• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'I lied to the police'

'I lied to the police'

BY PAUL HENRY Co-ordinator — Crime/Court Desk henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Thursday, March 14, 2013

A witness yesterday testified in the murder trial of Arnett Gardens FC head coach Sergeant Calvin Lewis that he had lied to investigators when he told them he had witnessed Lewis gun down the deceased at the National Stadium.

He told jurors in the Home Circuit Court that he was coerced to do it by two men in his Arnett Gardens, St Andrew community.

In explaining how he came to lie, the witness said that he was waiting to give his statement about the April 1998 shooting of Hapete Henry, during a football match at the stadium, to the police when two men approached him to say that businessman George Phang wanted to see him.
    He said that the two told him to tell investigators that he had witnessed the shooting. At the time, he said, his community was "under order" and there were "some leaders that people had to look up to".
    According to the prosecution, the shooting occurred during a match-up between Arnett Gardens FC and Seba United of Montego Bay.
    Lewis wasn't part of the football club at the time of the incident.
    Yesterday, the witness testified that, on the day in question, he heard an explosion and turned around to see Henry on the ground and Lewis — standing about 39 feet away — holding his own head from which blood was streaming. He said that blood was coming from the region of Henry's belly and that members of the crowd took him up and rushed him to hospital.
    The witness told jurors that he never saw Lewis with a gun, but that spectators in the grandstand area of the stadium kept repeating: "Yuh see how yuh shot di yout'."
    Meanwhile, Phang was scheduled to testify for the prosecution after the luncheon break, but counsel for the Crown Joan Barnett asked the court for an adjournment until today as the police could not locate him.
    Lewis is being represented by Queen's Counsel K Churchill Neita, Delano Harrison, QC, and Junior Counsel Renae Barker.
    The trial continues today.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz2NY0VnDjx
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Interesting. Mi think a only Tivoli one things like this happen.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That's the most idiotic statement you've made in years!

Up to now you cannot see the difference between the Tivoli Gardens garrison and others.

You would NEVER have gotten such news from TG because police were not allowed in that enclave!!! Can't you get it?!??

So, no one said things didn't happen elsewhere. You LIE when you imply such crap!

Recognise the difference, Sass! If able!!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What ever you wish Mo. My opinion is just that. To me there is not much differnce between these garrisons. They are infested with crime and the major driver of criminality in Jamaica.

Comment

lol... Not much diffrance between di Tivarli Mother of ALL Garrisons an odda garrison?? Yu ave sense yute?

Well yuh mussi nuh dat familiar wid town suh wi cyan si wid yuh
          Last edited by Don1; March 15, 2013, 09:28 AM.
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

You have fi see with Sass is years now him have a search party looking for the torture chamber in Jungle and all now dem can't find it. Keep hope alive.

Comment

yuhzimi
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

don't be naive

Comment

Working...
                X