• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay-Z Raps About Cuba Trip, Getting Obama ‘Impeached’

Jay-Z Raps About Cuba Trip, Getting Obama ‘Impeached’

Email0Smaller FontTextLarger Text|Print

By Lesley Messer

Apr 11, 2013 12:00pm

(Image Credit: Photo credit: Ramon Espinosa/AP Photo)

Jay-Z is well aware of the controversy that his recent trip to Cuba with wife Beyoncé caused, but judging by his new song, “Open Letter,” he’s not too concerned about it.
    “Politicians never did s–t for me/Except lie to me, distort history,” he raps in the nearly three-minute song. “Obama said, ‘Chill, you, gonna get me impeached. . . . We don’t need this s–t anyway, chill with me on the beach.”
    Still, the trip was government-sanctioned. Jay-Z, 43, and Beyoncé, 31, spent a few days in Havana last week under a licensed program that encourages “meaningful contacts” with Cubans. And make contact they did.
    The power couple was spotted dining at a popular local restaurant, chatting with children and enjoying their time in the tropical country. And according to Jay-Z, who rapped that he “turned Havana to Atlanta” with “Guayabera shirts and bandanas,” the trip was significant for him, too.
    “I’m in Cuba, I love Cubans,” he continues. “This communist talk is so confusing/When it’s from China, the very mic that I’m using.”

THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3x8wL532m4

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

This communist talk is so confusing/When it’s from China, the very mic that I’m using.
      LOL!! So true.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Funny when other hollywood celebrities visit Cuba its nothing ,they cant justify the embargo anymore , they trade with CHINA & VIETNAM , so why not cuba ?

Comment

Well, he is from the Land of the Free!

sigh

Like I said, all those who have a problem with the trip, what the hell they gonna do about it?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

He has rapped about worse things anyway, including rapping about selling crack & smoking dope. He is a former crack dealer & gun tooting gangster.
            Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

“This communist talk is so confusing/When it’s from China, the very mic that I’m using.”

Comment

wicked line... if you been to cuba you will fall in love... the people dem just give black people and Jamacian nuff love.

Comment

Only that they can't go to their own hotel. Where is Jawge?
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

you mean like how the youth dem over flankers can walk across the road to sandals.

Comment

This thread is pure jokes...man a fall all over demself fi a eediat Jay Z raps song...and tun up dem nose at dancehall...

"some people go to farrin...they see things they never see before...worry dem a worry dem a worry dem farrin mind...good god dem mussi blind..."

Comment

no my youth you miss it.. I have been to cuba a few times and love it.. love the people.. So i see it how Jay Z see it. Now about the music.. seriously, I can hardly find a decent new tune to add to my collection Its most about what of yesteryear that i can go back and find.. nothing good comming now but the same is true in R&B and soul and Hip Hop.. its all Junk.. They are a few youth out of JA i think have talent but some a dem a idiat... Mi see khago pon tv a mek a fool a himself... killer a comedian... and chronix and the new one dem dont really have the talent... I think we need to go back to the real sound system days when man haffi dj til dem bell hurt before producer waste time with them or waste them money pon studio time..

Comment

Working...
                        X