Ralston Hyman is at it again. "The ideas put

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralston Hyman is at it again. "The ideas put

forward by Minister Tufton is not new. These are ideas put forward by former PM Manley some 30 years ago!" (Hyman).

I think the next question is obvious ... then again, Mosiah point out Omar had a tax amnesty and it failed ....
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

You didn't know Omar had a tax amnesty? Such a great selective memory!They should phrenologically examine your brain and we shouldn't wait for you to expire.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

well is not whether he had a plan it's how successful it was or wasn't and why!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

No! First we need to demonstrate some honesty about it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

But it wasn't new back in the 70s either, Manley got it from somewhere.
          We acting as if it is a stroke of brilliance, it is a matter of doing it.

I support it one hundred % regardless of who is proposing it.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
            You didn't know Omar had a tax amnesty? Such a great selective memory!They should phrenologically examine your brain and we shouldn't wait for you to expire.
            Selective? Didn't you admit it wasn't successful? Suh simply move on and stop defend failure.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What exactly yuh talking about, Sass? What did Manley get from somewhere?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am wondering how come you can't remember if Omar had an amnesty. Deal with fact and your honesty towards it first. Wi deal with the success or lack thereof later.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I am wondering how come you can't remember if Omar had an amnesty. Deal with fact and your honesty towards it first. Wi deal with the success or lack thereof later.
                  Stop shifting the target Mosiah. What was our compliance rate under Omar? Comrade Burke owed how much in taxes? What did Omar duh bout it?

Now, what has this gov't done to deal with those who didn't pay their taxes? How many idiots tried to paint it as political victimization?

I think its time you stop questioning people's honesty whenever yuh in a corner.

Comment

Good try, Lazie, but it not going to work with me. Yesterday, I asked the question and yuh still can't answer it. Why didn't you accuse me of shifting target yesterday? You are the one trying to squirm out of this very basic test of your integrity.

Did you or did you not know that Omar had an amnesty? Wi not going any further in any discussion until you can answer that.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

the jlp also did it in the 80's with the "back tax axe" campaign.....i was young then but i seem to recall it being an effective campaign....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Good try, Lazie, but it not going to work with me. Yesterday, I asked the question and yuh still can't answer it. Why didn't you accuse me of shifting target yesterday? You are the one trying to squirm out of this very basic test of your integrity.

Did you or did you not know that Omar had an amnesty? Wi not going any further in any discussion until you can answer that.
                        Claffy, Omar even admitted in his parliamentary presentation that he attempted an amnesty. You, his premier cheerleader admitted it wasn't a success ... why yuh stuck in first gear?

Oh ... yuh problem is, if Shaw's attempt is better than Omar's. And based on the article posted yesterday, more people are making contact with the tax administration.

Time yuh get over yuh pettiness.

Comment

Is this an admission that you knew Omar had an amnesty before?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

omar also said why he did not think it would work....which given the success of the back tax axe campaign and the seeming success of the current amnesty, it makes one wonder why it did not work when omar tried it?

c'mon mosiah...even you must remember the "Back Tax....AXE!" commercials!

Comment

eat what you grow campaign.

These are policies that many other countries have embarked on so to act as it is such a novel idea I don't get it. Yes Manley did try it never work but why we talking as if this is a new idea then or now?

Just like free education and Healthcare, in my view that is what people pay taxes for and most other countries are doing it so why don't we. I only know of the US that don't have free Healthcare and I can't think of any country that don't have free education through high school.

Maybe the esteem forumites can enlighten me and I mean it if I could get the info, I will take a good look at it. The fact is both Manley and Tufton in my view fi get credit for promoting eat what you grow campaign. I thank Manley for Free education cause without it I don't know if I could finish high school and he opened up more common entrance passes as well.

These are things government should be doing for the people of Jamaica. We should never allow any more fees for high school or healthcare ever again, plain and straight and we need fi eat and plant more food instead of importing weeble flour and rice.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
                              X