My situation update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My situation update

It’s now almost two weeks (Wednesday) days and two bandage changes since I’ve been home. I continue to improve. The skin graft is growing nicely and the doctor only put a light bandage on it on Saturday (my second bandage change since the graft). The doctor says that I can even remove the bandage on my right leg and let it “air” after a couple of days (probably do that tomorrow). In a couple weeks I should be able to have it exposed (normal) permanently.

The donor area on the left thigh is also healing but he doesn’t want us to touch that one. I see him next Saturday again. If I could post pics of my leg from Sep 22 and now...what a difference! then my leg looked like a piece of rotten meat, now, the skin has started to regrow and is beginning to look almost normal.

My wife continues to be a tower of strength. She hasn’t ceased to amaze me throughout this ordeal and I must say I am truly blessed to have her as my wife.

My mom came in last Saturday and at it’s amazing what she is capable of at her age (83 next month). In addition to Robyn who is the backbone of our lives now, my mother is now added to my arsenal of supporters. She is my spiritual guide, nurse (she administered my anti-coagulant injections), cook and physiotherapist all rolled into one. I cannot begin to thank her enough for coming to be with us at this at this time.

My challenge now is re-learning to walk. I still can't get my right foot flat so I can't put weight on it to be able to take a step. I am doing a stretching exercise every hour and a half now, but I have to be careful as the foot is swollen...build up of lymphatic fluid as my leg lost a lot of the lymphatic channels that would drain it. I am aiming to be mobile before my mom leaves in mid-November.

Wish me luck!
    Peter R

Good luck brother, Keep on fighting.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nice man ... nuff prayers out dere fi yuh ... btw did you say "Arsenal"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
        It’s now almost two weeks (Wednesday) days and two bandage changes since I’ve been home. I continue to improve. The skin graft is growing nicely and the doctor only put a light bandage on it on Saturday (my second bandage change since the graft). The doctor says that I can even remove the bandage on my right leg and let it “air” after a couple of days (probably do that tomorrow). In a couple weeks I should be able to have it exposed (normal) permanently.

The donor area on the left thigh is also healing but he doesn’t want us to touch that one. I see him next Saturday again. If I could post pics of my leg from Sep 22 and now...what a difference! then my leg looked like a piece of rotten meat, now, the skin has started to regrow and is beginning to look almost normal.

My wife continues to be a tower of strength. She hasn’t ceased to amaze me throughout this ordeal and I must say I am truly blessed to have her as my wife.

My mom came in last Saturday and at it’s amazing what she is capable of at her age (83 next month). In addition to Robyn who is the backbone of our lives now, my mother is now added to my arsenal of supporters. She is my spiritual guide, nurse (she administered my anti-coagulant injections), cook and physiotherapist all rolled into one. I cannot begin to thank her enough for coming to be with us at this at this time.

My challenge now is re-learning to walk. I still can't get my right foot flat so I can't put weight on it to be able to take a step. I am doing a stretching exercise every hour and a half now, but I have to be careful as the foot is swollen...build up of lymphatic fluid as my leg lost a lot of the lymphatic channels that would drain it. I am aiming to be mobile before my mom leaves in mid-November.

Wish me luck!
        All the best!
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Nice,wishing you the best Peter R.
          Thanks for the good news,we were all affected....

Comment

My challenge now is re-learning to walk.
            Looks like yuh going to have to walk alone, mi bredda. At least for a little while.

YNWA!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know. That's why he's going to have to walk alone!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wish me luck!
                Fi yuh respek concrete an' grill up like one Bridgeport house
                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

That should have been my " 'pool " of supporters...
                  Peter R

Comment

Keep on chugging Peter.

Glad you are on the mend.

Comment

Good hear you are improving! You will be back on your feet in no time.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Jah blessing, strength an guidance innah di I recovery. Blessed love

Comment

Good to hear, keep it up.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

One day at a time Peter R. As long as you are moving in the right direction you should get there eventually.

Blessings to you and your family in this challenging time.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I take it that this is an autologous graft ?

Nothing, absolutely nothing beats family PR!!

"Steady as she goes".

I was on the team that developed this artificial skin. I worked for Integra Lifesciences for over 12 years.

BTW: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...02&FORM=IQFRBA
                              Last edited by HL; October 28, 2014, 05:29 PM.
                              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X