Before The Dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before The Dawn

Lovely evening out. Shocked to see the dignitaries and wealthy inna di place (including a Miami Jewish hotel businessman who mi know fram back in di 90's)!

THE GOOD
    Opening Act (never heard of him before): Nice work...one for the future.
    Gramps Morgan: Big voice, very skillful, excellent stage work, somehow reminds me of Peter Tosh.
    Everton Blender: Short but sweet performance.
    Nadine Sutherland: Reminded us that "action, not a bag a mouth" is the key. Looks great at 40+.
    Mykal Rose: The Black Uhuru still doing it.
    Freddie McGregor: Brings back memories with his "Big Ship sailing on the ocean."
    Gyptian: Thrilled the ladies with his "Gyal mi jus' wanna hold yuh."
    Waynie Wonder: Great voice, crowd pleaser.
    Buju: The "Gargamel" is awesome...plain and simple. I hope all else goes well for him re: his court case!

THE BAD:
    Parking (or lack thereof); Traffic. Blender's performance was too short.

Word of advice: Never tell one girl seh yuh nah go a di concert an den mek she ketch yuh deh wid anedda girl!
    "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

"Word of advice: Never tell one girl seh yuh nah go a di concert an den mek she ketch yuh deh wid anedda girl!"

Word of advice "it wasn't me".

Comment

LOL Only Shaggy cudda get outta dat one! Gyal drape up di man pon roadside and fire box! Crowd a people laff suh til.
      "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Sometimes when you do the crime you just have to accept your punishment.

Comment

True words.......but the public flogging isnn't socially desirable!

Comment

As sister Shelly use to say "Sometimes a man fi get Kuff".
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

sorry to hear iyah. hope di swelling soon guh down!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                Lovely evening out. Shocked to see the dignitaries and wealthy inna di place (including a Miami Jewish hotel businessman who mi know fram back in di 90's)!

THE GOOD
                Opening Act (never heard of him before): Nice work...one for the future.
                Gramps Morgan: Big voice, very skillful, excellent stage work, somehow reminds me of Peter Tosh.
                Everton Blender: Short but sweet performance.
                Nadine Sutherland: Reminded us that "action, not a bag a mouth" is the key. Looks great at 40+.
                Mykal Rose: The Black Uhuru still doing it.
                Freddie McGregor: Brings back memories with his "Big Ship sailing on the ocean."
                Gyptian: Thrilled the ladies with his "Gyal mi jus' wanna hold yuh."
                Waynie Wonder: Great voice, crowd pleaser.
                Buju: The "Gargamel" is awesome...plain and simple. I hope all else goes well for him re: his court case!

THE BAD:
                Parking (or lack thereof); Traffic. Blender's performance was too short.

Word of advice: Never tell one girl seh yuh nah go a di concert an den mek she ketch yuh deh wid anedda girl!
                Never liked Buju's recent stage performances. That crouching over and singing to the floor boards, or the tired Marley knee-lifts just never did it for me, along with some, yes, boring chunes!

But I am glad you thought he was awesome!

Happy for Nadine! Been on the edge of busting for too long!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

LOL!

who membah di joke when di ooman begin fi see outta har yeye dem again?

hilarious!

Emperor! A you di gi it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I guess everyone want to eat a food Farmah...

I think a concert of that sort should have no more than 2 acts plus the main event.

Did they start on time?..... and did how was the changes, was it seamless?
                    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

they were just showing their support for Buju. Good showing, them need to take a tape to court when they go back.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
                        LOL Only Shaggy cudda get outta dat one! Gyal drape up di man pon roadside and fire box! Crowd a people laff suh til.

A LIE yuh a tell
                        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                        - Langston Hughes

Comment

...good that they could do it for free....

HL

Comment

Why u say that HL?

Some shows, particularly those that mark an unusual occasion, work well with many artistes doing one or two songs. Man and man just a check in and do dem ting.

I would argue that this was one of those types of shows.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Well, Assasin made the point that man-n-man a pass through and gave their support.

I was thinking that this was your regular stage-show wid nuff nuff artiss.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X