OJ .. after yuh stop wasting time,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OJ .. after yuh stop wasting time,

deal wid dis nuh? At least there is a simply way to deal with what yuh fussing bout.

"Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Hopefully driving without a licence, whether the physical thing on your presence, or not being a licenced driver, is not more than a misdemeanour and not a crime.

What OJ is saying is that the consequence outweighs the infraction...and it looks draconian in the eyes of someone who is living in a realtively orderly society. JA requires not just harsher consequences, but enforcement of existing misdemeanour laws. You know how much red light I break? ok after it changes red for two to three seconds? well, not often but I've done it depending on the situation and why? NOBODY goin stop me.

When I lived in hicktown Canada, at 3 o'clock in the morning with not a soul in sight you should see me waiting patiently for the light to change...because you never know when you might get ketch.

pr
    Peter R

Comment

People guilty of a crime have been sentenced to even less than 42 days.

Blessed

Comment

The article said detain until you could produce the license. This means you call home or the police check the Registrar of Licenses. In the meantime, they get to check your identity and your license status.

Thus, if license info guaranteed, I suspect that you will only have to pay a ticket after that.

I feel that this Net will catch a lot of fish and is relatively benign. it is better than enforcing a National ID card system, which is the REAL affront to civil liberties.

Walking on the road is the basic right. Operating a motor vehicle is NOT. Illegally driving a car is a serious offense.

Comment

I agree, 42 days is wayyy too long.

14 days or even 7 sounds more suitable.

I suspect they threw 42 days out there, but will come out officially with something like 7-14 days.

Comment

Willi:"I feel that this Net will catch a lot of fish and is relatively benign. it is better than enforcing a National ID card system, which is the REAL affront to civil liberties."

Did you mean to say "NOT catch a lot of fish"?

pr
            Peter R

Comment

Nah,

Nuff gunmen tief car and go on galavants all over the island. I feel that this measure can catch a few of them, or at least cause them to restrict movements like this that cause havoc.

Comment

That's my feeling, these guys are mobile and the Highway patrol if managed correctly (equipment, technology etc) can have a positive impact on the situation.

pr
                Peter R

Comment

Rockman people with 4 murder charges deh pon bail and we discussing failure to produce driver license.. where is mosiah when you need him to box lazie..

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                    Rockman people with 4 murder charges deh pon bail and we discussing failure to produce driver license.. where is mosiah when you need him to box lazie..
                    Suh why you talking as if I'm in agreement with such persons getting bail? You're the one running up yuh blood pressure over this. As mi say, its simple ... tek up yuh keys ... tek up yuh license.

Hope we not going to waste time wid dis today.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

YOu have police a drive stolen car and you talk like license gonna change the world.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                        YOu have police a drive stolen car and you talk like license gonna change the world.
                        Getting comical now OJ? Who said anything bout change the world? Yuh listen too much Babyface or Eric Clapton.

Comment

Working...
                        X