X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carolyn Cooper's Sunday AM KC humor

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/2...cleisure3.html
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Somehow I doubt it will be taken as such by many in the Fortis community.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Comment

Looks like she's trying to be relevant.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

One person's humorous words are another person's fighting words. The piece is provocative and a bit flawed.

Many past student associations have several days or a weekend's worth of activities. Mine has an annual business meeting, a guys' meeting over drinks and food, the formal dinner with invited guests, and other functions. I wonder why the KC Old Boys don't think of planning something similar. It would allow them the opportunity for their boys only meeting and also allow them to have their dinner with invited guests, spouses, etc. More importantly, it would end the negative discussions which were spawned by their dinner decision. There is just so much for them to do that it is sad that this issue continues to overshadow.

Comment

I agree. I see nothing wrong with having a male-only event but when it is a formal dinner and a major fundraising event with sponsors, etc, it seems unusual to me.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It is inappropriate satire in a Jamaican context.
              The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

She ruff puppa

Just suppose you're a woman who's been invited to the KC old boys' dinner by one Mr Fortis. You accept, on the assumption that your old boy actually enjoys your company. On the night of the affair, you're dressed to puss back foot and you know you're looking good. But after a while, you notice that Fortis not paying yu bad mind.

Female intuition kicks in and it comes to you in a cold flash. Much to your vexation, you realise that you're actually an unwelcome intrusion. Your old boy's body may be next to you but his eyes are roving the room, looking for the real objects of his desire: his faithful companions from way back when.
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Remember one O'Jays tune from back in the day....

"Your body's here with me, but your minds on the other side of...the room???"

DWL!!

Comment

It might be inappropriate but it is up to the KCOBA to manage their PR and not let outsiders poking of fun continue to overshadow their important agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Remember one O'Jays tune from back in the day....

"Your body's here with me, but your minds on the other side of...the room???"

DWL!!
                      yeah...ah big chune dat... I hope for KC's sake nuhbaddy cut a Fortis Bend but nuh Yield chune pon a *****Rider riddim

What she has to done will unfortunately expose the Fortis Crew to nuff ridicule on the street. In the Jamaican environment that is a most unfortunate label. The fact that it was a satirical piece will of course be irrelevant
                      Last edited by Don1; November 9, 2014, 03:52 PM.
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
                        Looks like she's trying to be relevant.
                        When did she become irrelevant?!??

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Westman View Post
                          It might be inappropriate but it is up to the KCOBA to manage their PR and not let outsiders poking of fun continue to overshadow their important agenda.
                          Yes, the PR machinery needs an update but this sort of intellectual f___kry has no place in Jamaica.
                          Last edited by Time; November 9, 2014, 06:29 PM.
                          The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Extremely funny!
                            The KC Old Boys who are 'down' with the 'no females allowed' are 'straight-up' clowns!!!!
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The controversy is irrelevant in my books, the man dem can do what them want with them event, the real issue is that nasty, indecent, low headline/title for the piece. unacceptable!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X