X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sass and Portland.

European To Invest In Portland
    Published: Saturday | January 18, 2014 0 Comments
    Downes enjoying a picturesque view in Portland.
    Downes enjoying a picturesque view in Portland.
    1 2 >
    Gareth Davis Sr, Gleaner Writer

PORTLAND:

In search of 'paradise' on Earth, Paul Downes, a European investor and philanthropist who reportedly fell in love with the parish of Portland, is proposing to construct a pyramid made of marble at the Folly Ruins.

Downes, who is also a self-acclaimed adventurer, said he was captivated by the natural beauty of the eastern parish and its friendly people during his first visit 15 years ago.

"I knew that I had found what I was looking for," Downes said.

He added, "I have been travelling extensively worldwide in search of a place of natural beauty, but when I landed in Portland, I realised that after many years of searching, I had found paradise at last. I spent one year in Montego Bay, and the locals said Portland was more beautiful. I also spent time in Ocho Rios, and my third visit was to Port Antonio. I knew then that I had reached my destination. Portland will be my home and I will be investing heavily in this place of beauty."

According to Downes, after 15 years, he has established a good and friendly relationship with residents in Long Bay, San San, and Fairy Hill, where he spent time visiting several beauty spots and tourist-attraction sites.

He noted that every beauty spot in Portland has been visited by him, from the Blue Mountains to the Blue Lagoon, which he has described as "the most amazing lagoon in the world".

According to Downes, the two most amazing waterfalls on Earth are Reach Falls and Somerset, and three of the best beaches are at San San, Frenchman's Cove, and Long Bay. Captivated by what he described as "a parish of pristine beauty and a virgin paradise", Downes is now making last-minute preparations to have approximately 600 million cubic feet of marble shipped to Jamaica to fulfil his lifelong dream of constructing houses made out of marble for Portlanders.

Sharing his wealth

Downes pointed out that 1.8 billion cubic feet of the most beautiful marble on Earth - located in his quarry in Florence, Alabama, in the United States - was given to him by God for a specific reason. It is against that background that he has decided to share his wealth with the people of the paradise parish.

Downes added: "There will be enough marble to build everyone a home with marble on the inside and on the outside. I will build the Great Marble Pyramid at the Folly Ruins property, along with a meeting place for all in Portland. I will also build a 279-suite Ritz-Carlton hotel and spa on Navy Island. The work will begin in October 2015 and there will be full employment in Portland. Marble is not only the most beautiful rock in the world, but it shall stand for all eternity."

rural@gleanerjm.com
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Sounds good. Hope he will get the cooperation of the people and the authorities and get it going.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
    X