• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazie...how is Buju?

When is his next concert.

Thanks in advance
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

A doan waan yuh tink seh di banton nah guh rise again. a tree time di accusers dem put off di trial. A Easy logics dat, dem a try concrete di allegations. If dem did hab di DJ pan camera as dem deh, ah wouldah easy ting. Searchin dem searching (Ah who Waynee Wondah), US ah nuh angel by a long mark, nuh boddah wi fool wi self. dem nevah come forwod wid none ah fi dem big man fi show seh dem clean likah whistle, ah who dem ah try fool. Ah ongle nuff ah wi, weh love pale idealogy an dem fallacy.

Comment

I hope Buju gets a fair trial. If he is not guilty he would have been appropriately exonerated, but if he is guilty, he should get what he deserves. Laws have to be enforced. These guys get away for years giving Jamaican laws, and police officers the middle finger. They cant seem to do that everywhere. This might be a good start.

Comment

myYout, seems yuh nuh understand the US system. Mi know people weh get hold wid tings inna dem car and case get put off so many times and dem deh pon bail fi 2 years. The US system can be slow but it sure...Much more sure than the JA system...A lesson will be made of Buju..trust mi

Comment

Mi nuh profess fi bi nuh lawyer breddrin, but if dem hab di man pan camera ah taste di ting den di evidence nuh plain an trait. Dem know how di persecute nex man/country, ah dat dem good fah. Everbody else a dictator an debel except dem, nutten nuh guh suh at all. Dem guh all bout guh persecute nex who dem claim seh big inna tings, but fi dem jus easy like sundeh marning. Dem fi dance ah yard fuss before dem waan come dance abrioad. Bwoy dem nuh easy at all, dem have wi all inna circle like miss murkle. Mi membah one breddrin pan yah, ah suh him stay to, inna circle (a nuh di group eidah)

Comment

Its not about making a devil of anybody. The laws are the laws. For too long these Jamaican entertainers have been used to doing what they want in Jamaica and getting away with it. Many of them a part of the entertainment-drug/gun running complex. This might be a good start to get our country back in order. This includes banning Passa Passa for a while. Reorganizing it. Forcing the organizers to get the requisite permits, and pay the necessary fees. Having vendors registered, pay a vendors fees, and get food handlers permits if they sell any kind of food, including pan chicken. Vendors should have visibly displayed ID cards. The police should check and enforce the rules. Nakedness and noise ordinances should be enforced. If we cant do these things, then Passa Passa should be held at Waterworks, where the Mayor lives.

Comment

His next concert is likely to occur at the beginning of the next decade.

-----------

Posted on Tue, Jun. 01, 2010
              Buju Banton's drug trial pushed back to September

The Associated Press

Reggae star Buju Banton's drug trial in Florida has been delayed again.
              The Jamaican singer is accused of being involved in a conspiracy to traffic more than five kilograms of cocaine.

He had originally been scheduled to stand trial in Tampa on April 19. Days before trial was set to begin, U.S. District Judge James Moody rescheduled it for June 21.

On Friday, Moody moved the case to the September trial calendar. A trial date will be set at a hearing in August.

Banton's attorney filed an objection, saying the change violates the federal Speedy Trial Act. That generally requires trial to begin within 70 days after a defendant is charged or makes a first court appearance.

Banton, born Mark Myrie, has been in federal custody since December.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Reggae(physician): Excellent post!!

The reason behind my submission was to solicit current views on Bujus's case.

I think it was yesterday that I posted the urgent need to clean out the corrupt Attorneys and Judges from Jamaica. There are no concrete rule of law in Jamaica (as far as I am concerned).

The simple quality of life issues (and control systems) that you mention are starting points to get things back on track.
                The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

HL Ja corrupt bad boss if the US didn't step in I don't know what would have happened (or I do know?)

Comment

The US stepped in?

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
                      Its not about making a devil of anybody. The laws are the laws. For too long these Jamaican entertainers have been used to doing what they want in Jamaica and getting away with it. Many of them a part of the entertainment-drug/gun running complex. This might be a good start to get our country back in order. This includes banning Passa Passa for a while. Reorganizing it. Forcing the organizers to get the requisite permits, and pay the necessary fees. Having vendors registered, pay a vendors fees, and get food handlers permits if they sell any kind of food, including pan chicken. Vendors should have visibly displayed ID cards. The police should check and enforce the rules. Nakedness and noise ordinances should be enforced. If we cant do these things, then Passa Passa should be held at Waterworks, where the Mayor lives.
                      Vendors registered and pay fees, ordinance against nakedness and noise? We already have that it's a party called UTOPIA and you are free to go there and stand up wit the white people all night long. People came from far and wide for Passa Passa but I don't think you need to worry about shutting it down as nobody going down there again

Comment

why ban Passa Passa? Just make it adhere to the rules of law. Mi nuh support banning party like those because it is a major economic spinner fi ghetto people.

We actually want more organized events and community events.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

passa passa is not passa passa if it nuh end at 9:00am.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am curious why the authorites keep postponing it.
                            While I am not saying Buju is innocent but what is the sense of postponing it? Buju a sing too?
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

its a lame law

Comment

Working...
                              X