• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady faces heavy penalty for refusing testimony

Harold Brady defiant during Dudus/Manatt enquiry
    Lawyer to be charged for refusing to participate in probe
    BY PAUL HENRY Crime/Court co-ordinator henryp@jamaicaobserver.com
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ATTORNEY Harold Brady yesterday refused to take a single question during the Dudus/Manatt Commission of Enquiry, despite the commissioners ruling that he should give evidence or face prosecution.

"My position in this matter has been stated by my attorney. That remains the same. I will not be participating in these proceedings. Accordingly, I will not be sworn," said Brady.

"Are you going to answer any questions asked?" Commission Chairman Emil George asked.
    "Not one question, sir?" Brady responded.

George then instructed secretary to the commission, Dr Allan G Kitron, to take the necessary steps for charges to be brought against Brady under section 16 of the Commission of Enquiry Act for disobeying the commission. If convicted in the Corporate Area Resident Magistrate's Court, Brady could be fined $500 or sentenced to three months' imprisonment should he fail to pay the fine.
    woiiee mi belly!!

Read more: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...#ixzz1C38ngpYQ
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007
Working...
X