No decision on Deedo’s extradition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No decision on Deedo’s extradition

A decision on whether alleged drug dealer Norris "Deedo" Nembhard is to be extradited has not yet been made.
    On Friday Mr. Nembhard lost his appeal against extradition and his attorneys applied to Justice Minister Dorothy Lightbourne to intervene.
    But on Monday morning Senator Lightbourne told reporters while she has read the letter submitted to her by the lawyers she has not yet made a decision.

"Well I have letters from all the attorneys and I am considering the response. And I have asked for advice from my department on how to proceed and I am awaiting that," she said.
    The Appeal Court on Friday ruled that Nembhard and four other Jamaicans are to be extradited to stand trial in the US.

In the letter, Mr. Nembhard's lawyers asked the Attorney General to disregard the ruling of the High Court and exercise her powers to refuse the US government's extradition request.
    They reminded Senator Lightbourne that under the Extradition Act she is the final arbiter as to whether a Jamaican citizen should be extradited.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Whats there to think about Ms. Lightbourne? The answer is obvious.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

for a second i though it was a brasilian 'balla...yuh know, dudu, dede, kaka...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        They reminded Senator Lightbourne that under the Extradition Act she is the final arbiter as to whether a Jamaican citizen should be extradited.
        this should be interesting... existing laws, agreements, treaties, precedents, personal safety, national security... this is really shaping up nicely for the senator...
        'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

Working...
        X