Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman , interesting article on polling

Top Pollster YouGov: How We Got the British Election So Wrong
    One of Britain’s leading polling firms apologizes for its awful performance in the British election and welcomes a full industry-wide inquiry into their failings.
    LONDON — Britain woke up to its very own “Dewey Defeats Truman” moment Friday when Prime Minister David Cameron did what the pollsters said was impossible and won an outright parliamentary majority.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-so-wrong.html
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

When I saw the results I remembered the 1992 British polls being very wrong about John Major losing as well. They obviously have some flaws in their polling process over there.

I don't buy the explanation of the first-past-the-post electoral system making it that more difficult to poll as Carl Stone was able to accurately predict our elections quite consistently. I could more understand multi-party polling being more complex. The problem is they were so way off that you get the feeling the problem is something more fundamental than that.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
    X