No announcement yet.

Thanks a lot, Newsletter! - Spanish shun Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court of public opinion... can you be more obtuse ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      You call building an illegal floor of a hotel that breaches airport flight path requirements pushing the envelope ???

LOL !!
      Did it?
      What are the international realities?
      Do not misunderstand...I have not a clue?!
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

now you are pushing the envelope of credibility...

Comment

Suh the forged approval just made itself (in Spanish to boot)?

Come on man, where there is smoke there is fire and I am advocating exactly what you said, instead of the slow fade away of the issue that normally happens.

While I dont know and hold not brief for Butch, I have to ask what these Spaniards are bringing to the table. Are they in Jamaica as opportunists going after the US market that others have developed (with a slide in sidewaysa and pick another man's corn) or are they helping to develop the nascent EUROPEAN market where the real future (and strong Euro) is?

I see no reason to bend to cater to the Spaniards if they dont bring much added value to our economy. Are they parasitical or entreprenurial?

Comment

As John Maxwell seh, dem Spanish Hoets come fi "uglify" our shores and sully the environment. No way would our local hoteliers get weh with that. Kiss teeth.

How politics come into this? This is about Jamaica. i agree with you Farmah.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              I see no reason to bend to cater to the Spaniards if they dont bring much added value to our economy.
              What "added value" is Butch bringing? Just asking.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Well a World Class #1 Brand for one....

Mi tell unnuh fi seek Therapy...

Comment

Are you answering the question or being an ass?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No, testing your IQ.

You just failed.

Comment

He and other Jamaican tourist interests developed the NAmer Mkt, through direct efforts and taxes over the years. They also developed brand Jamaica, developed local competencies and made other valuable contributions over the years. I dont see how it helps us to encourage farriners to come in and reap what they did not sow.

I am not here to defend Butch or to be his shill, I dont know the man and dont have any strong opinions on him either way. He may be the best guy or a complete s-house. Dunno and in this case, i dont care.

I understand Don1's concern about hegemony. Fine. I understand you concern about his "brown" coloured glasses. Fine again. These are your opinions based on interpertations of certain observations. They may be true or false.

If true, then yes, it must be watched. However, in THIS case, I think its irrelevant and you both are seeing phantoms.

Comment

Nothing some good therapy won't cure.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                          He and other Jamaican tourist interests developed the NAmer Mkt, through direct efforts and taxes over the years. They also developed brand Jamaica, developed local competencies and made other valuable contributions over the years. I dont see how it helps us to encourage farriners to come in and reap what they did not sow.
                          Let's just deal with this part.

Who knows what the Spaniards could "develop over the years"? Jamaican tourist interests developed the Euro Mkt? Possible?

Could they help further develop brand Jamaica? Or is it something that don't need any more help?

What is this about fariners reaping what they did not sow? So is only Jamaican hoteliers yuh want? What did Butch sow, sand and sea?

Are you serious, Willi?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I give up.

You seem like you dont know about Spanish Tourism.

Comment

Of course I don't know about Spanish tourism, and you obviously do. But why should that mean that we have no power to have them conform? And if that's the case, then to hell wid dem! But can we try and work with them first and not allow Sandals to drive them from our shores just because dem fraid a dem? Yuh tink is di environment Sandals concerned about?!?

Is that what you are saying, that they will never conform?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They are welcome as long as they play by the RULES. if they did Butch would have had no case.

We must be quiet and let them build how they want, whatever they want?

They are the ones violating the laws here, nobody else is.
                                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                                X