HL, Must see TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL, Must see TV

So I've been using my down time to catch up on some of my favourites series. As a serious TV watcher like myself HL, here are some new recommendations for you:

Master of Sex - Showtime
    Veep - HBO
    Silicon Valley - HBO
    Penny Dreadful - Showtime
    Tyrant - FX

and House of Lies on Netflix is worth subscribing. I haven't gotten around to watching the latest craze Orange is the New Black yet.

Again, OnDemand is probably the greatest invention of the 21th century.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I ongle subscribe to HBO.

Veep, I have seen a few episodes--but have not gotten into it.

Silicon Valley is fairly new. have not seen any...

Heard good reviews about House of lies.

I am kinda a political junkie. When I get home in the evenings, i'll tune into MSNBC, CNN, FOX, BBC, and al Jazeera.

On week-end is when I do the shows.

Currently watching the final episodes in the series True Blood. What a darn disappointment. I continue to follow only because i have seen all the previous series.

I look forward to the HBO saturday night Movie. Gravity was on last week. And of course, I NEVER miss HBO Boxing.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      So I've been using my down time to catch up on some of my favourites series. As a serious TV watcher like myself HL, here are some new recommendations for you:

Master of Sex - Showtime
      Veep - HBO
      Silicon Valley - HBO
      Penny Dreadful - Showtime
      Tyrant - FX

and House of Lies on Netflix is worth subscribing. I haven't gotten around to watching the latest craze Orange is the New Black yet.

Again, OnDemand is probably the greatest invention of the 21th century.
      Master of Sex - I found provocative! ...and mighty interesting!
      Based on true activities. - That joining of enjoying/immersing self in great sex(ual intercourse) and scientific research is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

A search of the two main characters and some info on the research findings is worth doing.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Silicon Valley is good and so is Veep. They are both very funny. Since you are a political junkie, (like myself to a lesser degree) you will enjoy House of Lies which is set in the hallways of Capitol Hill. Highly recommended. True Blood is a real disappointment over the last 2 seasons. Like many of these hit shows, the writers go overboard and lose the essence of what made these shows into hits. I remember Heroes went downhill after the second season so did Fringe.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Master of Sex I find intriguing to see how the mindset of society evolved over the years, regarding sex.

On side note: most of the shows that I recommend gets nominated or win Emmys.

Comment

penny dreadful looks interesting but it seems like the kina show that you cannot start watching in the middle of the series

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

So what about "Power" on Starz?
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

You're right Gamma, you need to start from the beginning.

Comment

Power, looks good too, but I like to wait until a show gets deep into the season so I can watch back-to-back episodes in one go. DaVinci's Demons on Starz is good too, not too deep, but entertaining.

Comment

I think some of the shows "OnDemand" gives the entire series. I know it does with another I follow faithfully "Game of Thrones".
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

so you follow game of thrones eh?

your favourite character (dead or alive) is?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Difficult to pick...so many wonderful characters.
                        Tyrion Lannister fascinates!

I love Daenerys Targaryen - The Mother of Dragons!

Comment

Arria Stark and Jon Snow for me.

Comment

The (late) King Joeffrey was my favorite character.

He was a little pieca-shyte! I could not stand the bwoy.

If you recall in the second series (I think), he was still suckling on his mothers tits as a grown boy. He as spoiled and annoying as hell.

Now that Joeffrey is gone Tyrion Lannister is my new favorite. Hope he survives for the upcoming series. (The entire cast are excellent actors).
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I think you mean House of Cards with Kevin Spacey. That is definitely a must watch. House of lies is just ok, don cheadle is the star, it airs on showtime.

Another must watch in my opinion is Boardwalk Empire. Its been around for about 5 seasons now.

Comment

Working...
                              X