

Jangle November 22nd, 2020 02:23 PM

When me see them a build roads here, me see them lay the aggregate so thick it looks like at least three roads on top

OJ November 22nd, 2020 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jangle (Post 610133)
When me see them a build roads here, me see them lay the aggregate so thick it looks like at least three roads on top

True I see it here too, sometimes you think the road is done before they even put on the top surface. I also think road design , slopes. run off flood mitigation is not considered. I remember being in Orlando and admiring the collection ponds they have to mitigate flooding. Same to a certain extent downtown Houston.if the people in the NWA can hire consultant who can design it.

Assasin November 22nd, 2020 07:55 PM

It is not that we can't design it because most of old roads had run off and drains although you wouldn't know as many is not cleaned for decades and they are buried.

It cost more to have proper drainage and while most politicians in just interested in what seems to be "something done" and the least it cost that maybe how the bidding is done. Proper policies need to be not only put in place but followed. An example is the North Coast highway, when they build it there is a bridge in Port Maria which they lowered and it now make the town more vulnerable to flooding but it would cost more to make the bridge higher, they get new road but who care about a few people flooded out?

OJ November 23rd, 2020 04:13 PM

I am not sure if we do but I can be convinced.

Assasin November 23rd, 2020 05:25 PM

OJ, we may need help in some area but in the 70s the roads were done much better and lasted longer. It may not have been big bridges but the internal roads were in much better shape, with drains and good asphalt mix, but it was mostly done by PWD and not politician friends. Between Jamaica and the diaspora we can do better.