Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look like Obama rough up a bwoy last night

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/...lks/index.html

Cantor claimed the Obama became "very agitated and said I've sat here long enough -- that no other president -- Ronald Reagan -- would sit here like this -- and that he's reached the point that something's gotta give."

Obama called for Republicans to compromise on either their insistence that a debt-ceiling hike must be matched dollar-for-dollar by spending cuts or on their opposition to any kind of tax increase, Cantor said.

"And he said to me, 'Eric, don't call my bluff.' He said 'I'm going to the American people with this,'" Cantor quoted Obama as saying.

"I was somewhat taken aback," Cantor said. When he continued to press the issue, Cantor said, Obama "shoved back from the table, said 'I'll see you tomorrow' and walked out."

Democratic sources provided a different take on the exchange, saying Obama cut off Cantor at the end after the GOP leader changed from his previously held position against a short-term extension of the debt ceiling.

Obama responded that he'd veto such a temporary measure, according to the sources, then went on to say that what was happening in the negotiations confirmed the worst of what the American people think about Washington.

According to the sources, Obama expressed frustration with the unwillingness of congressional Republicans to compromise and called on them to stop posturing and catering to their bases. He then ended the meeting, the Democratic sources said.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nevada, said Thursday that "Cantor has shown he shouldn't even be at the table, and Republicans agree he shouldn't be at the table."
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

mi a tell unnu a long time him fi do it. Watch the difference now how them start tek him serious now.

yeah man a so it go. Now the Reb leader them a backtrack and a tell them people that if them nuh vote for the debt limit it means that them voting for Obama.

STAND UP INNA FIRE Mr President and don't back down.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Them ranks starting to break down.

Crybaby Boehner was trying a ting and dem box him up and send him go siddung, then McConnell can't tek the heat and a start panic.

Mek we see if Cantor and the teabaggers will stand up to the big money Republicans when the clock start tick down and Wall Street get nervous.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

LOL!!!! mi a tell unnuh LONG TIME seh dem have NO idea who dem a deal wid!!! is thinking ahead of them every step of the way ... the next stage is for them to get nervous because they do not know what to expect.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Him woulda play a wikid game a domino, nuh true?

Comment

a longtime him fi box up di bwoy dem. Them get too mighty. Them a play wid a dead hand.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

timing ... is KEY!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
              X