RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shelly don't understand her own people? Leopards!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shelly don't understand her own people? Leopards!!

Jamaican don;t back losers. The only time defeat is acceptable is when everyone in front of you is a Jamaican. Shelly and Asafa, If you come 3rd then make sure its a Jamaican 1, 2, 3!

100m champion Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce is appealing to Jamaican fans reminding them that athletes are human beings too and need the love and support of their compatriots when the going gets tough.

“We love our country and we love that we have so many fans, but some of our fans can get so sensitive... We have so much things as an athlete doing...
    Fraser-Pryce

Fraser-Pryce

#slideshowtoggler, #slideshowtoggler a, #slideshowtoggler img {filter:none !important;zoom:normal !important}
    1/1

“We’re not going to run good everyday. We’re going to have a down day. But it’s not that day for you to be telling us, ‘Oh, you’re worthless, you’re not supposed to be doing that’... instead of saying, ‘Good luck next time. All the best when it comes again’,” Fraser-Pryce reasoned.
    “They’re not there when we’re training. They don’t know how early we wake in the morning, what we’re eating; you just see the end result. There’s a beginning and a middle. We want Jamaicans to be there in the beginning, the middle, and the end, no matter what,” the diminutive athlete argued.
    Fraser-Pryce’s MVP Track Club training mate and 2009 World Championships 100m bronze medallist Asafa Powell may be the athlete who has suffered the most from the vagaries of the Jamaican public in the 10-plus years of his professional career.
    In fact, when Fraser-Pryce won the Olympic gold medal in Beijing nearly four years ago, she dedicated her performance to the former world record-holder who finished fifth in the Men’s 100m final the previous day after being expected to place in the top three.
    “What is for you is for you and it cannot be for somebody else, and if is not for him, is not for him; but he has done so much, so if you’re going to judge a man based on a gold medal, then I guess that you’re doing something wrong.
    “They’re so many persons who have done so well but have not got that gold medal. Asafa has done so much for us and I know that one day he will get that medal that he deserves.
    “He is a fine Jamaican who worked hard and he has been the forerunner for so long. I guess persons forget easily,” Fraser-Pryce told the Observer.
    The former Wolmer’s Girls’ athlete also understands the challenges, being a full-time student as well as a professional athlete. However, she said her training has been organised to facilitate concentration on her final year of studies.
    “I just try to focus on what’s important for me and what’s important for me is school and trying to get that degree. The same discipline that you apply to track and field, you apply to school, and I have support: my coach is also a supportive person... if you have supportive persons, I think that will help,” she said.
    Fraser-Pryce was a wide-eyed 21-year-old when she won the marquee Women’s Olympic sprint title in 2008 when not much was expected of her. In fact, at one point she faced great opposition to maintian her spot in the short dash as it was a widespread notion that she should have ceded her spot to the more experienced Veronica Campbell Brown.
    It’s now four years later and having also won the sprint crown at the 2009 IAAF World Championships in Berlin, Fraser-Pryce has become the fastest Jamaican woman ever over the distance.
    Fraser-Pryce knows the bar has been set much higher as she prepares for the 2012 Olympic Games in London, England, but is banking on her experience gained over the past four years.
    “I’ve learned to be patient; I’ve learned to be calm. Whenever I go out, instead of doubting myself, I believe in myself. There were times at the Olympics I was doubting myself because most persons didn’t want me there, but then I said I have nothing to lose.
    “I try to apply the same thing. I have nothing to lose; I have everything to gain and that’s the effort I’ve put out in every track meet I go to,” she said, adding that time has healed those wounds of yesteryear.
    “I wasn’t bitter. I was angry that our nation wanted me to come out and give somebody else my spot without even giving me a chance, but I’m not angry anymore,” she explained.
    As she looks ahead to London in the next five or so months, she is satisfied that preparations are going according to plan.
    “Training has been going good. I’m trying to make sure that everything is right for that day because injuries can be a next story.
    “I’ve been staying home, drinking my fluids, making sure I’m getting rest because it’s an Olympic year,” she declared.

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...#ixzz1p0Kr9rHb
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

The word is

WAGGONISM.

Comment

While I sympathize with her, I think the complaint against Asafa is that he never seems to be giving his best. We Jamaicans pride ourselves as a nation of people who will fight to the very end and work hard for what we want. Watching Asafa stopping or slowing down and pulling out when he doubts he will win is viewed negatively. Asafa only performs when the competition is weak and he has a great chance to win…That said, Shelly, I’m a big fan, love you all the way..wish you never married though

Comment

Originally posted by Plush View Post
        While I sympathize with her, I think the complaint against Asafa is that he never seems to be giving his best. We Jamaicans pride ourselves as a nation of people who will fight to the very end and work hard for what we want. Watching Asafa stopping or slowing down and pulling out when he doubts he will win is viewed negatively. Asafa only performs when the competition is weak and he has a great chance to win…That said, Shelly, I’m a big fan, love you all the way..wish you never married though
        I love her too, did not want to mention that marriage word, sadly marriage and track and female don't seem to work for most of the females or it takes some time for them to recover. How is Sanya Richards doing lately?
        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Marriage cyaan save her.. when mi ready yute haffi step one-side..

Comment

asafa a hide behind shelly ann skirt!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Asafa doesn't have the heart of a true warrior/champion.

Comment

i am a critic of his for that reason but mainly because he promises so much and is CAPABLE but as you say, he is not of a warrior heart

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He needs the heart of a Danny McFarlane
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                    Marriage cyaan save her.. when mi ready yute haffi step one-side..

Ready for what? More sex? Perhaps its too much sex that makes these female can't run once they get married and sleeping with a man everynight. You know what the new toy syndrome?

Comment

Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

....mek me leave dis post ya alone.....
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tek time tip toe.... LoL

Comment

Wi just criticize to dam much dats it, plus did criticism always negative when it come to wi own. She right yes, if smaddy down wi jus step pan dem ah nuh business, but when dem up wi all ovah dem, a hypocrite mi call dat. Jus like how wi star struck wid pale, numerous times tings come out pan yah bout pale gainst black not a wud wi eben will defend pale, But mek a wi own duh sumpn, a crucifiction trait.

Comment

den is how yuh jus' a criticise suh?

Comment

Working...
                              X