Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLINT’s demise - no negative impact on the economy – Shaw

Thursday, 17 July 2008

Finance Minister Audley Shaw is maintaining that the problems facing unregulated investment schemes will not be affect the sector, despite growing fears of a possible fallout.

He was responding to concern raised in some quarters that the difficulties being encountered by OLINT Limited could have repercussions for the financial sector and the wider economy.
    With more than US$600 million reportedly being managed by OLINT, some financial observers are predicting that the crisis facing the scheme will have far reaching implications.

However, Mr. Shaw insisted that the financial sector remains intact.
    "The banking and financial system in the country are fully intact and there's no negative impact on that system by the misfortune of these schemes," he said.
    Reacting to reports of OLINT clients being jittery Mr. Shaw said financial regulators did all they could to alert the public to the dangers of investing in these schemes.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Yuh certain bout that Mr. Shaw? I've heard of people who made purchases based on the interest they were getting from OLINT. How are they going to make the monthly payments now?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

wonder what those persons put on their loan applications as the source of income....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

but if you inna the thing right yuh nuh need nuh loan star.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

that is my first thought but....different strokes.....some people want the loan AND the 10%

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Yuh certain bout that Mr. Shaw? I've heard of people who made purchases based on the interest they were getting from OLINT. How are they going to make the monthly payments now?
            Purchases? Some people that I know very well took out a second mortgage and placed the money with OLINT. I just received news from a close source that OLINT is pretty much over as they just returned from Turks where they say Smith is sitting in his living room in darkness.

Comment

Anneda Black man crushed.. him nevah si wheh dem duh Garvey ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                Anneda Black man crushed.. him nevah si wheh dem duh Garvey ?
                A nuff black man a get crushed. My source had $1 million US in OLINT. He already withdrew his principal and made major purposes so he is actually about $50,000 ahead but you know how it burn di man as he was gonna tek everything out in two months.

Comment

Jawge will tell you that if Nanny P, that great leader who was like Garvey ahead of her time, was in power, the black man would have been protected against the plantation class who are now running the show again.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

If needed Mr Shaw will have to rescue Olint members!

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    Thursday, 17 July 2008

Finance Minister Audley Shaw is maintaining that the problems facing unregulated investment schemes will not be affect the sector, despite growing fears of a possible fallout.

He was responding to concern raised in some quarters that the difficulties being encountered by OLINT Limited could have repercussions for the financial sector and the wider economy.
                    With more than US$600 million reportedly being managed by OLINT, some financial observers are predicting that the crisis facing the scheme will have far reaching implications.

However, Mr. Shaw insisted that the financial sector remains intact.
                    "The banking and financial system in the country are fully intact and there's no negative impact on that system by the misfortune of these schemes," he said.
                    Reacting to reports of OLINT clients being jittery Mr. Shaw said financial regulators did all they could to alert the public to the dangers of investing in these schemes.
                    Mr Shaw can talk all he want. Probably he believes that the real problem is money is possible money laundering and that Olint has the cash to refund the deposits of the other legal investors.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X