Thanks brooklyn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks brooklyn

Maxwell the wickedest artist out of that borough. The bredrin just she'll down t.

No lie!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
      Maxwell the wickedest artist out of that borough. The bredrin just she'll down t.
      And he has been around for a long time.

It's his uniqueness that makes him special. He is not into the commercial type sound and music.

Have what could be his first CD since the early 2000. (Will have to check).
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

He brought back soulful funk

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Don't know what you think of D'Angelo.

I like his unique style and sound. It appears he has quite a wide range in music.

His is not the commercial approach. Would love to see him in concert...his thoughts in music reminds me of Herbie Hancock(?)....................not ordinary.

This is D'Angelo being more 'earthly'.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...AF11&FORM=VIRE

HL

Comment

I rate D Angelo but he is not consistent. The brown sugar album was probably his only remarkable work. Maxwell is one who is not into the hype but just making music. Usually I don't like paying to see an artist more than once but maxwell is in a different league. I saw Patti labelleb in buffalo a few years back and she is one that you leave saying wow.. Just as clean as the record .

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              I rate D Angelo but he is not consistent. The brown sugar album was probably his only remarkable work. Maxwell is one who is not into the hype but just making music. Usually I don't like paying to see an artist more than once but maxwell is in a different league. I saw Patti labelleb in buffalo a few years back and she is one that you leave saying wow.. Just as clean as the record .
              I'ts his range I think that causes the inconsistency you mentioned.

D'Angelo genre is R&B. if you listen to his albums, I clear he pushes and ventures into unique sounds. I quite enjoy all the songs on his CD called Voodoo.

HL

Comment

What else would make him special?

Comment

Working...
                X